January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn't really fit what we normally look for. He's already 28, i know that' not old, but we usually go for young and unpolished.

From what i read, he's not a big fan of playing defense. I don't know if a winger like that will work in Poch's squad.
think of him has a Van Der Vaart possible kinda of signing. he doesn't rellies on pace, so age is almost a non factor

If we're actually looking for someone like Mané then surely we should take a look at Quincy Promes.
Age 25, in Russia?

Pass.

I think that an argument can be made that Janssen was the wrong signing because except for Kane, all our players who are being used as forwards are actually quick midfielders who shoot a lot (Son and Dele). Most of the striker targets we have been linked to in the past 2 years all fit that sort of profile too, as does Mane.

This is something many other clubs are also doing as well.

If so, signing a fast attacking midfielder who shoots a lot and has a frame big enough to fight with centrebacks is probably not a bad idea. I just don't think you're going to find that in a guy who is playing in Russia instead of a top league.

Pritchard hasn't done much for Norwich. You'd think he'd be bossing the Championship still.

2 goals and 6 assists in 969 minutes (10 games worth of playing time) is actually very good. Very harsh to say he's "not done much" imo.

Convert that over a season and he's got 6-8 goals and 18-24 assists. If he did that he'd be player of the year at his club.

Last edited:
Current view from the OS

image.php
Amazing stuff. Kind of reminds me of the spammers stadium with all that scaffolding. Well, at least ours will be removed at some point.

Amazing stuff. Kind of reminds me of the spammers stadium with all that scaffolding. Well, at least ours will be removed at some point.

Parting phrase from the accompanying music... "and your sky falls down around you"...

How apt! :dembelelol:

Age 25, in Russia?

Pass.

I think that an argument can be made that Janssen was the wrong signing because except for Kane, all our players who are being used as forwards are actually quick midfielders who shoot a lot (Son and Dele). Most of the striker targets we have been linked to in the past 2 years all fit that sort of profile too, as does Mane.

This is something many other clubs are also doing as well.

If so, signing a fast attacking midfielder who shoots a lot and has a frame big enough to fight with centrebacks is probably not a bad idea. I just don't think you're going to find that in a guy who is playing in Russia instead of a top league.

Have you ever seen him play? Willian was 24/25 and playing in Russia when Chelsea signed him.

Have you ever seen him play? Willian was 24/25 and playing in Russia when Chelsea signed him.
But he was known from his time in Ukraine, not Russia. And in particular, he was known from his performances in the Champion's League. Promes on the other hand, does not have a history of that. And there is no player I can recall who blew up in Russia, and then came here and was a great player.

...Is that a "no" then? :sandro:
Do I watch Russian football? No. I don't watch Turkish football either. You don't need to watch them to be able to judge that both Leagues are shit. Their showings in European competitions, and the careers of players coming from those leagues, is enough to show that.

2 goals and 6 assists in 969 minutes (10 games worth of playing time) is actually very good. Very harsh to say he's "not done much" imo.

Convert that over a season and he's got 6-8 goals and 18-24 assists. If he did that he'd be player of the year at his club.

I'd spoken to my Norwich supporting work colleague about him, was a while back and he hadn't done much or appeared. I had not bothered to check his progress since. As frankly not bothered about Norwich. Fair play to Pritchard if he's starting to show what a good player he is at that level again.

But he was known from his time in Ukraine, not Russia. And in particular, he was known from his performances in the Champion's League. Promes on the other hand, does not have a history of that. And there is no player I can recall who blew up in Russia, and then came here and was a great player.
Russian league is much better than ukraine league. Arshavin was pretty good for the scum for some time.

Back
Top Bottom