Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The argument about 'should we have scored 5' and does it constitute a bad performance if we didn't?
My take on it is that a few years back, this game would've had 0-0 written all over it, actually scrub that, this would've had 0-1 to 'Boro written all over it... we WON, no we didn't get what we 'deserved' in terms of goals, but imagine if we'd lost!
What we're getting, are WINS... what we deserved yesterday, was a win, therefore we got what we deserved.
We would've been extra fortunate to get the comfortable stroll that a 5-0 win would've brought, but at this stage, that just feels greedy.

I'm happy with a win... the performances have been there this season, just not every week...
After all, Leicester showed the world how to bore your way to the title, and I didn't see any of their fans complaining too much then...
at least we have the talent to impress occasionally... unlike The 'Fuxy Foxes' who are being shown for what they really are this season... no more than a lower-mid table club who got fucking lucky once, and will be even luckier to avoid the drop this!

The argument about 'should we have scored 5' and does it constitute a bad performance if we didn't?
My take on it is that a few years back, this game would've had 0-0 written all over it, actually scrub that, this would've had 0-1 to 'Boro written all over it... we WON, no we didn't get what we 'deserved' in terms of goals, but imagine if we'd lost!
What we're getting, are WINS... what we deserved yesterday, was a win, therefore we got what we deserved.
We would've been extra fortunate to get the comfortable stroll that a 5-0 win would've brought, but at this stage, that just feels greedy.

I'm happy with a win... the performances have been there this season, just not every week...
After all, Leicester showed the world how to bore your way to the title, and I didn't see any of their fans complaining too much then...
at least we have the talent to impress occasionally... unlike The 'Fuxy Foxes' who are being shown for what they really are this season... no more than a lower-mid table club who got fucking lucky once, and will be even luckier to avoid the drop this!

We are doing so with a lot of injuries as well...

Can't highlight enough how important Son has been to our season , how many points is that he has won for us now ? He has become one of our three genuine goal scoring threats with Kane and Alli. The guy is now undroppable in my view, always looks the most dangerous player on the pitch. To see some 'supporters' still not believing his worth cements my opinion that most people are fools.

Agree- without an in form Lamela available, Son is pretty much undroppable out left right now.
He's won a ton of points for us through pens and open play goals. His pen won today was fully deserved with a fantastic touch- had completely beat his man with it.

I did not see a lot of the game yesterday unfortunately but watched the extended highlights. I noticed that Dele had been listed out left with Son behind Kane in the middle. Can someone tell me if they both occupied those positions for the majority of the game? Just curious as to what Poch is thinking with his midfielders- I know he likes to have them switch positions throughout the game.

You're a stupid fucking cunt. Don't ever post here again or I'll stalk you for years, then on one random drunken evening, I will kidnap you, set your hair on fire, and super wedgie your knickers so far up your arsehole you will never stop bleeding.

Cunt

Some day someone is going to ring the police on you for threatening them, not even joking lol so OTT =P

Some day someone is going to ring the police on you for threatening them, not even joking lol so OTT =P

It's so OTT he's clearly not serious. Did the Krays ever 'wedgie' anyone to death? It's goat's thang, like it or loathe it, but there is no threat of real violence behind his ranting.

Another thing, Valdes did basically what Dembele did to Costa. So it's ok for Valdes to take a swing at Dele, then push him in the head and then Push is finger and hand into Deles face? I don't see the difference myself.
I never noticed it at the time
Why no retrospective action and a ban for violent conduct? He had 3 goes too. Did Clattenburg see it?

Another thing, Valdes did basically what Dembele did to Costa. So it's ok for Valdes to take a swing at Dele, then push him in the head and then Push is finger and hand into Deles face? I don't see the difference myself.
Why no retrospective action and a ban for violent conduct? He had 3 goes too. Did Clattenburg see it?

Because he's a Middlesbrough player, not a Spurs player.

Yea, should have been tossed with a straight red for that.
Should be at least banned a game or two retroactively.
Very strange that he was allowed to get away with it.

A lot of shirt pulling and holding at this corner...
2919.jpg

It's so OTT he's clearly not serious. Did the Krays ever 'wedgie' anyone to death? It's goat's thang, like it or loathe it, but there is no threat of real violence behind his ranting.
What do you think it was that made Frankie mad?

...well, that was how they got rid of Jack 'The Crack' McVitie, so, um.. know yer 'istory!

Death

On 29 October 1967, McVitie was invited to a party on Evering Road in Stoke Newington, London, with several of his underworld associates and their families. The Krays had secretly arrived at the party first and had spent an hour clearing away guests. Reggie Kray's initial plan to shoot McVitie upon entry failed. His gun jammed and, instead, he wedgied McVitie repeatedly in the arse crack as part of a brief but violent struggle. The twins quickly fled the scene and McVitie's body was deposited, his pants were removed from his arse, wrapped in an eiderdown and left outside St. Mary's Church, Rotherhithe by Tony and Chris Lambrianou, and Ronnie Bender, who were minor members of the Firm.[3][4]

When the Krays discovered the whereabouts of the corpse, they ordered his pants to be immediately removed, probably because of the close proximity of friend and associate Freddie Foreman who didn't like the smell of 'Y-fronts' between the arse cheeks.
The body was never recovered,[5] although in an interview in 2000 (which featured Reg Kray giving a frank account of the activity of the Firm 12 days before his death) Foreman admitted to wedgieing McVitie's pants up his arse, then throwing his lifeless wedgied body from a boat into the sea at Newhaven, Sussex. He was also reported to have been buried in a newly dug grave at Gravesend Cemetery in Kent.[6]

Interesting point of note... the house I was first brought up in was in Maury Road, on the corner of Evering Road. (where the Kray's Wedgied Jack the Hat)
It also means I was directly in the middle of - and on the cusp/crossroads of -boundaries between Highbury and White Hart Lane... I chose wisely!!

True story that.

Last edited:
Double standards by the FA. Valdez escapes ban as the incident was officiated by Clatternburg.
Yeah my arse.
Exactly the same as Dembele, if not worse, and the linesman and the ref were 'officiating' that,
Clatternburg never saw it, he missed it. Then went and talked to them, exactly what happened at Chelsea.

Double standards by the FA. Valdez escapes ban as the incident was officiated by Clatternburg.
Yeah my arse.
Exactly the same as Dembele, if not worse, and the linesman and the ref were 'officiating' that,
Clatternburg never saw it, he missed it. Then went and talked to them, exactly what happened at Chelsea.

It's media pressure. Nothing was made of Valdes actions, but Dembele went front page on every single paper and was discussed for weeks afterwards. Poch was asked about it in press conferences a thousand times.

It's media pressure. Nothing was made of Valdes actions, but Dembele went front page on every single paper and was discussed for weeks afterwards. Poch was asked about it in press conferences a thousand times.
I know but the inconsistency is baffling.
Just like going into the crowd, Conte does it nearly every time Chelsea score at Stamford bridge and doesn't get reprimanded and some players get booked whilst others don't.
If you ask me that finger of Valdes's was worse than Dembele. He had 3 goes at Dele. It was also worse than that tap in the stomach for Yacob.
If clatternburg saw it then he sh should have sent him off. He didn't, you can see he missed it.
Just becuase he talked to them after missing the incident but seeing the commotion excuses nothing.
Maybe last year he FA had an agenda, I don't know. It seems strange that one player would get 6 game bans and one nothing. Maybe Dele should have held his eye and made out he was hurt.
I don't think media pressure should matter. It's violent conduct, end off.

Just like going into the crowd, Conte does it nearly every time Chelsea score at Stamford bridge and doesn't get reprimanded and some players get booked whilst others don't.
If you ask me that finger of Valdes's was worse than Dembele. He had 3 goes at Dele. It was also worse than that tap in the stomach for Yacob.
If clatternburg saw it then he sh should have sent him off. He didn't, you can see he missed it.
Just becuase he talked to them after missing the incident but seeing the commotion excuses nothing.
Maybe last year he FA had an agenda, I don't know. It seems strange that one player would get 6 game bans and one nothing. Maybe Dele should have held his eye and made out he was hurt.

I completely agree-

Last season's 'Agenda' was governed by the 'Leicester Fairytale' Narrative... anything that helped them, counted.

This season, the 'narrative' is; "Chelsea won't let what happened last season happen this season... whatever it costs" ...and as such, the FA Agenda is pure pocket lining of the highest lowest order...

We won't see what happened last season happen again in our lifetimes.. simply 'cos the Chelsea/Man City's of this world won't allow it
...we had our chance last year... it's just a shame we had 'Mighty Leicester' in our way...

If you ask me that finger of Valdes's was worse than Dembele. He had 3 goes at Dele.
Maybe Dele should have held his eye and made out he was hurt.

He should have at least thrown him to the ground for having a go. Spurs players should absolutely fall over and fake injury or whatever the next few times until cards for such crap are given consistently. This is a clear failure of refereeing.

As for Dele, the next time he hits the ground after a soft challenge, let's not forget this kind of crap, and let's make sure we get behind him.

No good for us if Valdes gets banned but if he is suspended when Boro play one of our competitors it will help them. Have the FA definitely made a decision as sometimes it is a while before you hear about it?

Back
Top Bottom