Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the exception of last season, every team has a sticky spell at some point during a season whether it be a slow start,slump at Xmas or run out of steam at the end:pochrolleyes: ours appears to be at the start! Hopefully, as long as we don't lose to much ground and are still in the mix by the time we find our feet we should hold our own? Other teams will struggle at some point, can't be another flukey season like Leicester :dembelewtf:

Too many 7/10 players in our team and when we don't click. That's all we have. 7/10 players. We don't have that game changing star.
I know a lot are against it. But that's why I wanted us to splash out on that 1 big game changing player with that x-factor.
Especially whilst we could offer CL football & were happy to spend 30m on sissoko.

Someone on twitter is actually blaming Lamela for not winning today and then brought up how it was Lamela's fault we didn't win the league last season.

tumblr_n9suixnnLU1sh74dio1_400.gif
To be fair, he did shit all today. At times it looked like he wasn't even on the pitch.

Poch's post game remarks are not a big deal - he knows we have work to put in but are still in a good position unbeaten in the league. Ripping the team in the media is a bad look, Poch knows what he's doing.

Not sure much of that made sense.

I'm certainly going to moan when we have been so poor over the past few games. If you want to sit and pretend everything is fine and we are playing well, good for you. I just don't agree that anyone on here wants us to fuck up so they can look good on a fucking forum by saying "I told you so".
Agreed.

Who cares about being right?
We just want tottenham to win!
Starting on wednesday at wembley.
Great way to kick start our season & gain some belief before the Woolwich game

Also I predicted us to win our last 2 league games so I couldn't say I told you so anyway. Not that I would anyway.

It may sound negative to some but I'd be very happy with a win on wednesday followed by a draw at an in-form Woolwich.

0 wins in 5 matches. With 1 goal from open play. Fucking shocking.

When all are fit the "strike" support that Poch creams himslef over of Lamela, Dele and Eriksen lack two things......

GOALS

PACE

You would have thought Poch would have figured that little gem out months ago. Lots of fans saying that Kane will fix that, well God bless him he was hardly setting the World on light before the injury.

If teams sit deep, we have no answer, and when we break it's like having three fucking Ray Wilkins in midfield.

When all are fit the "strike" support that Poch creams himslef over of Lamela, Dele and Eriksen lack two things......

GOALS

PACE

You would have thought Poch would have figured that little gem out months ago. Lots of fans saying that Kane will fix that, well God bless him he was hardly setting the World on light before the injury.

If teams sit deep, we have no answer, and when we break it's like having three fucking Ray Wilkins in midfield.

Sadio Mane would have been a GREAT signing.

Even Man Utd put 4 past the cunts !. Man Utd, FFS !

Don't think they had schmichael in goal that day. We just didn't stick in enough crosses and balls in. Playing in front of them is exactly what they want. Dunno why we play into their hands. We need to take risks and open the game up and play with quick tempo. Maybe we will concede more but we have got pace with our full backs. Just need to use it and get balls in.

Last edited:
Just bad luck today.

Janssen could have had a hattrick with the slightest bit of extra luck in front of goal, Vertonghen could have had a couple at the end.

Nothing really to be worried about, we're unbeaten after 10 games, haven't had Harry for a while and can't even say we're playing well. That's good, surely?!

Our 3 AMs have been the problem area for a long time, great defence normally, either Kane or Janssen will do a job but the speed of movement in behind the striker and the speed the ball is moved is too slow.

We could have gone for Boufal who will end up like Mahrez or Payet in reputation and we where maybe unlucky with Isco. Either way it's easy to see why a top AM costs so much money, Bale made a shockingly bad AVB team look almost ok.

I thought at the start of the season the lack of a top AM would be the difference between us having a title challenge or just going for 4th/5th place.

We may or perhaps have to consider taking more risks tactically otherwise these draws could keep coming and coming.

Just bad luck today.

Janssen could have had a hattrick with the slightest bit of extra luck in front of goal, Vertonghen could have had a couple at the end.

Nothing really to be worried about, we're unbeaten after 10 games, haven't had Harry for a while and can't even say we're playing well. That's good, surely?!

It's not bad, I'll give you that.

Need Eriksen to get back to his old self in terms of scoring - we know he can get goals but he seems to be off in terms of his timing. He has three or four opportunities today that you would expect at least one of them to go in. Same with his free kick taking.

We can't rely on our front man to get all the goals so the three behind need to step up as well.

So infuriating that game. We were totally dominant and hit the woodwork twice. We even created a number of chances which we have not done for a while. But we gave them a goal. Rather worrying we are struggling for goals so much. I think Janssen was pretty good after his goal but Kane is missed. Eriksen had a poor game.

Back
Top Bottom