Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way Man U are selling us a player is if it's in a deal for one of ours.
Or unless we are sneaky.....
B4DLLuSCUAE4i6N

I am interested to see what will happen to Bentaleb, Njie and Fazio.
Njie 8 starts in 13 apps, 3 goals one assist.
Bentaleb. Nominated for rookie of the year Bundesliga 17 starts in 19 4 goals, 4 assists. They love him. He loves it.
Fazio, doing well by all accounts, loves it there. 11 clean sheets in 24 games best in league.

How much are we getting for these 3.
At least £30m.
I'd say we will have about £60m to spend and will net spend the same as this season. Unless we sell Vorm, Wimmer etc.
Bentaleb is gone. 16mil.

I am interested to see what will happen to Bentaleb, Njie and Fazio.
Njie 8 starts in 13 apps, 3 goals one assist.
Bentaleb. Nominated for rookie of the year Bundesliga 17 starts in 19 4 goals, 4 assists. They love him. He loves it.
Fazio, doing well by all accounts, loves it there. 11 clean sheets in 24 games best in league.

How much are we getting for these 3.
At least £30m.
I'd say we will have about £60m to spend and will net spend the same as this season. Unless we sell Vorm, Wimmer etc.
I S CO
S
C
O

Make it happen, Levy! It would be like VdV, only Isco can actually defend and play for a full 90 minutes.

Really think we need a summer overhaul with the current squad we have to really push on. Poch has something great now with this 3 at the back formation so i really think he should stick with it, just like Chelski are doing, and start working on the squad based on that formation. Our squad this season is good but some players are clearly not suited to our style of play.

Players who should be sold.

Ben Davies = Just not suited to the wing back formation sadly. A good premier league left back but just not for us

Moussa Sissoko
= i think he's a decent player that gets unfairly criticised but he just does not suit our style of play.

Erik Lamela = Again a good player but i really think he can be upgraded for a player that is more creative and more of a direct dribbler type (similar to Mane). Lets also not forget that before this 'injury' Lamela was actually playing poorly for a while.

Vincent Janssen = Not the type of striker we need. Does not offer the necessary qualities needed to be a dependable understudy for Kane.

Those 4 i would definitely shift. Of course there are other players in danger of being sold (notably Wimmer and Son) who Poch might be willing to let go but i would stick with them as they are good squad players who offer something.
If we work on shifting the first 4 and actually get a quality:
1) Attacking midfielder that can actually run with the ball and create.

2) Forward that has the qualities needed to back up/rotate/partner Kane

3) left back/wing back that can cover Rose

A lot to fight for this season so all is not lost but even if we achieve our goals of getting into the CL again we need to be cut throat this summer. No more last minute panic buys.

Really think we need a summer overhaul with the current squad we have to really push on. Poch has something great now with this 3 at the back formation so i really think he should stick with it, just like Chelski are doing, and start working on the squad based on that formation. Our squad this season is good but some players are clearly not suited to our style of play.

Ben Davies = Just not suited to the wing back formation sadly. A good premier league left back but just not for us

Moussa Sissoko
= i think he's a decent player that gets unfairly criticised but he just does not suit our style of play.

Erik Lamela = Again a good player but i really think he can be upgraded for a player that is more creative and more of a direct dribbler type (similar to Mane). Lets also not forget that before this 'injury' Lamela was actually playing poorly for a while.

Vincent Janssen = Not the type of striker we need. Does not offer the necessary qualities needed to be a dependable understudy for Kane.

Those 4 i would definitely shift. Of course there are other players in danger of being sold (notably Wimmer and Son) who Poch might be willing to let go but i would stick with them as they are good squad players who offer something.

A lot to fight for this season so all is not lost but even if we achieve our goals of getting into the CL again we need to be cut throat this summer. No more last minute panic buys.
Attacking Midfielder-Insigne (Napoli)

Forward (Back Up to Kane) - Belotti (Torino)

Left Back/Wing Back - Halstenberg (Leipzig) / Sinkgraven (Ajax)

With the exception of Insigne all will be available at a good price as they fit the team perfectly.

3 months for the players to make their mark. Especially Lamela. What we need is more midfielders that when they get into the final third look to score rather than pass the responsibility to a team mate. So often the ball is passed square to someone who is NOT in a better position. That is why Son must stay. He might be selfish and miss opportunities but at least he tries to score and does score more than many other midfielders.

Attacking Midfielder-Insigne (Napoli)

Forward (Back Up to Kane) - Belotti (Torino)

Left Back/Wing Back - Halstenberg (Leipzig) / Sinkgraven (Ajax)

With the exception of Insigne all will be available at a good price as they fit the team perfectly.
Sinkgraven would be a great signing. Belotti will have a huge price tag though the same as Insigne.

Moussa Sissoko

Don't agree with Lamela. 6 starts in the PL and 3 in CL who was playing great then?
He rescued us at Everton and made 3 assists in those 9 starts.
We miss him.
We miss someone else out wide who can find a pass quickly, and chip in with a goal. Nkoudo, Sissoko Onomah ain't doing it.
Son, dele, Lamela all can.
Lamela is underrated.
5 goals and 9 assists in the PL last year and 6 goals in the EL

Moussa Sissoko

Agree with all of this except lamela.
Dont know what games some of you watch lamela is literally one our best players, for me hes more important to us than eriksen who turns up for about 30 % of games a season. Watch eriksens winner for against city last season we have no one else in the side who could of made tht goal other than lamela and the guy gives 100% every game really bugs me how underappreciated he is by some fans.

Don't agree with Lamela. 6 starts in the PL and 3 in CL who was playing great then?
He rescued us at Everton and made 3 assists in those 9 starts.
We miss him.
We miss someone else out wide who can find a pass quickly, and chip in with a goal. Nkoudo, Sissoko Onomah ain't doing it.
Son, dele, Lamela all can.
Lamela is underrated.

You have to understand that you've named three who "can't", who not only don't get given games, but Sissoko has had at least 2 assists so far, and I'm sure GNK has had at least one in the cup games.

If they were starting and playing regularly then you'd have a point, but they're not.

The thing we've missed this season is Dele's assists to Kane

Another world class striker to partner Kane up top is needed. He looks so isolated at times on his own up top.
We play a one-striker system. We need actual footballers around Harry, not rugby players like Sissoko. We should be looking at the likes of Insigne/Brandt/Isco next summer. Players that will offer something different and improve the 3 behind the striker.

I'd love to see Sissoko booted out the club and suspect that Wimmer and Lamela are leaving. I'd like to see us bring in Andre Gray and Harry Maguire. Both entering the last year of their contract, both known quantities

We play a one-striker system. We need actual footballers around Harry, not rugby players like Sissoko. We should be looking at the likes of Insigne/Brandt/Isco next summer. Players that will offer something different and improve the 3 behind the striker.

I'd love to see Sissoko booted out the club and suspect that Wimmer and Lamela are leaving. I'd like to see us bring in Andre Gray and Harry Maguire. Both entering the last year of their contract, both known quantities

Also wouldn't mind the other Gray (or even Mahrez) if Leicester went down. Andre looks a handful tho - didn't He have some discipline/attitude issues (could be getting mistaken)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom