Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In addition to the Best Posts in Thread... should there now be a Best Threads on Forum option?
As this I think, would be pretty much right at the top of the list...
...and with all the old photos of WHL and the surrounding areas, this (and next) season, it feels especially poignant!

Glory Glory Glorious Stuff!!

Just seen this old pic of Alfie Conn...
C1gwv40WIAAv2x1.jpg

...fuckin' hell... remind you of anyone??
tumblr_o79jor4zsq1sjhxcuo1_500.jpg

I realise I may have just tarnished this thread forever... will delete if need be!

Looks 1904 but isn't lol. This is the building as a health centre. Sorry to say the social club building must be gone. I'm confused.

Let's hope the club do a good job on this Museum in the new stadium. All this illustriuos history on our door step and so many unanswered questions.
I'm certainly going to sign up to one of the history walks that Julie Welch does occasionally from the Antwerp Arms. I fear that it might be a tad old for me, lots of themes flasks and sensible walking boots and kagool's but if you wanna hold my hand and look after me Joe, I'm up for it.

Yep, the bank,then the cockerel...Then a bookies.The Cockerel was also in the health centre building as well, before that it was the whitehall tavern.Was my football local for a while back in the early 90s.We have lost loads of pubs in N17
So the building work above the the bookies photo is comparatively new?

It hasn't been a boozer for years, early 00s ,i reckon?!
It weren't a bad pub in its dayIn its last incarnation,it had a cans only bar for match days at the back.Which isnt everyones cuppa, but you got served quick if all you wanted was a drink.
I used to cut through past the British Queen so I never really noticed it.

I used that as well.
Sad the way the old pubs have gone.Silly thing is we are going to need more after the new place is built.
It's bad enough getting a drink now,what its going to be like with 1000s more looking for a watering hole.
Yep, I drink round Liverpool St these days. Poor show from me I know.

That was an iconic post war Italian magazine. I cannot read all the caption below, but I didn't know that there has been an England vs Italy game played ad WHL (30.11.49)

What I manage to read is:

Ecco il campo inglese di Tottenham, capace di 70.000 spettatori, sul quale il 30 novembre la squadra nazionale italiana (... ...) con quella britannica. Questa è (... ... ... ...) partita giocata tra (formazioni?) inglesi prima del grande "match" internazionale (...)

--- Here's the English pitch of Tottenham, with a 70,000 spectators capacity, where on November 30th the Italian national team (...) vs the British one. This is (... ... ... ...) game played between English teams before the great international match (...) ---

Fucking hell. I knew he hands like shovels but they look like Kenny Everett comedy hands.
I have a cheesy photo of me and him holding out hands as in this pick. I wonder how many times he has been asked to do that, poor bastard. Still he didn't bat an eyelid and did it as if it was the first time ever asked.
I bet he is hung like a donkey.

Back
Top Bottom