Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe, but like I said they have 3 games in 23 days in Feb
We have 6 in 22 days in the same month.
If we progress in both cup competitions we will be doing more of the same.
It's far from a certainty at the moment
Sure I get that, but that wasn't what I thought you were saying. I picked up on you talking about consistency, we have consistently finish above them.

So far we've beaten three teams who were on unbeaten runs this season. City (6), Chelsea (13) and WW (16). That's 35 games these teams managed to remain unbeaten between them - until they played Spurs. WW the best of the three by far.

City ended last season with 2 draws so arguably they were on an 8 game unbeaten run before they met us.

Last edited:
Lower league teams are always up for these. Plymouth recently held liverpool at anfield. Happens all the time in cups. Look at oxford and lincoln beating brighton and newcastle. We won. Move on but learn from it

Absolutely gutted.... And pissed. I told you we would score and Akinfenwa would dominate your second string cbs!

Well played today. I can't believe you're not higher in League 2 considering you were miles better than Gillingham and even Villa who were dispatched by our second string earlier this season.

Watched the game in Prague.. surrounded by goons! Celebrating everything Wycombe did... pathetic. Had the last laugh.. five of the cunts.. 3/4 pints left.. and they fucked off.

Pathetic bunch!

Loads of people putting "WW" in this thread, and every time I think "Walter White"
hank-shocked.gif

What a game today!
Akinfeywa is freakishly large and caused all sorts of problems for CCV and Wimmer, but, to be fair, I think he would have caused problems for anyone. Dier sure got skinned bad on the wing for that 3rd goal though.

I loved seeing Winks playing with the paint on his face, and loved it when he threw that guy over. He had a great passing game as well.

Thought Janssen looked great up top when he came on. I felt bad that he didn't get the start over GKN. Son was fine up top, but was excellent out left, where I think we can all agree he is best.

I though Onomah was not all that bad really. If anything he just looks a bit timid and could stand to play a bit more aggressive and physically. I agree he looks more like a future central midfielder though. He has a passing mentality about him.

Sissoko appeared to be somewhere in outer space most of the time. A loping lunar half-jog, lol. What a strange player. I know hes done some good things but he seems like such a space case most of the time.

Dele was the difference maker again. Dembele fought extremely hard for us when he came on. Great subs by Poch, too. Great game overall. Credit to Wycombe who played very well and looked like they belong at least one league higher.

Hard for me to feel okay with conceding three goals to a League 2 side. I get the impression that Wycombe are "good guys", but our second string should have been able to perform without bothering dembele and dele.

So you think Liverpool have been a better side than us in the past 6 years or so?
Occasionally have been, for the most part no. But that isn't the point. They are sill close rivals for the top four places. Only fan arrogance would assume they are incapable of finishing above us, especially with Klopp now there. .

Hard for me to feel okay with conceding three goals to a League 2 side. I get the impression that Wycombe are "good guys", but our second string should have been able to perform without bothering dembele and dele.
you clearly have no grasp or understanding of the impact cup games have on lower league opposition, the desire to prove themselves is a narcotic that inspires them to play beyond themselves - whilst playing players who are so confident of their ability that they can't conceive the prospect of their imminent death. A story as old as time.
Learn the game.

Back
Top Bottom