The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ben Davies was fantastic today.
Must admit he was ok.
I think Koeman fucked up. I was expecting him to target Davies with pace.
Yet he decided to go strong in midfield and let Davies off the hook defensively really.
Davies played well, as did the whole team.
Just that lack of concentration at the death. It won't happen again.

Delighted with that result. At 2-1 I was wondering if that might be the point in the season we look back on as when we blew it. To get the 3rd was massive and showed an improvement on character and strength. (And was proven vital by that 2nd Everton goal- even if you argue we may not have conceded it had we not assumed it was game over by that point)

Also agree that Davies had his best league game for us for a long time if not ever. He still doesn't offer that same attacking threat as rose but he looked stronger and meaner in the challenge today.

Nice points gap over 5th place now with a couple more winnable games on the horizon. Hope those spastics from east London get something vs the chavala tomorrow

Looking at Vertonghen slip I think he goes down because Lukaku grabs his shirt, he pulls and Lukaku let's go straight away,
Souness was saying it was a nudge and strength.
It wasn't.
It was a quick tug on the shirt.

Delighted with that result. At 2-1 I was wondering if that might be the point in the season we look back on as when we blew it. To get the 3rd was massive and showed an improvement on character and strength. (And was proven vital by that 2nd Everton goal- even if you argue we may not have conceded it had we not assumed it was game over by that point)

Also agree that Davies had his best league game for us for a long time if not ever. He still doesn't offer that same attacking threat as rose but he looked stronger and meaner in the challenge today.

Nice points gap over 5th place now with a couple more winnable games on the horizon. Hope those spastics from east London get something vs the chavala tomorrow

Thought davies should have had a crack on goal at times, he had quite a bit of space, good to see him getting better with a run of games.

Ref was crap today - thinks he's helping the game flow by not blowing up for any fouls, but it's actually pretty dangerous as there's no limit of what's acceptable set.

Everton were poor, their main tactic is a long hopeful ball to Lukaku which I was surprised by - I thought Koeman was trying to get the Barca job?.....No chance if today is anything to go by.

We played really well, probably would have been another 4-0 on a different day.

Last edited:
A fantastic team performance against a good inform Everton side. The gulf to the teams outside the top 6 is immense. Especially glad for both Davies and Dier who I thought were outstanding. Onwards and upwards!

His foul on Kane in the first half was evil. Contact straight on his knee when his foot was planted, nowhere near the ball.
No yellow either. Let him get away with a few more 'tackles'.
A yellow is a yellow. Doesn't matter if it's the first tackle. The ball wasn't at knee height. We t was intended to hurt Kane.
I remember the cunt going in two footed recklessly in one game, scything through the player, nowhere near the ball, and getting away without a a card.
Obviously he and Roubles go to the same barber .

A great performance today the result was never even in doubt in my mind, even though they scored 2 goals, they was gifted to email.

Kane just loves scoring goals and it's beautiful to watch, and a cheeky Alli to cap it off. I thought Jan was immense today, pity about the slip at the end but neverless was on top form.

COYS

A fantastic team performance against a good inform Everton side. The gulf to the teams outside the top 6 is immense. Especially glad for both Davies and Dier who I thought were outstanding. Onwards and upwards!
Except for the last goal where Dier switched off on Valencia.
But I'm nit picking.

Chavs lose tomorrow this title race is wide open!

Not sure about that to be honest, but it would make things interesting. It would mean another loss in the few games after that would put us back in it - assuming we continue to win in the meantime. 7 points is still quite a big gap at this stage of the season when you consider Chelsea don't look very fragile, even though they don't look very brilliant either.

A great performance today the result was never even in doubt in my mind, even though they scored 2 goals, they was gifted to email.

Kane just loves scoring goals and it's beautiful to watch, and a cheeky Alli to cap it off. I thought Jan was immense today, pity about the slip at the end but neverless was on top form.

COYS
Wasn't a slip. Lukaku grabbed his shirt as he was running backwards and let go as soon as he pulled.
I've looked at it again and again.
It's a really quick tug.

Back
Top Bottom