The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

------------Jassen--------------
Eriksen---Winks---Dele------
-------Dembele--Dier----------
Davies--Vert-Ald-----Walker
-------------LLoris-----------------

How can we bring winksy in without dropping someone?
I wouldn't drop anyone at the moment. I'd continue to introduce Winks from the bench midway through the 2nd half as an impact sub. I'm really excited with what the future holds for him but feel the system and personal we are starting games with at the moment is bringing out good, consistent performances. I can see Janssen starting against Burnley as Son is over the other side of the world, other than that same as today although obviously I'd love to see Rose back.

It's realistic to assume that we will struggle at their ground. They defend extremely well at home.

I'd give Janssen a start. His hold-up play could be vital for this game. Rose would be a big bonus if he recovers in time. Really need him down the flanks for this one.

I'd genuinely take a draw looking at their home form so a win would really start cementing us in our top 4 spot. The good thing with that southampton win and other corresponding results are we're guaranteed to remain top 3, but with the Woolwich and City game the day after our match vs Burnley, a draw there could provide us with extra breathing room.

We're at the stage where we can start looking at other teams' fixtures as fans and think rationally about our chances, Liverpool host a tricky derby game vs Everton too.

The only teams that have beaten Burnley at home are Woolwich(last minute header), City and Swansea (on the 1st day).

I'd like to see Janssen and Winks in for Son and a Dembele, but with how the team is playing I think I trust whatever XI Poch sends out.

I do think that Trippier will start for Walker, though, due to international duty.

I wouldn't drop anyone at the moment. I'd continue to introduce Winks from the bench midway through the 2nd half as an impact sub. I'm really excited with what the future holds for him but feel the system and personal we are starting games with at the moment is bringing out good, consistent performances. I can see Janssen starting against Burnley as Son is over the other side of the world, other than that same as today although obviously I'd love to see Rose back.

I would start Janssen not because Son has farther to travel but the fact Son is just not very good as a lone striker.

Nah that's the Welsh who bang sheep.
Burnley's all hot pots and trouble oop mill.

spanish_inquisition6.jpg

No one expects the Spanish inquisition
or the vincent janssen hat trick

Back
Top Bottom