Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calling me a retard says more about you than it does about me. You're a young Asian boy who watches too much American television. That doesn't excuse Miles Cadwallader and the 63 year old child Bazali Bazali

1. I am not even Asian.
2. A guy who knows how to argue "decently" cant even argue shit without making fun of someone. Pathetic.
3. This kind of retards think they always know the best and they are always the victims when something goes wrong. Fking retarded. Just dont swear at ppl first if you dont get flamed back.
4. I thought you put me on the ignore list? Are you too retarded to remember what you wrote a few mins ago?
5. You wrote you are gonna support Woolwich now. Then fk off from this forum.

If we finish outside the top 4 then yes we will probably lose our best players. Yet when we do make the top 4 we are unable, or more accurately unwilling, to attract the best players. It's the price we pay for putting profit before success I'm afraid. ( gets ready for pompey, leeds, wimbledon comparisons)
You were the one clamouring for 30m Sissoko ffs.

You've moaned about us ''being left behind'' for years. And what have we done? Improved and improved.

You get proven wrong every year and yet you still say the same nonsense.

You're becoming a parody.

Happy Clappy brigade: "You can't win every game!"

Our away form 2016-17:
Played 17
Won 5
Drawn 7
Lost 5

Lost to Liverpool (League cup), Monaco, Chelsea, United and now Liverpool again.

1) That record isn't acceptable for a top 6 club, never mind a top 4 and especially not for a title challenger.

Chelsea: 14 away games, won 9
City: 20 away games, won 12
Woolwich: 18 away games, won 11
Liverpool: 17 away games, won 9
United: 17 away games, won 9

Please don't say "We can't win every game, you expect too much". I don't expect to win every game, but no one can say that our performance today and our away record this year is a positive.

2) A major worry is that our away form carries on into Wembley when we move there next season. We struggled in the Champions League there. The only thing propping our season up at the moment is our incredible home form - if we take away next season things could look pretty glum.

3) This causes us to be knocked out of many competitions, most notably Europe.

We got to Dortmund and lose 3-0 - knocked out of EL
We go to Fiorentina and lose 2-0 - knocked out of EL

We're not going to qualify from the CL, get far in the EL and it makes it very difficult for us to win an FA or League cup if you're only winning 1 third of your away games.

I don't expect us to win every away game, but our away form is a huge worry right now. It's regressed from last season. And before you cunt me off, saying I talk shit, before the game Poch said, “We are looking at that,” Pochettino said. “[We struggle at] top-six clubs because we have had some draws and some losses. It’s true that this is a good opportunity to change that stat.”

After the game Poch said that we will "Need to fight for top 6". Top 6. This speaks volumes and clearly shows he's worried about the top 4. Luckily many of our games left are home games.
This is such bias nonsense, and you know it, I'm not even going to bother picking it apart.

Why do you even support Spurs? Honestly. You wallow in days like this like a pig in shit mincing around telling anyone who'll listen your skewed hysteria.

You enjoy us losing because it gives you your time to shine and tell us all how shit Spurs are. Saying stuff like ''this isn't top 6 acceptable''. Well, we're 2nd. So sit the fuck down.

Last edited:
This such bias nonsense I'm not even going to bother picking it apart.

Why do you even support Spurs? Honestly. You wallow in days like this like a pig in shit mincing around telling anyone who'll listen your skewed hysteria.

You enjoy us losing because it gives you your time to shine and tell us all how shit Spurs are. Saying stuff like ''this isn't top 6 acceptable''. Well, we're 2nd. So sit the fuck down.

He doesn't

After the game Poch said that we will "Need to fight for top 6". Top 6. This speaks volumes and clearly shows he's worried about the top 4. Luckily many of our games left are home games.

When poch says stuff like that they all play deaf & dumb.
Sometimes you two play so stupid it is incredible how you figure out how to breathe in and out each day.

Do you know why he said that? Because there are 5 teams within 2 points of each other.

It's not a climb down in ambition, it's a pragmatic assessment of how many teams are so closely tied to one another.

I swear, you two were born to siblings.

well that cost me a bob or two and i had to sit surrounded by fucking scousers and we didn't muster anything like a performance. not going off the deep end as i've never been happier than i am now with the team but fuck me that was woeful last night. bloody ages til the next league game as well.

We are a very technically gifted side, one of the best in the league. Have you not seen us play this year and last? Do me a favour mate.
We were out fought, out muscled and out played today. They pressed us very well (just as we have done to other teams), they closed all our passing lanes. Many teams have tried to mix it with us and we have picked them apart and passed and played through their press. Today we were no where near. TODAY.

Call it for what it is, a shite performance. Please don't tell me to watch it again, I don't need to, I know what I saw, we were shit, they were very good.
There was very little technical quality on show from both sides. Nothing from us though, TODAY.
The ability to tackle or intercept passes at speed and accurately play a pass to a teammate to re-set an attack, I would say, was a demonstration of high technical skill. Liverpool did that to us time and again in the first half until they were 2 up and then they cut out the riskier moves and passes - because they didn't have to.
They didn't just press us well - they gave us no time on the ball at all and did the things that we couldn't do or match - pass accurately and quickly whilst moving at speed. We were out passed and out thought.
I'd say that was a demonstration of how they were technically better than us by a long way - and I have no idea why you can't see that.

well that cost me a bob or two and i had to sit surrounded by fucking scousers and we didn't muster anything like a performance. not going off the deep end as i've never been happier than i am now with the team but fuck me that was woeful last night. bloody ages til the next league game as well.

That's probably a good thing.. It gives us chance to get Rose and Vertonghen back.

Without them we have struggled..

Playing poor is all my fault. Since I posted on Lamela ' to pull his finger out' and got such vile replies , I decided to remove all my good omens at home and from the forum. Acting childish, I place Cat In The Hat as my avitar as a symbol of nonsence...as follows..

Happy Clappy brigade: "You can't win every game!"

Our away form 2016-17:
Played 17
Won 5
Drawn 7
Lost 5

Lost to Liverpool (League cup), Monaco, Chelsea, United and now Liverpool again.

1) That record isn't acceptable for a top 6 club, never mind a top 4 and especially not for a title challenger.

Chelsea: 14 away games, won 9
City: 20 away games, won 12
Woolwich: 18 away games, won 11
Liverpool: 17 away games, won 9
United: 17 away games, won 9

Please don't say "We can't win every game, you expect too much". I don't expect to win every game, but no one can say that our performance today and our away record this year is a positive.

2) A major worry is that our away form carries on into Wembley when we move there next season. We struggled in the Champions League there. The only thing propping our season up at the moment is our incredible home form - if we take away next season things could look pretty glum.

3) This causes us to be knocked out of many competitions, most notably Europe.

We got to Dortmund and lose 3-0 - knocked out of EL
We go to Fiorentina and lose 2-0 - knocked out of EL

We're not going to qualify from the CL, get far in the EL and it makes it very difficult for us to win an FA or League cup if you're only winning 1 third of your away games.

I don't expect us to win every away game, but our away form is a huge worry right now. It's regressed from last season. And before you cunt me off, saying I talk shit, before the game Poch said, “We are looking at that,” Pochettino said. “[We struggle at] top-six clubs because we have had some draws and some losses. It’s true that this is a good opportunity to change that stat.”

Toxic.

I know Poch can't openly criticise the players, but does he wear dark glasses in training, with the way we played in the champions League matches against similar press as Liverpool do he would have set the team up to help cover for Dier & davies playing in back 4
Poch must know the strengths and weaknesses of each player and should be working on their weaknesses as Indivisualy & as a team

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was basically saying that the players he put out and the instructions he gave were most likely designed to try to take the initiative. Problem is that we could also see the glaring problem we would have down the left hand side and the lack of physicality/defensive work rate of son and eriksen. So it looked to me like Liverpool stopped us even being able to launch meaningful attacks and resorted to playing it around in our own half under pressure.

It's all hindsight, but this isn't the first pressing team we've struggled against
It's the same team every week whether we sit back or go at teams tho. I thought we were reluctant to get at them and we only tried when it was 2-0.
As you say hindsight so who cares. We were not good

Our football principles worked well today.
I guess style is more important than 3pts. Shame.
Why are people constantly saying that we lost by playing our game?
Is that how we played against Chelsea?
Or Watford and Southampton away?
Is that how we played against WBA?
Or City at home?

Yesterday had nothing to do with playing attacking football and our principles.

It was a shit fest, and not the norm

Liverpool were far superior over the whole pitch . Out pressed us as always , gave us no time on the ball , moved forward quickly unlike us , passed far better , our central midfield out muscled . No cover for a poor Davis . We already played our get of jail free card at City. Tatically a complete mess , we were all over the pitch in a shambolic formation, which gave them huge areas open space . . It's like this every time we play them .
Having Son getting forward somewhat blunts Kane's contribution as he makes space and sits slightly deeper . More chances come to Son who is rather greedy and wasteful.
Second half the game was over . , Powder puff subs , no game changers at this level. They had to do nothing as we had no answers . This as last season was Achilles heel , squad is threadbare of quality to win a title . Our confusing transfer policy tried to amend these issues but really was a failure besides the Kenyan.
As we were so poor it made this result easier to swallow. On a positive, we have moved on , a while back Ropey was the benchmark, top 4 lately , know a title push . This may always beyond us as no half measures , such as 1 striker for a whole season , or cheapish long term prospect Janssen who makes Soldado look a bargain. Or incredible and baffling purchase of Sissoko when creativity was needed .
Still its nice to dream and wear a deluded hat occasionally and we are second/third .

Back
Top Bottom