Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soooo happy we've put out a strong team. I'd love to win the Europa and put a '4' in our European trophy count column, right next to the Gooners pathetic '1'.

He's had some positive games for Spurs, but I can't get over how bad he is technically. He looks so uncomfortable with ball at his feet, unless he is running straight ahead.
It's hard to judge, he has played some very nice quick one touch around the box, involved in a goal or two by it as well. But yeah, he does look wooden, awkward but he does still come away with the ball a lot of the time, mowing the oppo down, rather than delicately dribbling past them. My gut tells me that he is working off a Poch playbook in his head, it's as though he has Poch's voice in is head as he's trying to think what the boss wants him to do. Nothing looks instinctive. But I like his pace, and he's massive, strong fella elbows and arms knocking into painful areas, I would hate to defend against him when he is in his stride.

Glad we have a strong team but not surprised as we have three cup games in a row. The team selection when we are in the next round will be interesting but i really hope that Poch continues to take these cup comps seriously.

It's hard to judge, he has played some very nice quick one touch around the box, involved in a goal or two by it as well. But yeah, he does look wooden, awkward but he does still come away with the ball a lot of the time, mowing the oppo down, rather than delicately dribbling past them. My gut tells me that he is working off a Poch playbook in his head, it's as though he has Poch's voice in is head as he's trying to think what the boss wants him to do. Nothing looks instinctive. But I like his pace, and he's massive, strong fella elbows and arms knocking into painful areas, I would hate to defend against him when he is in his stride.
"Wooden" is exactly the word to describe him. Which is a surprise after his euro 2016 showing.
But he is a monster of a man, & very quick.

C4zS7-CWIAADww5.jpg

I've just had a rush of blood and chucked the remainder of my months wages on a win tonight. (Circa £400)

I'm a stupid idiot.

Won't be watching out of sheer fear.

I think I may have developed a gambling issue...

Gent is a great place. I've been in that bar, spent a few days just over a year ago before Xmas. Great Xmas markets too. Complete coincidence Gent were playing Zenit (I think) in the CL while I was over there.

Great place to walk and cycle around, the whole place is like one big open air museum. Gutted i couldnt get a ticket, it's only an hour's drive from Calais.

Back
Top Bottom