Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i think the only was would be to not expect a team to play Saturday and then Tuesday, it is a hard one though as you want to see the squad players getting a game, but like others have said this needs to be in a team with at least 4 first team regulars, maybe if the winner of the FA cup got 400 million pounds we might see clubs taking it more seriously, as its sad to admit but t is all about the money now.

Wycombe fan here, in piece.
Read this thread last week and laughed at the few of you who were taking the piss out of Akinfenwa and saying Carter-Vickers would deal with him no worries.
Do you now want to retract your comments?
Akinfenwa bullied him, and didn't lose a header all afternoon. I thought Bayo would even give Alderweireld a game (who I think is the best CB in the league), but CCV....
He had a shocker against Akinfenwa, and luckily for him he had to go off injured.

The first teamers were the only ones who looked like they were carrying that ethos.

The second string looked defeated after 10 mins. That's not good.

We won despite how terrible those backup players were, not because of some positive qualities they carry.

To be fair the half time rollicking got them going, and they picked it up a lot, with more battle.

I dont put the win down to Dele and Dembele. Tactically we were fucked in the first half.
Had Janssen been on for some of those excellent crosses from Trippier we may have gone 2 or 3 up, and none of this would be being talked about.

Poch handicapped us in that sense. It wasnt just the talent of the first teamers, and lack of it in the fringe players, it was the fact that in the second half, we played with a striker and a creative midfielder, which we didnt have first half.

In the first half we had an AM and a winger up top, and no one in the box even though we played a wide attacking game. Made no sense.

Dier playing DM was atrocious. Not even a fringe player.

Read this thread last week and laughed at the few of you who were taking the piss out of Akinfenwa and saying Carter-Vickers would deal with him no worries.
Akinfenwa bullied him, and didn't lose a header all afternoon. I thought Bayo would even give Alderweireld a game (who I think is the best CB in the league), but CCV....
He had a shocker against Akinfenwa, and luckily for him he had to go off injured.

Its no surprise that a man weighing 4000kg managed to batter the fuck out of a teenager with no exerience.

I think the people that thought CCV would cope with fat boy, also thought that Wycombe were not an Ozzy Rules team

Ive seen Vertonghen do worse, several times.

So what? Whats your point? Academy kid made a mistake? How un heard of

Just making the point you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Akinfenwa was mocked on here, he proved you all wrong on Saturday.
And Aussie rules? Seems like you're one of the football fans who's stuck in their Premier League bubble.

Just making the point you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Akinfenwa was mocked on here, he proved you all wrong on Saturday.
And Aussie rules? Seems like you're one of the football fans who's stuck in their Premier League bubble.

Why?

Because we want the beautiful game played properly?

:pochrolleyes:

Akinfenwa was mocked on here, he proved you all wrong on Saturday.

How? Did he even have a shot?
What did he prove? That he´s strong?

Its a bubble where talented players are tackled by other talented players. I can half understand if it was a one off, against us, but your fans seem to be saying it happens week in week out down there.

4th Division midfielders who havent got the skill to tackle 4th division attackers fairly?
Enjoy your bubble mate, no need for the inferiority complex....I just happened to have family that lived in Wood Green. Luck of the draw I suppose.

Is this called dining out for those that did not get through?
Respect for Akinfenwa but he is eating too many pies!

Why?

Because we want the beautiful game played properly?

:pochrolleyes:

My point exactly about the Premier League bubble. We're a League Two side, football down there is a lot rougher and more physical.
I actually don't think we were particularly on Saturday, maybe the occasional bit but we were playing a side 3 leagues our superior.
I actually think when we had the ball we played some nice stuff. For example, rumour has it England international Eric Dier, is still chasing £800ish a week earner Myles Weston...

My point exactly about the Premier League bubble. We're a League Two side, football down there is a lot rougher and more physical.
I actually don't think we were particularly on Saturday, maybe the occasional bit but we were playing a side 3 leagues our superior.
I actually think when we had the ball we played some nice stuff. For example, rumour has it England international Eric Dier, is still chasing £800ish a week earner Myles Weston...

And next year Dier will still be playing for Spurs & England & your fella will be trying to get a game for the Dog & Duck. So?

Carter-Vickers didn't go off injured. That was Trippier after getting kneed in the ribs by one of your other rugby players. I don't blame you for giving it a go and playing on the edge, but at least own it. I was impressed by your side and can't understand how you're only 6th?

It was a great game and valuable experience for some of our younger players, especially Carter-Vickers who I agree had a lot of trouble dealing with the joke of forward you have. It was a laugh watching him try to chase our defenders though, fucking hell.

I'm going to leave this now, but it's a shame actually.
All the Tottenham fans I spoke to before and after the game on Saturday seemed knowledgeable and praised our brilliant performance. As have the majority of tweets etc I've seen.
Shame some on here are showing a severe lack of knowledge. Gloating about beating a League 2 team is very very questionable, and quite pathetic really.
We beat Stourbridge of the 7th tier in Round 3, and rather than shout about we'd got through, all I had was praise for their performance.
Good Luck in Round 5 and the title race, as a neutral Premier League fan, Spurs are the side I always want to win.

Back
Top Bottom