Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm saying that suggestion Janssen start is not an "utter mong" comment because there is merit in the suggestion for the reasons I have given.

Oh, and when I say "Son" twice, the probably means I am talking about Son.
Its more than an "utter mong" comment when the person commenting is the same mong that continuously claims Janssen deserves starts (despite being poor) and also continuously blames Poch for his treatment of Janssen....and now he has the audacity to talk about being "fair".

And hmmmm yes i was aware you was talking about Son but everything you said could be said about Janssen and then some.

Given that Son has more league minutes under his belt, and was coming off the back of a hatrick - it seemed obvious that Poch was going to start him today.

From what we've seen in the match, the ball should definitely be in Janssen's court now (which is a good thing, as I think he'll offer more as the main striker than Son - who seems to perform best as an attacking midfielder).
Hopefully we're now in a situation where Janssen can start against Burnley and no-one will have their feathers ruffled over it.

Pending an injury-free international break, of course.
I find Son a very frustrating player. He has got some truly crucial goals for us, but in games where he has started he has often gone missing and just been flat out underwhelming. The problem is that he's not an out and out striker so he needs to do more during games than just score goals. He needs to be part of the overall functioning team, and with the exception of the Man City game I think he's been a bit of a weak link in that regard.

Personally I would start Janssen and bring Son on as a super sub, a role he has excelled at in the past.

Its more than an "utter mong" comment when the person commenting is the same mong that continuously claims Janssen deserves starts (despite being poor) and also continuously blames Poch for his treatment of Janssen....and now he has the audacity about being "fair".

And hmmmm yes i was aware you was talking about Son but everything you said could be said about Janssen and then some.
Just because you dislike a poster, it doesn't mean every remark they make is garbage. With Kane out I don't think starting Janssen is as without merit as you seem to be making out.

Vinny offered more than Son today in 5 minutes....both had one shot each too in their respective time on the pitch.

Not interested in Son vs Janssen...its not about that, I like both and they are not shoe ins for eachother, and neither are shoe ins for Kane.

Tad naive to say "Son scores so should replace Kane"....as covered earlier in the thread, Son does well with a striker on the pitch. Today was a prime example of Son up top leading the line from start.

If anyone wants that against Burnley then Im not sure what they are expecting from the game. Id rather see Son and Janssen in a 4411 at Dier's expense than go with Son as a lone striker again. Might as well go with 10 men.

Great first half, disappointing second half pretty much sums the game today. Don't think Sonny can play the centre forward position, he spends too much time out wide, would have preferred Vince in that position, but that's just my view. Was scratching my head with the first substitution, but all turned out OK in the end. I wasn't aware that the crowd had given Hugo stick, but to be fair, his kicking out was pretty dreadful, and not just today. Don't know why he doesn't roll it out to one of the backs or put it down the middle. Still no reason for abusing our players, though, was a shame we went so quiet, but it seemed we all went off the boil, players and supporters alike. Southampton hassled us all over the park in the second half, it felt like we were playing with one man down. Having said that, they only scored because we slipped up. Bottom line is we won and we got three points, so all the detractors can go and stew!
Loved the half time guests - what a line up of Legends - Big Pat, Phil Beal, Mike England, Cliff Jones, Gilly, Joe Kinnear, Mullers and Jimmy Robertson.
Now the decision is, do I bother watching the highlights on MOTD or do I carry on watching Dallas - JR Returns (1996)?

Great first half, disappointing second half pretty much sums the game today. Don't think Sonny can play the centre forward position, he spends too much time out wide, would have preferred Vince in that position, but that's just my view. Was scratching my head with the first substitution, but all turned out OK in the end. I wasn't aware that the crowd had given Hugo stick, but to be fair, his kicking out was pretty dreadful, and not just today. Don't know why he doesn't roll it out to one of the backs or put it down the middle. Still no reason for abusing our players, though, was a shame we went so quiet, but it seemed we all went off the boil, players and supporters alike. Southampton hassled us all over the park in the second half, it felt like we were playing with one man down. Having said that, they only scored because we slipped up. Bottom line is we won and we got three points, so all the detractors can go and stew!
Loved the half time guests - what a line up of Legends - Big Pat, Phil Beal, Mike England, Cliff Jones, Gilly, Joe Kinnear, Mullers and Jimmy Robertson.
Now the decision is, do I bother watching the highlights on MOTD or do I carry on watching Dallas - JR Returns (1996)?
Spot on Mrs P.

Good win, against a useful and up for it Saints side. Though we did play in the second hale the way that Milner looks, we really never looked like conceding again.

With a run of games that on paper look easier there's no automatic wins in this league anymore. Come through April pretty much unscathed and runners up should be secured.

Oh and we will fuck Woolwhich.

felt that when Son were off we lost shape in midfield & up front, with most of them just running/pressing anywhere
not saying that Son was good just that Winks for Son (forward) changing positions of dele & Eriksen didn't work.
Son coming off should have meant a striker coming on, that would have been less disruptive to team as an whole

Why is everyone so against critique? What else are we supposed to talk about? Unless of course we want a forum where everyone simply says 'great win'. It was a good win but as with most games there are things we can talk about. I don't go here during the match often as I have a season ticket. I do know things can get a bit crazy and there are the usual idiots.
Nobody is against critique. People are against moaning for the sake of it.

Just enjoy this last season at WHL. We're playing such great football at home. In some parts of the first half yesterday, it was like playing FIFA, the tempo we are able to play on the smaller pitch is incredible. Quick and short passes, alot of movement between the lines - we might not be the most effective team infront of goal, but there isn't a team in Europe right now which is playing faster football than us.

As for the title, I said a few weeks ago, let it drop. It's over sadly. I don't want to look at the gap between us them, I just want to enjoy the football, and so should the rest of the fans. We've done what we can to close in on points with them - we've beaten them at our ground. And it's not like we are not able to lift a trophy this season! :tobyarm:

Trust me, our next season will be far away from this one. A bigger pitch will really hinder our style of play if we don't adapt to the new dimensions of our new stadium. It will be completely different, all of our games will be played either on a neutral or on an away basis. So, enjoy the rest of this season! COYS

Just enjoy this last season at WHL. We're playing such great football at home. In some parts of the first half yesterday, it was like playing FIFA, the tempo we are able to play on the smaller pitch is incredible. Quick and short passes, alot of movement between the lines - we might not be the most effective team infront of goal, but there isn't a team in Europe right now which is playing faster football than us.

As for the title, I said a few weeks ago, let it drop. It's over sadly. I don't want to look at the gap between us them, I just want to enjoy the football, and so should the rest of the fans. We've done what we can to close in on points with them - we've beaten them at our ground. And it's not like we are not able to lift a trophy this season! :tobyarm:

Trust me, our next season will be far away from this one. A bigger pitch will really hinder our style of play if we don't adapt to the new dimensions of our new stadium. It will be completely different, all of our games will be played either on a neutral or on an away basis. So, enjoy the rest of this season! COYS

Great post. Completely agree.

Back
Top Bottom