January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Matias Matias - what's the Hampden with Gabigol at Inter? He not fitting in? Injured?

He's just a 20 yr old Brazilian kid who thinks football is all dribblings and joy, and found himself in the most tactically demanding league in the world.
He will get his shit together eventually, just needs some time to realize that football is a team sport.

He's just a 20 yr old Brazilian kid who thinks football is all dribblings and joy, and found himself in the most tactically demanding league in the world.
He will get his shit together eventually, just needs some time to realize that football is a team sport.
I've got time for your posts, Matias. I wouldn't mind a joyous dribbler in the naïve throes of youth at the Lane. Just for the sheer fuck of it.

Is he worth the £20M ish though? I don't watch Turkish football at all so have to rely on Youtube clips. He has some talent but doesn't look anything that special. I suppose he is only 20 so perhaps the belief is he can become really good?

Is he worth the £20M ish though? I don't watch Turkish football at all so have to rely on Youtube clips. He has some talent but doesn't look anything that special. I suppose he is only 20 so perhaps the belief is he can become really good?

Is that the price touted? I assumed it may be more the £15,000,000 mark which seems reasonable considering what we got N'Koudou for and Bruma's stock has always been higher than N'Koudous due to how highly rated he was as a teen.

I mentioned it before but Bruma could be our Mane signing. Quick, great dribbler, knows where the back of the net is.

Apparently Galatasaray want €20million for Bruma. Which is £20million now, I think. Thanks, Brexit!

Will be very surprised if we fork out that much for a player this month. January is always non-stop speculation and zero action. Would love to eat my words, though.

7 things that will definitely happen if Dele Alli really does move to Spain

Things like this aren't wrote about other clubs, the press is a joke, they should love a team playing pressing football using young English players, but at every chance they sell all our players.

Oh Dele is good, he must go, oh and Kane, and Rose & Lloris also Dier they must all leave. Don't forget Toby, Jan & Dembele. Also the manager must go because he's good.

Wtf is wrong with the British Media.

We ain't losing key players as long as Poch stays, that's the fundermental, as Eriksen said you want to play for him. If Poch goes then we are in trouble.

Isn't McGinn just the Scottish Diego "The Sock" ...or that other transfer rumour of a player who didn't even exist
(I wanna say Jimmy Dong, or King Kong... but can't quite remember!)

I think McGinn has become a running joke now... and I don't even know if he can run!

'Twas Jimmy Kong a made up defender , he was invented on Glory , glory forum to line up with Ledley ( king - kong )

Even made the press that we were after him .

Things like this aren't wrote about other clubs, the press is a joke, they should love a team playing pressing football using young English players, but at every chance they sell all our players.

Oh Dele is good, he must go, oh and Kane, and Rose & Lloris also Dier they must all leave. Don't forget Toby, Jan & Dembele. Also the manager must go because he's good.

The sports writers are largely Liverpool or Manchester United fans so you get that slant. They're more interested in big transfer fees than good football and all that matters is people click on the piece so they can sell advert revenue.

Richard Innes, what a awful piece that is. He should be ashamed of himself & quit .

Would you take Batshuayi?

I know there's no chance Chelsea would sell to us, but if he were to be made available, would you take him?

He's scored a few from open play, but his playing time has been even more limited than Janssen. His expected salary would also be over what our top earners are on already.

I still think CAM is the position we need to fill. We seem to be scoring quite freely at the moment.

Any takers on Depay?

I feel like with some managerial TLC he can rediscover his earlier form

For the right fee - I'd definitely consider it

Just wow!!

Holy fuck... does that mean he's off then?
Where do I get my Half-and-half Real/Barca top with DELE on the back of each half...? Wanna cover both bases, just in case!

Back
Top Bottom