Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier has only been playing at European club level with us, since just turning 20.
About 11 games
Dele 20 a handful of starts
Winks 21 cameo before this a few starts season
Nkoudo 6 with Marseille just 22
Sissoko the same with Newcastle before us.
Wanyama a handful f CL games before moving south.
Kane not sure but last 2 seasons about 11.
Davies a few games for Swansea before us. 23
Our most experienced players at European club level are Lloris, alderwiereld Vertonghen Eriksen. And son.
Not even Rose has as much experienceas Dele and Walker beats Dele by a couple of games
accept what you are saying but.... Internationals all of em.
No excuses - we were below par , struggle to get going. Home game win, may turn things around for us.

I felt ref was poor.
Where were all the ball boys/ people? Was this a ploy on thier part to slow the game down?

You're a joke. "Leave me alone"? You fucking weirdo. You're the most destructive cunt on here, and the most miserable.

"Spurs fan in peace here - I just wanted to chat about Woolwich". You treat opposition fans better than you do ours. That, I can't forgive.
Isn't it time again you asked Case to delete you account for the 100th time only to come back few days later having realised this forum is all you've got in your sad miserable drunken existence? The very definition of a joke. Having a go at Spurs fans after a loss - well done. You belong on Arse fan TV. Tragic indeed

I had really hoped for a positive reaction after the defeat at Liverpool. But no, again we turn up for an away game and don't perform.

I try not to be negative but poch showed he is taking this competition seriously with the team selection, they took to the pitch and nothing, no energy, no desire, no fight , nothing except for slow ponderous play, the ball going sideways more than forward. Dier was awful at the back, walker looked back to his 2013 form, Wanyama was non existent. As for sisokko I forgot he was even on the pitch! 30 million on a player that can't even compete against a mid table Belgium side because the poor little lamb is playing on the left. Sisokko needs to grow a pair of bollocks, get stuck in and actually start earning his stupid amount of money. He contributed fuck all tonight, players have off games and I would rather a player at least tries to do things, rather than just let the game pass them by......He is a senior international player and needs to step up and actually show what he can do. Sorry I am furious with his performances so far, he is taking the piss on every front.

Positives , well if this team decides to actually turn up next Thursday and compete and play to their ability then we can still go through. Harry Winks performed tonight, he outshone our so called senior players by a country mile, was positive and the only midfielder that actually looked to pass forward rather than sideways.

We miss Rose, Jan and Lamela, the sooner they are back the better but their injuries have only highlighted the quality we lack in depth. Like others have written, Wimmer should be slotted alongside Toby with either Wanyama or Dier for the cdm role.

Isn't it time again you asked Case to delete you account for the 100th time only to come back few days later having realised this forum is all you've got in your sad miserable drunken existence? The very definition of a joke. Having a go at Spurs fans after a loss - well done. You belong on Arse fan TV. Tragic indeed

There's nothing you can say to me - you are literally the most despised poster on here. Arse fan tv? That's a laugh Arc, given your pukey interaction on their forums, you're probably best mates with half of them.

Take your Man U, City, Woolwich, Real Madrid fixations, and just fuck off. I can't believe you criticised me of having a go at Spurs fans - you! You spend your life doing just that. You are beyond a joke on here. Spurs fan? You're having a laugh. You're a 10 club man. You have no aim - you're in love with yourself.

In the last couple of weeks, we've gone from being hard to beat to being hard to watch.

So disappointed tonight. Give it 24 hours and I'll be back to thinking positive. At least we're only one nil down at half time. Could've been worse.

By saying 'European club level' are you saying that Gent are better than Chelsea? Yours is a brave post, but you're missing the point imo.
No, I am not saying Gent are better than Chelsea but playing in Europe is much different than playing in your own league.

We didn't lose against Chelsea in 11/12' and finished 2 places above them and they won the CL that year.
We didn't play well.
We also didn't start with our most experienced players. Vertonghen son Eriksen.
Just pointing out how players like Kane, dele. Davies, Dier, are young, not that experienced and still learning...and to an extent Rose and Walker our most experienced players at the club are relatively green in Europe.
All have only just become regulars for England (daVies ex) and Dier, Kane and Dele have had meteoric rises

Last edited:
No, I am not saying Gent are better than Chelsea but playing in Europe is much different than playing in your own league.

Why? A short hop over to Belgium to play a bunch of second raters' 2nd team. Why is that so hard? I went there last summer, I didn't crash, I didn't hit anyone. I even worked out their chip machines on my own.

Doesn't feel like home. White Hart lane is the home and away from there we have been terrible
3 games. I don't think it was terrible, just errors and missed chances. Not up to par.
We better get used to it as we will not have a place that feels like home next season. If we are going to have pessimism for homes games at Wembley we will be fucked next year.
Yet everyone was crying out for it over Milton Keynes.
Anywhere we play is not going to be home.
Even in 18/19 it's not going to feel like home as white hart lane won't exist.

It is the loss to Liverpool and that we really are not a particularly good side in terms of being equpped for away games that contributed to this loss. Pace and good passers are key in that regard.

Bizarre thing in a team game how one 2 nil drubbing (because that is what it was) can knock a team off course so much but it happens.

I sense the issue is expectation but honestly if you just look at players and their pay and forget they are human then you jump to daft conclusions, hence we can win the Europa. Sure we can but we won't. Not treachery but how I see our weaknesses.

Lets hope we turn it round soon. Remember if Trump can be president of the USA then beating Fulham and this lot in the return should be doable.

The thing to do on Sunday is to start with Janssen and Kane. Lets go for it big style.

I had a small wager but very tasty acca. Every other team won convincingly, but our "strong side" played like dribbling diarrhea once again

Having endured one of the worst performances I've seen for some time I had to have another couple of pints to quell my frustration. Hasn't really worked as I still didn't recognise the team I saw earlier - hopefully just a blip ?! I can't remember a EL game when we actually played up to our normal PL standards. I know that the EL is another chance to get into the CL but I am concerned about what this competition is doing to out League form - going to Wembley next week but questioning our priorities.

I do have one ongoing accumulator which, if it comes through, will net me back £130 thus more or less wiping out my loss tonight.

All I need is for:

Juventus beat Palermo
Man City beat Huddersfield
Celtic beat Motherwell
Chelsea beat Wolves
PSV beat NEC
Sevilla beat Eibar
Barcelona beat Leganes
PSG beat Toulouse

:llorishuh::pochshock:

Back
Top Bottom