U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. It took a while before I realised it was him when I was watching the game. He played well and created both goals.
He did. There was a second when i thought he was still on loan until I remembered we'd sold him to Bristol. What happened there I never knew he went to Fulham.
Had a few injuries during his loan spells didn't he?

Academy triumph in Germany 16 January 2017 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Academy triumph in Germany
Posted on 16 January 2017 - 13:00

Our academy side beat competition from a host of top German clubs including Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich to lift the Under-17 Jugend Eurocup in Gaildorf over the weekend.

The five-a-side competition represented a significantly new experience for the players, but we adapted brilliantly to win the group and eventually claim the silverware, with goals from Tashan Oakley-Boothe, Rodel Richards and Reo Griffiths giving us a 4-2 victory over Bayern Munich in Sunday’s final.

Coach Justin Cochrane led a 12-man squad for the competition with goalkeeper Jonathan De Bie, also part of the Under-18s side that won the IMG Cup in Florida just before Christmas, named as Goalkeeper of the Tournament.

John McDermott, our Head of Player Development, was thrilled with the efforts of the players.

“It was a very different format for us but it’s one that really exposes people one-v-one so to go into something new, play against the top German sides and come out with the credit that we have done, we’ve got to take a lot of positives from it,” he beamed.

“This trip came from a recommendation a couple of years ago from Paul McGuiness when he was at Manchester United - he said United’s boys had been going to Germany in January because all the Bundesliga teams played five-a-side competitions and he thought it was an outstanding experience for his young players.

“We got invited to this year’s tournament with all the top names and I can understand Paul’s recommendation - I thought it was a wonderful experience. We went with the boys not having played in one of these tournaments before whereas obviously the German teams will have played on a regular basis. Justin Cochrane tried to do a little bit of homework on it but we still went into it quite naïve, so I’m delighted at how the boys adapted and did so well...

I watched the England u-16's (I believe that was the anyway. The Sessegnon twins, Oakley-Boothe, Kirby, Skipp, Eyoma were playing) about 6 months ago and there was an unbelievably gifted attacking midfielder with an Italian name playing for England? Anyone knowleadgable know who I'm refering to? I can't remember his name..... I think he played for Brentford weirdly enough but I'm not sure.

I watched the England u-16's (I believe that was the anyway. The Sessegnon twins, Oakley-Boothe, Kirby, Skipp, Eyoma were playing) about 6 months ago and there was an unbelievably gifted attacking midfielder with an Italian name playing for England? Anyone knowleadgable know who I'm refering to? I can't remember his name..... I think he played for Brentford weirdly enough but I'm not sure.

Carlo Poveda?

He was part of La Masia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom