Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you've jumped on this stadium bandwagon thing. I've never denied it. Just had my doubts Levy would see it through. Even I've seen the funny side of that one. You use it as a stick to beat me when it comes to other important issues such as our transfer policy, annual bottlings etc without ever putting forward an informed counter argument. "John Thomas is a stadium denier so everything else is ok". I think your just trying to make friends on the forum. That's OK though. You'll get no abuse from me.

I dont need vie for friends on here, it seems that you're the one who's unpopular.

I don't take your argument seriously because you've proved that your opinion is biased. You cant spend four years on here shouting into the wind only to be proved wrong and then demand to be taken seriously.

And i don't think Levy is perfect, no football chairman is. It's a buisness now not a sport. Dont hate the player hate the game.

I dont need vie for friends on here, it seems that you're the one who's unpopular.
OK mouse mouse Unlike you I don't see it as a popularity contest. I'm here to say it as I see it, not to make friends. But, since you've brought it up, when I just looked, you'd made 2137 posts and have a +rep of 4167. I've made 2313 posts and have a +rep of 4048. your only just as ahead boy. That must be so embarrassing for you. On here to make friends and be popular, but not much more popular than the very unpopular John Thomas John Thomas

Davies and Dier have been shite for a while, Kane has been a bit shite lately, they've all been sloppy.

I don't think I've seen us put in a good solid team performance for a while. Only Dele has really stood out for me since Rose & Verts have been out.

Dier isn't a CB so we really shouldn't judge him when he's playing there clearly out of position
When he plays in front of Toby n Verts he's outstanding

Dele looking frustrated and giving away stupid fouls and starting to showboat!

Poch needs to get a grip!

Is it that long ago when we absolutely stuffed Watford on their own shitheap??

Seems it!

Soldado may not have been an 'effective' signing, but by no means should he be on a "worst signing" list.

Right attitude, always gave 110%. Just unfortunate to have joined us at a pretty rocky time.

Felt really sorry for Bobby and thought Poch called it wrong when he dropped him after scoring a cracker against Everton
Can't have done anything for his confidence!

I'm prepared to let Poch off this one (not sure what was he smoking?) but he's not the first Spurs manager to make a poor signing, assuming it was his shout. As for giving Sissoko another season, I think not and get shot asap, we can do loads better, especially for £30m.

But did we really shell out £30 mill for him?

Isn't the fee made up of add ons etc?

I still say give him until next January
If he hasn't improved by then get rid

Dier isn't a CB so we really shouldn't judge him when he's playing there clearly out of position
When he plays in front of Toby n Verts he's outstanding

Dele looking frustrated and giving away stupid fouls and starting to showboat!

Poch needs to get a grip!

Is it that long ago when we absolutely stuffed Watford on their own shitheap??

Seems it!

He isn't but he was. I wouldn't judge him so harshly if it wasn't that he seems to have forgotten completely how to be a CB after only one season of not being one, if you catch my drift.

Felt really sorry for Bobby and thought Poch called it wrong when he dropped him after scoring a cracker against Everton
Can't have done anything for his confidence!

Definitely. Even though he missed some apparently easy chances in his time, he still looked more like scoring than his replacement. Goes to show, perhaps missing chances isn't as bad as never finding them in the first place?

OK mouse mouse Unlike you I don't see it as a popularity contest. I'm here to say it as I see it, not to make friends. But, since you've brought it up, when I just looked, you'd made 2137 posts and have a +rep of 4167. I've made 2313 posts and have a +rep of 4048. your only just as ahead boy. That must be so embarrassing for you. On here to make friends and be popular, but not much more popular than the very unpopular John Thomas John Thomas

No of disagrees? Can't see yours, your profiles set to private? Why is that?

I don't want make this a pissing contest, you're doing that all by yourself.

Dont act like a whiney old bell-end and people will respect your opinion.... its pretty simple.

Sell him to China asap for as much as possible.

That's a knee jerk reaction and you shd be asking yourself why we bought him in the first place.

Poch must have seen something

He hasn't had a pre season with Poch coming after the Euros so let's judge by next Xmas

He isn't but he was. I wouldn't judge him so harshly if it wasn't that he seems to have forgotten completely how to be a CB after only one season of not being one, if you catch my drift.

Definitely. Even though he missed some apparently easy chances in his time, he still looked more like scoring than his replacement. Goes to show, perhaps missing chances isn't as bad as never finding them in the first place?

And his attitude was always spot on!

You didn't answer the question, you avoided it with a bullshit answer.

Firstly, you don't know anything about what Pochettino wants. Not a thing. No, don't even argue it, you know fuck all. You have absolutely no clue as to who may have been the manager's first choice, second choice, last choice. Not a sausage. All you have is a few mumblings in press conferences to string together in to a vague guess as to what you think he wants. But it's not even remotely reliable.

Secondly, it's not even possible for Levy to back the first choice targets all the time. The agents of players even admit that they don't even sit down with certain team's chairmen if they know the player wants to join a particular team. The media isn't reliable - they want to sell papers, not tell the truth, so the Mane stuff was all bollocks. Regardless, Liverpool and Chelsea have higher wage structures, and can afford to blow £150k a week on a whim because they're not financing a £600m+ stadium.

Now, by this point you're thinking "Levy is a skinflint" "Just pay the wages Levy" blah blah blah.

If that were true, just imagine how much we'd be paying someone like Sissoko if we went on the assumption that:

a) He was Poch's first choice; and
b) We negotiated contracts like Chelsea/Liverpool

...and then, if we were paying Sissoko/Another that much, we'd have a chain reaction where our first 11 want to be paid that much, so an extra £40k a week becomes an extra £400k a week, and then we're penalised by FFP.

Now I'm sure you're itching to avoid this answer, and dying to say "you avoided an easy question", so here we go:

I don't care if Sissoko was a first choice. It's inconsequential. Messi could have been his first choice, but it means fuck all if the player isn't going to join. What if Zaha is Poch's first choice for the summer? People are already pissing their knickers at that.

You either back the manager, or you interfere. You either say that "Levy doesn't spend money" or you say that "Levy chooses to sign £30m players that the manager didn't want".

Can't have it both ways, fella.
Pretty damn obvious that Sissoko wasn't first choice, we bid 25m for Wilfired Zaha before turning to him

No of disagrees? Can't see yours, your profiles set to private? Why is that?

I don't want make this a pissing contest, you're doing that all by yourself.

Dont act like a whiney old bell-end and people will respect your opinion.... its pretty simple.
But you brought it up mouse. You said my opinions were unpopular. I'm just pointing out we both have differing opinions. I respect yours. You dont respect mine. But at the end of the day our opinions are both as popular as each others, albeit with different members of the forum.

And his attitude was always spot on!

Still is. Would have every right to be salty about us, but still shows his support and speaks well of us.

Pretty damn obvious that Sissoko wasn't first choice, we bid 25m for Wilfired Zaha before turning to him

I think that's logical, but still conjecture. Surely if Sissoko was 2nd choice to Zaha, we'd have bid £30m for him too?

Back
Top Bottom