Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The single biggest issue so far this season is that we are not really creating enough chances to even give ourselves a chance.

A real strange season for us so far but I still hold the belief that once we get a few of our main players playing better we will be alright.

But no doubt we look a bit limp at present and the injuries are hurting us as is the very real failure to buy that 3rd striker in the summer with searing pace, just to stretch teams.
We need better creative midfielders who can pass first time and go past players with a turn or touch (think hazard, de bruyne and sanchez or mahrez at leicester). We have slower mids who can put good balls in but they wont beat a couple of players very often

So Wembley was to blame 'cos 85,000 fans were TOO many and our players felt the pressure...
Tonight there are half a dozen in the ground...
Who's to blame now?

Were the 5 Monaco ULTRAS really too much for us tonight?

What was the point of Lloris' match winning performance....? it got us NOWHERE!

FUCKING BOLLOCKS SPURS.
FUCK OFF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...
don't bother qualifying if you're not gonna take it fucking seriously.

Fuck it.

It's a pitch conspiracy ......

The frustration for me - is that we have spent the last 2 seasons playing as a cohesive unit, with players able to drop out or come in and fit into the team plan and workrate ethic.
Tonights game highlights the major departure from that model, in that the tactical restructure of the defence has crippled the whole set up - that coupled with the horrible downturn in players form, has left us looking at a team that barely resembles anything we have seen since Pochettino took over.

He hasn't suddenly become a bad manager, but what the hell is going wrong with the form of the players?

The whole squad looks tired and listless.

Sad night to be a Spurs supporter, witnessing a team that have been such a source of pride, playing like a pale imitation of the side that gave us so much hope for the future.

Thoroughly and utterly disgusted with this CL campaign. Both the players and Poch need to take a long hard look at how they've approached this. It makes a complete mockery of all the effort last season (albeit that perhaps the way we dropped off after the Chelsea game gave an indication of the character of the squad).

thank you the DANE.

look I know it's clear I don't rate Janssen but what is Poch thinking when he puts him on and plays 2 up top? We couldn't get the ball in the box the whole game and Poch somehow thinks putting 2 up top will help anything? I don't get the logic at all.

Would have been nice to see Nikodu come on tbh

Have to take your chances. The story of our season so far. Let's be honest, we just don't have many good finishers. Now the chances are not being created as much the goals are drying up. Quite frankly we have been shit and deserve to be out of the CL.

Wanyama is an A+.
Jury is out on N'Koudou. Jury also out on Janssen, but hope is starting to fade.
Sissoko ... let's just sell and never speak of him again.
Yeah, I'll give you Wanyama he's been a good signing but we haven't added any real quality, we haven't improved our squad. We've chosen to spend 40m on two unproven players in Sissoko and N'koudou when we could've put that money towards players like Mane. It's absolutely crazy what happened this summer

It was a poor performance and we were beaten by a better side on the night

So fucking what

It happens now get over it and stop melting

You know who you are

Tossers

It was hardly the toughest group either...
I can't see either Monaco or Leverkusen winning it!

Be interesting to see just how many LOYAL SPURS FANS turn up on Dec. 7th

...I suspect we'll struggle to hit 30,000!

Well that was garbage. All over the place at the back, more poor finishing, son and alli were bullied out of it in the first half, dembele off the pace.

We don't finish our chances but equally we don't create enough either, we were found out in the champs league.

Poch has to find the answers

We have had a bad campaign and a bad night but fuck All these moaners Pochettino has earned the right to make mistakes. He has created some of my favourite recent Spurs memories. He will learn from this.

Utterly embarrassing. Not one player played well. They all should come out and apologise.

Pochettino being first for the selection. The only player who's worthy of a pat on is Lloris.

I think I'd rather go out of all Europe than have Thursday nights. Make a good crack at the league.

Back
Top Bottom