Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, Burnley have the worst away record in the league.

At home, they are Champions League level.
They've only played three home PL matches since the new year and did bottle it in the FA Cup, but yeah, they've won ten home PL fixtures this year. It will be a tough game.

Maybe I was a little harsh. He wasn't shit, but he definitely was below average with some misplaced passes. Walker definitely was awful.
Walker was absolute toilet today, he's got the first touch of a rapist lately, looks like he was carrying a knock though. His decision making as ever, quite poor.

Walker was absolute toilet today, he's got the first touch of a rapist lately, looks like he was carrying a knock though. His decision making as ever, quite poor.
That's a bit harsh imo, he wasn't at his best but to say he was absolutely toilet it's a bit too much imo.

The 2nd half was a very poor, we looked bad . I am very thankful that we go into the international break with a WIN. Hopefully Pochettino can take notes of how we play without Kane and try get best out our attacking players. I

Nope cause when spurs grind out a win it's cause we are a one man team without Kane, when the Chavs grind out a win it's the sign of champions......
:deledoubt:
You forgot Liverpool's ugly win,- at home to Burnley away-that showed they do have character, with both Mane and Firmino.
Lawrenson spent 15 mins on the pitch talking about it with Klopp. The words 'win' and 'ugly' used superfluously
Conclusion in a nutshell: sign of a great team

C7S3N7CXwAUswox.jpg

That settles it then.

You forgot Liverpool's ugly win,- at home to Burnley away-that showed they do have character, with both Mane and Firmino.
Lawrenson spent 15 mins on the pitch talking about it with Klopp. The words 'win' and 'ugly' used superfluously
Conclusion in a nutshell: sign of a great team

It must really kill them to see us in 2nd again!

Probably my last game at the Lane (unless I go full Charlie Bucket and win the golden ticket ballot against Arseanal!)

A first half to savour... I think the team (and, dare I say it some of the fans) thought the job was done by HT...

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that we didn't get things our own way in the 2nd half, and the players remember the game isn't over 'til the Ref says it is! (Even WITH his Magic 5 minutes of 'injury time' pulled out of nowhere!)

To be honest... the game had 2-2 or 3-1 written all over it! Did NOT see 2-1 coming!

Good enough game- not at all a comfortable ending though.
Eriksen and Dele I feel did very well.
Winks and Janssen were great in their limited minutes.
Tripper was good but could have been better with his passing.

Southampton I thought did very well.
We were a bit fortunate that Shane Long did so poorly with his runs- had they been better timed we might have had to face a few more difficult defensive situations.
Romeu I thought was excellent- big, strong, skilled and surprisingly mobile. Given that he is only 25, I'd hope that we consider him if we need to make a CM purchase. I'm sure there would be other good candidates available but he probably could be gotten for a very reasonable fee. Bertrand I thought looked very good too.
Puel is having a very good season with Southampton too and I think they ought to be pleased with how they are playing. He seems like he a good player development guy as well as a disciplined tactician.

Anyways, 10 off chelsea with 10 games to go now. Is it possible that they could slip up a little and allow us to close the gap? We definitely need to show we can score more goals with Kane out, but today was a good start. Who knows what can happen if we keep winning?

I think we could do better with Janssen up front vs Burnley for obvious reasons and maybe Son down the flanks or as an impact sub. I'm not sure of Son's attributes as being enough to do the striker job.

I thought exactly that before this game......Son is no striker. Even if Janssen is not scoring, he is causing the oppo problems, battling away, and offering.

Son is way too inconsistent to take the mantle up top while Kane is out. He is better behind the striker, making unmarked runs while the actual striker is being tracked by defenders. He is also a great impact sub, but just doesnt do as well when starting and playing the majority of a game. Also offers little muscle when we need to fight.

Back
Top Bottom