Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea <removed>s

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he played 3-5-2 today as a test to see whether we can play it successfully.

I'd go with it again against Chelsea, with Vertonghen in for Wimmer and Walker in for Trippier. Maybe bring Dembele in for Son, but Son was impressive today. Dembele does add a different dimension the midfield and will occupy one of Alli or Matic.

We'll need to be at our best, and we're in for the right form for it. We owe them a fuck over, so let's be sure it's now.

He plays the 3-5-2 system when a team plays 2 strikers. He did the same thing last year, nothing new.

Chelsea don't play with 2 strikers, so he won't sacrifice the man in midfield for another defender.

We'll play 4-3-2-1, with Sissoko in midfield.

He plays the 3-5-2 system when a team plays 2 strikers. He did the same thing last year, nothing new.

Chelsea don't play with 2 strikers, so he won't sacrifice the man in midfield for another defender.

We'll play 4-3-2-1, with Sissoko in midfield.
Didn't we play 3 at the back against Chelsea at the Bridge just a few weeks ago?

In relation to the 'Chelsea <removed>s' chant. IMO it is analogous to 'whore'. Gigolo has fewer negative connotations that could be homophobia or something that goes back to ancient Rome where being passive during intercourse was considered inferior to being aggressive. It is relevant today if you consider what people mean when they talk about screwing someone compared to getting screwed.

I guess I am going way off topic but since someone brought up LGBT supporters groups, something confuses me. How do the 'Gay Gooners' and the Canal Street Blues reconcile waving a rainbow flag in the Emirates or the Ethihad. Considering LGBT rights in the UAE. I have no one to ask as I have a few gay friends but obviously no gooners. Any ideas?
LGBT rights in the United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia

I would think that they would argue that the fans came before the money and would be there after. As a Spurs fan do you think you'd change allegiance if the Qataris invested in the club?

In fairness to Man City they're considered one of the most integrated clubs. Which does seem a bit odd when you look at the backers. But I guess you could also ask how comes they have strong support for the woman's side of the game when the Gulf countries are not renowned for their treatment of women?

Your football team is like a family, you don't walk away from it even if you don't like the owners or sponsors, what your fans chant or say in your club's name. But then, equally, I guess everyone has a breaking point.

Actually on a complete tangent one of my watford pals was telling me about the Sensory Room at their ground, it's not a room where they were giving out slightly exotic massage, it's a room designed to help autistic kids to go to the football without feeling the fear of big crowds or loud noise (yes, I am aware there's a joke in there about them not being a problem at Watford!) I hope that we'll be doing something like that in our new thunderdome.

Back on subject, I think this is a real test of where we are at right now. Every team around us in really strong form and we need to keep pace, only City are showing signs of falling by the wayside and they have enough depth to rebound.

I am still not sure if this season is a top 6, top 4 or championship challenge for us. For me, the performance is as important as the outcome.

Last edited:
Win, lose or draw, these Chelsea games are almost as excruciating as the Woolwich games these days because I hate the pricks so much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom