Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do none of our American friends follow this thread? If the roles were reversed I'd be on it like a panther. I'm genuinely puzzled. They don't want to know apparently. Weird.

I have a theory, but I don't want to get banned again.

Why do none of our American friends follow this thread? If the roles were reversed I'd be on it like a panther. I'm genuinely puzzled. They don't want to know apparently. Weird.

It's one of my favorite threads on here. Combines two of my favorite things, Spurs and historical photos.

I view.

But what exactly do we have to add on the subject?

I go on here frequently. Although I'll never know the history like you others it's good to learn what I can. I'm slowly getting some more in each time. Good looking out though, Joe!

pastor-jet.gif

Pat Jennings signs from Watford.

Jennings is essentially the reason I support Spurs, my father was a young goalkeeper and Jennings was the best goalkeeper in the world the time, he followed him and inadvertently fell in love with the club. Had four children but only the youngest (myself) caught the Tottenham Hotspur bug!

Story time over.

img265.jpg

WHL 1940 v Millwall. Hostilities brought the league programme proper to an early end.As with WW1 it was recognised that football played an important part in boosting morale. Fielding players was a problem and teams would take players from the opposition and even from the crowd to boost numbers.

img265.jpg

WHL 1940 v Millwall. Hostilities brought the league programme proper to an early end.As with WW1 it was recognised that football played an important part in boosting morale. Fielding players was a problem and teams would take players from the opposition and even from the crowd to boost numbers.
Whilst its not officially reconised, we did quite well during the WW2 league(think they were divided into north and south). Notice the bloke in uniform.Forces personnel used to get in for nothing,which (as you said) was part of the morale boost.This lasted into the 50s ,as my Dad reckoned he use to get into games free.Not just at Spurs either.

Back
Top Bottom