Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea <removed>s

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, the television coverage in the States is much more favorable and fair to Spurs than in England, which can be described as a nightmare orgy of pundits dressing up like Pool and United and finger banging each other, with Chelsea, Woolwich and City invited to watch on and rub one out.

That being said, fuck them all, I love Spurs, what a result.
We still have our plethora of Scum, Pool, and Utd homers. Since most of the shows are pressed for time those three and Chelsea are the only teams that get mentioned (and whatever teams they are playing).

I've finally reached that age where my missus bought me Spurs pants and socks for Christmas and I've worn them during our subsequent three games. (Washed them in between, honest.) Looks like I'm going to have to keep this run up now... I feel like I am basically responsible for our current top run of form.

I managed about 5 mins of the match before I had to turn the volume off. Great shame as it deprived me of any crowd noise but the commentator and Alan bloody smith were ruining it. How the hell does smith, the man with the most boring voice in football keep getting a gig as a pundit?
Was it martyn Tyler as commentator? Couldn't wait to remind everyone about Chelsea superiority could he.
I'm like that with the darts on mute these days coz the spazzies in the crowd.
I wonder if that cheeky tout cunt got to the game? Hope not. Hope his tickets are sat in a pub ashtray. The only shame is that cunts like that are responsible for the state of the game. Sounded like the Lane was rocking tonight. Imagine if all the touts & stubhub twats had all tickets taken off them?
There were a few spivs selling by the elbow room not long before the game.

Some LOL quotes from the Chelsea forum. These before the game:

"Hopefully we get 3 offside goals and one shockingly soft penalty. I want to see their rage and tears after the game." How do your own tears taste, cunt?

"Just remember what happened when Everton tried to match up 3-4-3 against us. Or City. Or anyone. We've had them all on toast." How's that toast tasting cunt? Want some Wanyama on that to make it taste more bitter?

In the game:
"someone break Vertonghen's kneecap would be worth the red"
How you like them apples, cunt?

"i swear we have some inferiority complex with spurs. it seems like this is the case every game we go into vs them in the last couple seasons" I agree. It's because we are better than you and our players play for the shirt no matter what. Stupid cunt.

"Im close to done with this...biggest match of the season and we lay a massive f**king egg"
Ummmm, cunt.

"Why didn't Ali get a second yellow for going into the crowd after his 2nd?" Clutching at straws much? Fuck me, you're so shit you want the guy who scores two against you to get a sending off for celebrating too much when he fucks you up as it's the only way you can handle him when he is off the pitch. Funniest cunt comment today, well done. Cunt.

After the game:
All I can hear is weeping.
Alli didn't go into the crowd for his second goal though.hensubs jumped on him.

I've finally reached that age where my missus bought me Spurs pants and socks for Christmas and I've worn them during our subsequent three games. (Washed them in between, honest.) Looks like I'm going to have to keep this run up now... I feel like I am basically responsible for our current top run of form.
I'll have you know that it's my lucky shoes and the fact that I've been able to get to games lately, bringing all of my lucky happy charm with me.

:pochshock:

Oh come on. Eriksen has been superb for a good few weeks and is one of the key reasons why we're playing so well. You might just have to get used to the fact that he is a critical part of our team.

Oh, and Kane put in an immense effort tonight: he smashed their defence to pieces and made the space for Eriksen, Dele and the rest. It was almost like a perfect rugby forward's performance. He's class and happy to put in a dirty, hard working shift.
That's similar to what a guy on my train said. He said he was a battering ram.
All I saw was him falling over and giving the ball away. I will try and watch the game again.

We still have our plethora of Scum, Pool, and Utd homers. Since most of the shows are pressed for time those three and Chelsea are the only teams that get mentioned (and whatever teams they are playing).
True, and the most popular teams in the States are those teams, so it makes sense. Difference being that when Spurs do put up a result they praise them.

Last edited:
I also reached the age when the kids bought me spurs mugs on two consecutive chritmases, a cat bowl and collar for my birthday, not the fucking cats, and this year a pair of spurs jack the rippers.
But hey, they are contributing to the club.
Tottenhams Ty?

That's similar to what a guy on my train said. He said he was a battering ram.
All I saw was him falling over and giving the ball away. I will try and watch the game again.
It didn't look pretty but he was immense and his work rate for the team is unbelievable. Whilst he is wrestling with their heavies, in floats Dele for the goals. It's class. You should enjoy this team more. We've not had a side like this in my quite long lifetime.

large.gif

Well that was fucking fun, wasn't it?

Actually, I say 'fun' but I really mean dying in the corner out of fear of conceding a goal.

But we were fucking magnificent and now I can't express how awesome we were this evening. Wanyama a rock.

Rather puts the cat amongst the pigeons, doesn't it? Could see Chelsea fucking up more than just this match, and the race for the title tightening up rather a lot!

Same with the Woolwich bullshit they're a point behind us and Utd a further 3 back. Our goal difference is looking pretty healthy compared to those behind us as well.
I think the fact we haven't won the premiership means they handicap us.

It was such an amazing and well-played game. I love how in one scene Costa tried to rile Dier up, even smacking his face and flicking his ear. Dier merely smiled and shrugged. Utter class and the best thing is I can literally see the happiness from all of you guys on here. What a day!

Back
Top Bottom