And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham confirmed this just after the Gent draw was made.

Because they weren't initially putting the upper tier on sale they couldn't offer the same seats from the UCL games.

Which makes perfect sense really - a lot of the UCL tickets were upper tier, it wouldn't be fair on those people to allow the lower & middle tier ticket holders (like myself) to keep their seats ahead of them.

I think they've done this as fair as possible - ST window, Bronze window, Lilywhite window, General Sale.

Thanks Flav Flav I can only speak for myself but for me the real essence of 1882 was the youth games. There was something very special about them and possibly is the reason I'm enjoying seeing the likes of Kane, Onomah, Winks, Carter-Vickers etc. braking in to the squad now more so than any other players before (rare as they were). Isn't it easier to go back to 1882's roots and focus on youth games only as stadium is empty etc.?

Cheers.

It's easier, but if you remember the last two of three games were attended by so few people that it seemed that interest in it died.

Games don’t need to be designated “1882” in order for a bunch of us to go to a youth game. Same goes for the Ladies’ team – if people want to go, then go! Last night was a good example, the QPR match – that could have been one which we all went down to en masse. Just use the forum to recruit. Start a thread, a few weeks in advance, see if there’s interest. If there is, great – get the lads on the pod to mention it to widen the call, I’m sure they will. And there you go, job done.

I think the whole “1882” ethos has kind of dated a little, what with the team doing so well recently and the new stadium coming along. The point of getting away from the negativity of league games and turning out to a youth cup game to “Sing for the Shirt” as opposed to being critical of the football or results, that’s a little less necessary right now. Especially as most 1st team games are selling out without issue. Couple that with the new stadium plans and the whole thing is rather “on hold”.

It's easier, but if you remember the last two of three games were attended by so few people that it seemed that interest in it died.
True but feel that they were also not "promoted" anywhere near as much as what went before. You lot put tremendous effort in the early days, it felt like an important & pssionate thing. There were blogs, those that attended shared thier stories and experiences, it caught the media's attention etc.
Obviously you will have a far better handle on interest than anyone what with clicks on here etc so not trying to teach to suck eggs. It just feels like there is a renewed connection with the whole fanbase and this team because of the youth braking through. With current interest with our academy at an all time high it feels like an opportunity lost not to focus efforts of 1882 on academy football.

EDIT:
I've just seen this posted in the FA Youth Cup game thread by WindyCOYS WindyCOYS surely this shows the interest and demand is there and what I like even more is the club really, really appreciate it too.

Last edited:
True but feel that they were also not "promoted" anywhere near as much as what went before. You lot put tremendous effort in the early days, it felt like an important & pssionate thing. There were blogs, those that attended shared thier stories and experiences, it caught the media's attention etc.
Obviously you will have a far better handle on interest than anyone what with clicks on here etc so not trying to teach to suck eggs. It just feels like there is a renewed connection with the whole fanbase and this team because of the youth braking through. With current interest with our academy at an all time high it feels like an opportunity lost not to focus efforts of 1882 on academy football.

EDIT:
I've just seen this posted in the FA Youth Cup game thread by WindyCOYS WindyCOYS surely this shows the interest and demand is there and what I like even more is the club really, really appreciate it too.

Windy thinks the 5th round against Norwich will be at WHL...

Date TBC, but we'll get on this - give it a good push and see what happens.

It's good to know all this though (what you posted above), it's difficult to know how things are seen from the inside out.

Windy thinks the 5th round against Norwich will be at WHL...

Date TBC, but we'll get on this - give it a good push and see what happens.

It's good to know all this though (what you posted above), it's difficult to know how things are seen from the inside out.
What would be great is to actually talk to McDermott, build a relationship with him. I'm sure there are games he would prefer no loud support at and others where he wants it. Also, for any fan of the club who wants to feel really, really close to it I can't recommend highly enough going to the training Centre to watch a game, it takes you to the heart of what a football club is.

Games don’t need to be designated “1882” in order for a bunch of us to go to a youth game. Same goes for the Ladies’ team – if people want to go, then go! Last night was a good example, the QPR match – that could have been one which we all went down to en masse. Just use the forum to recruit. Start a thread, a few weeks in advance, see if there’s interest. If there is, great – get the lads on the pod to mention it to widen the call, I’m sure they will. And there you go, job done.

I think that was the ultimate goal of 1882, that it would become self sufficient.

I think the whole “1882” ethos has kind of dated a little, what with the team doing so well recently and the new stadium coming along. The point of getting away from the negativity of league games and turning out to a youth cup game to “Sing for the Shirt” as opposed to being critical of the football or results, that’s a little less necessary right now. Especially as most 1st team games are selling out without issue. Couple that with the new stadium plans and the whole thing is rather “on hold”.

The one thing i would say about 1882, as a non member and someone who doesn't get to many games and so cant guarantee where i'll get to sit.

After a couple of insipid and uninspiring visits to the Lane, sat next to day trippers and people more interested in playing candy crush, i vowed never to go to a home game that wasn't 1882. It was the only way i could ensure the atmosphere and passion i craved.

I appreciate that people travel further than me and make more of a commitment, but it is always a risk when games go to general sale that you'll end up in a re-allocated block sat next to tourists or worse, large groups of away fans.

1882 was a guarantee that i would get what i wanted from my visit to the Lane regardless of the result or performance on the pitch.

Push the youth cup games, and lets sit together for all the home games in the europa league.
CL games at wembley were a shambles because of the football tourists.
"A singing section?" :dembelewtf:

Whole ground should be rocking every week.

Dreading the move to the new stadium at the moment, people actually looked at me funny for trying to get a bit of a sing song going at wembley. Definitely not Spurs, just there for the occasion.
Stay away from our football. Bastards. :dembelefingers:

Anyone tell me what is going on. I was under the impression that if you bought a package you were entitled to first refusal on same seat, if we advanced, and it applied to the EL. Is that wrong?
I have tried to buy a ticket since they went on sale, but can get no further than the interactive map, click on section nothing.
Probably a glitch which will sort itself out

Push the youth cup games, and lets sit together for all the home games in the europa league.
CL games at wembley were a shambles because of the football tourists.
"A singing section?" :dembelewtf:

Whole ground should be rocking every week.

Dreading the move to the new stadium at the moment, people actually looked at me funny for trying to get a bit of a sing song going at wembley. Definitely not Spurs, just there for the occasion.
Stay away from our football. Bastards. :dembelefingers:
130 upper was ok. Stood all games, sang continuously. Hopefully the same lot will buy same seats.
It's a must to get it right in the new gaff. To say singing is not enough because actually in he lower tiers of singing section Wembley there were mostly families and very little singing.
However, they can't say standing singing section and not suitable for children/ people who want to sit peacefully and watch game.
Then again there was a kid with his dad who stood on his chair where I was and was joining in.

Anyone tell me what is going on. I was under the impression that if you bought a package you were entitled to first refusal on same seat, if we advanced, and it applied to the EL. Is that wrong?
I have tried to buy a ticket since they went on sale, but can get no further than the interactive map, click on section nothing.
Probably a glitch which will sort itself out

That went out of the window as they are releasing the stadium in phases this time - due to lower demand in the Europa League. (E.g. no upper tier unless demand)

Honestly shouldn't be an issue to get a seat wherever you want it though.

In & out of the ticket site in under 5 minutes today
So seems that any glitches have been ironed out. Looking very much forward to an afternoon round Wembley & Spurs under the floodlights.

I like the fact the Club have said that anyone wishing to "help create an atmosphere" gets tickets in or around Blocks 132-135 at Wembley is tantremount to their acknowledging that 1882 exists... and that there ARE fans who wish to congregate in the same area and JUST SING THEIR NUTS OFF FOR 90 mins!

I assume/hope there will be a similar system put in place for The Lilywhite Wall of Noise (name TBC) at the new Ground.

That went out of the window as they are releasing the stadium in phases this time - due to lower demand in the Europa League. (E.g. no upper tier unless demand)

Honestly shouldn't be an issue to get a seat wherever you want it though.
No, there isn't. But I was sure something was mentioned about it on here, that you would be offered. Just wondered.

No, there isn't. But I was sure something was mentioned about it on here, that you would be offered. Just wondered.
Yep it was mentioned as a bonus for buying the Champions League multipacks. Not sure if it stipulated about Europa League though. Noone was thinking it would come to this!

Back
Top Bottom