Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't really say "i told you so". We played so badly that i don't think you can say we played a defensive or and offensive game.

Our back line was so out of balance and we got caught in possession so many times that it was difficult to get any sort or rhythm going be it possession based or counter attacking.

In other news the Guardian are quoting Mane's agent as saying he didnt choose the scousers over us because of money.

Okay m8. He went to a club that arent even in Europe let alone the CL and have finished below us 6 out of the last 7 seasons for the arts and culture.

Not so much I told you so, as I actually thought we could win this game without parking the bus.

I actually completely agree with your view on the game. My main gripe is we did not show much willingness to try something different when things were going completely wrong, Wanyama could not handle the high pressure and lost the ball more often than not, Winks may have been a good sub to make at half time. We cant play direct when our passing game is not working because we don't have the personnel and Poch does not seem to have the faith in Janssen just yet, however I do feel we need to mix up the playing out from the back with the odd aimed ball, doesn't have to be a hoof ball. Liverpool knew we were going short to the defenders every time and it played into their hands in my opinion.

Anyway hindsight is a wonderful thing, I expect we will come back strong. We are still a brilliant side, despite what Sky want everyone to believe. A couple bad results for anyone in the top 6 and you get the "they'll never win anything bla bla"

Not so much I told you so, as I actually thought we could win this game without parking the bus.

I actually completely agree with your view on the game. My main gripe is we did not show much willingness to try something different when things were going completely wrong, Wanyama could not handle the high pressure and lost the ball more often than not, Winks may have been a good sub to make at half time. We cant play direct when our passing game is not working because we don't have the personnel and Poch does not seem to have the faith in Janssen just yet, however I do feel we need to mix up the playing out from the back with the odd aimed ball, doesn't have to be a hoof ball. Liverpool knew we were going short to the defenders every time and it played into their hands in my opinion.
The pundits where slaughtering Guardiola for the same thing earlier in the season. I can understand the manager's reluctance though. A lofted ball is high risk in terms of losing possession and we've all seen it when a team continuously launch the ball from danger just to watch it drop straight back to the opposition and the pressure is back on again.

Normally ball retention in the middle is one of our strengths, i just think Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Eriksen..... they all just had a very bad day... Alli was non existent in possession. Saying that it is scary how easily we can be flustered by a team that is prepared to play us at our own game.

Anyway hindsight is a wonderful thing, I expect we will come back strong. We are still a brilliant side, despite what Sky want everyone to believe. A couple bad results for anyone in the top 6 and you get the "they'll never win anything bla bla"
Almost schizophrenic levels of hypocrisy. Apparently before the game we were the only real contenders for catching up with Chelsea despite there only being 4 points between 7th place and 2nd.

Last edited:
The pundits where slaughtering Guardiola for the same thing earlier in the season. I can understand the manager's reluctance though. A lofted ball is high risk in terms of losing possession and we've all seen it when a team continuously launch the ball from danger just to watch it drop straight back to the opposition and the pressure is back on again.

Normally ball retention in the middle is one of our strengths, i just think Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Eriksen..... they all just had a very bad day... Alli was non existent in possession. Saying that it is scary how easily we can be flustered by a team that is prepared to play us at our own game.

Almost schizophrenic levels of hypocrisy. Apparently before the game we were the only real contenders for catching up with Chelsea despite there only being 4 points between 7th place and 2nd.

I feel it's the sort of game where we would of really benefited from a deep lying ball player, a Carrick type of player who does not get flustered and can find a forward pass without needing too many touches. However we do not have a player like that so we can only work with what we do have and against most teams our midfield is more than good enough so there's no need to panic.

Yep, give a few weeks and they'll be lauding us again.

Back
Top Bottom