Improvements

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahhh... well I was disagreeing with the original poster of this thread...who is Totti Totti ...who i'm pretty sure doesn't give a shit one way or another what I think.... so why should you?

We're 2nd... having just beaten a team we've drawn with 1-1 on the past 3 previous occasions...
I'D SAY WE'RE MAKING SOME PRETTY DRASTIC MOTHERFUCKIN' IMPROVEMENTS!!!

or do you disagree with that as well matey-boy?
And you're so happy, you are on here, trying to start an online argument with a complete stranger and trying to break the World Record for most styles of font used in one post.

I wish I was you. You're awesome.

And you're so happy, you are on here, trying to start an online argument with a complete stranger and trying to break the World Record for most styles of font used in one post.

I'm really not trying to start an argument ...but the most styles of font intrigues me...

...as do you... stranger!!

Honestly mate, I'm just happy we won today, a little pissed off ArseAnal matched our result, but fuck it.
I just don't like to see any negativity on here trying to shoehorn in needs for improvements, when we're pretty fucking awesome right now as it is!

I'm a lover, not a fighter..
. honest!

Oh pipes Art Vandelay Art Vandelay StuG StuG ...I haven't seen you much on here before you all suddenly piped up and chose to disagree with my comment that there wasn't much need for improvement on our current team ... so i'm calling it...
y'all Gooners much?

Went to my first game in '83 mate, so no, not a gooner.

You don't see me much on here because I don't comment much.

And I was disagreeing with you calling him a negative fuck. No need.

We haven't won anything yet, so improvements are needed.

Chill the fuck out.

Went to my first game in '83 mate, so no, not a gooner.

You don't see me much on here because I don't comment much.

And I was disagreeing with you calling him a negative fuck. No need.

We haven't won anything yet, so improvements are needed.

Chill the fuck out.

OK!
borat-thumbs-up.jpg

...actually, you make some very good, fair points.

Points which I don't have an answer to, other to post some GIF of Borat to lighten the mood.

You win.

I lost the internet this time...

But i'll be back... Mwooh-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Actually, I probably won't... I have nothing. Sorry for posting shit when we won.

Shoulda saved it for when we next lose!

My bad.

I'm chilled now.

:pochfacepalm:

Even if Hugo Lloris had conceded every shot on target he faced in the last four league games, Spurs would still have taken 10 points from a possible 12
From F365

Incredible fact.

No one could have seen the extent of our rise in form, but looking back over the thread there was a great deal of optimism, more than the doom n gloomers, which is nice to see.

Definately have improved, that is unquestionable now in my opinion

Cant understand there are fans saying we have a problem scoring goals recently though.

I think I'll do something different and have a look at our improvement over Pochettino's 3 seasons and see how the league has changed:

2014/2015:
Played: 24
Won: 13
Drawn: 4
Lost: 7
Scored: 37
Conceded: 31

1. Chelsea - 56pts
2. Man City - 49pts
3. Southampton - 45pts
4. Man Utd - 44pts
-----------------------------------
5. SPURS - 43pts
6. Woolwich - 42pts

2015/2016:
Won: 12
Drawn: 9
Lost: 3
Scored: 44
Conceded: 19

1. Leicester - 50pts
2. Man City - 47pts
3. SPURS - 45pts
4. Woolwich - 45pts
5. Man Utd - 40pts
6. West Ham - 39pts

2016/2017:
Won: 14
Drawn: 8
Lost: 2
Scored: 46
Conceded: 16

1. Chelsea - 59pts
2. SPURS - 50pts
3. Woolwich - 47pts
4. Liverpool - 46pts
------------------------------
5. Man City - 46pts
6. Man Utd - 42pts

Question is, how do we deal with all the damn draws?

Good question.

Interestingly, in Poch's first season we didn't get many draws but we obviously lost a lot more. Second season we improved on NOT losing but ended up drawing more. This season we've improved our attack and improved our defence which has resulted in less draws and less losses but like you say, still too many draws.

Next year we should see a sustained improvement.

I think I'll do something different and have a look at our improvement over Pochettino's 3 seasons and see how the league has changed:

2014/2015:
Won: 13
Drawn: 4
Lost: 7
Scored: 37
Conceded: 31

1. Chelsea - 56pts
2. Man City - 49pts
3. Southampton - 45pts
4. Man Utd - 44pts
5. SPURS - 43pts
6. Woolwich - 42pts

2015/2016:
Won: 12
Drawn: 9
Lost: 3
Scored: 44
Conceded: 19

1. Leicester - 50pts
2. Man City - 47pts
3. SPURS - 45pts
4. Woolwich - 45pts
5. Man Utd - 40pts
6. West Ham - 39pts

2016/2017:
Won: 14
Drawn: 8
Lost: 2
Scored: 46
Conceded: 16

1. Chelsea - 59pts
2. SPURS - 50pts
3. Woolwich - 47pts
4. Liverpool - 46pts
------------------------------
5. Man City - 46pts
6. Man Utd - 42pts
How did our Points per match ended after 38 matches considering our ratio after 24 matches is an interesting stat, as some claim Poch sides always finish the season poorly.

2015: 1.792 PPG after 24 matches, expected net sum after 38 matches is 68.1, actual point tally 64
2016: 1.875 PPG after 24 matches, expected net sum after 38 matches is 71.25, actual sum was 70
2017: 2.083 PPG after 24 matches, expected net sum after 38 matches is 79.16

Now there is a statistically discernible dip, but it's rather small and with a large margin of error, when trying to run a regression I came up with 77 points, but it's far from sound. I should play with the home/away fixed effect though

Fucken hell, Pipes. I think this is the most you've ever said.

Yes we need to improve. We are not champion quality yet. Not suggesting we adopt a drugs program like Leicester did, but we do need more depth and fewer Sissoko type signings.

I'm also mildly concerned by the chasing pack. Being second today and finishing top four is far from certain given the quality of the squads just below us.

How did our Points per match ended after 38 matches considering our ratio after 24 matches is an interesting stat, as some claim Poch sides always finish the season poorly.

2015: 1.792 PPG after 24 matches, expected net sum after 38 matches is 68.1, actual point tally 64
2016: 1.875 PPG after 24 matches, expected net sum after 38 matches is 71.25, actual sum was 70
2017: 2.083 PPG after 24 matches, expected net sum after 38 matches is 79.16

Now there is a statistically discernible dip, but it's rather small and with a large margin of error, when trying to run a regression I came up with 77 points, but it's far from sound. I should play with the home/away fixed effect though
Yet when The Sun, Sky & Talksport have an no mark unemployed Dutch fitness coach criticise Poch everyone believes it's true. Narrative building, one person says it, no one challenges it, no one checks the facts, it must be true.

So, what's gone wrong?

- 1 win in 6 with that 1 win coming against a Championship team
- Knocked out of Europe by losing to a Belgian mid table club.
- 8 goals conceded in our last 4 games

It can't be as simple as saying we miss Rose? Is our depth really that shit? It's as if we have a set 11, a well-oiled machine that works together but if just ONE player is missing, we're poor. We're unbalanced, lack penetration and seem to resort to knocking it long.

I'm hoping our new scouting department look to purchase players who will IMPROVE us and can pop in to the team when needed, REGARDLESS OF AGE. Enough with this buying players under 25 bollocks. We need experienced guys in there, winners who are going to grab these players when they're not performing. I'm all for bringing kids through and having a young team but not at the extent where we're not buying certain players because there is a YOUNGER player available who MAY turn out as good.

Pochettino ultimately needs to decide on a philosophy and fucking stick to it. Why are we buying wingers when we don't play with wingers? Why are we buying Janssen when it's clear we needed an ALTERNATIVE to Kane who can run the channels and use pace to trouble? Too many times throughout games we seem to be changing it up, it's as if Pochettino has been criticised for not having a Plan B so he's trying numerous different tactics to try and show he has and it doesn't work. Sometimes we line up with a diamond, sometimes 3 in midfield, sometimes 3 at the back and sometimes 4-2-3-1, yet we don't have the players for all those line ups.

It's at that stage where I'm not even confident that this time can even get us to Wembley in the FA Cup and even when we do, what good is that going to do when we're fucking shit at the venue anyway!?

Really really worried about next season with our away form this season and our form at Wembley whenever we tend to play there. Talk of transitional periods, that is next season. I just hope the players and the entitled fans understand this.

They really weren't bad at all tonight. Just terribly unlucky. They do need to work on their finishing and attacking plays though. And nkoudou should not be pushed out of the squad because we spunked £30m on sissoko

Back
Top Bottom