Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously though, what a time to be a Spurs fan. I mean, last year, with the 4-1s vs City and Spam, on top of some glorious wins vs United and great Football through the entire season combined with a backbone never, repeat...NEVER seen at Spurs before. What Poch has done is to change the club's mentality totally.

We can only pray that he is here in 10 years time and if he is, I think Spurs will be seen as a giant in 2026.

Long may it last. Love you Poch!

No manager in the world that I would rather have in charge. The thought of one of the 'huge' clubs coming in for him makes me sweat, I never want him to leave.

Very impressed by the way Poch has used the squad so far. A lot of players have come in and done very well. All players that he has tried have given us belief that they can do a job.

Based on last season and this he has a big "trusted" list at the moment, all possible Starters at different levels:
Lloris, Vorm
Walker, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Rose, Davies
Dier, Wanyama
Dembele, Winks, Alli, Carroll
Eriksen, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Onomah, Nkoudou
Kane, Janssen

That's 24 players. Apart from Carroll, Onomah and Nkoudou, possibly Winks, I would trust the rest to start vs any team..

I've probably already posted this somewhere, but I'm loving the 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 Poch has been using lately. Wonder if this is will be a permanent thing.

No manager in the world that I would rather have in charge. The thought of one of the 'huge' clubs coming in for him makes me sweat, I never want him to leave.
He'll go eventually, but hopefully he ends up like Klopp and leaves after winning a bunch of trophies, instead of building a decent team then jumping ship like.....Pochettino.

article-2264743-17051ED0000005DC-585_634x421.jpg

I've probably already posted this somewhere, but I'm loving the 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 Poch has been using lately. Wonder if this is will be a permanent thing.

He'll go eventually, but hopefully he ends up like Klopp and leaves after winning a bunch of trophies, instead of building a decent team then jumping ship like.....Pochettino.

I think the main thing is not to be too predictable. By that I mean we should use different systems and formations so that the opposition cannot plan a way of beating us. Play 1 holding player some games, others 2 and others 433. Sometimes play 3 at the back as we did last season.

Let's just enjoy it while he's here! Might go in the summer, might not leave until we're bedded into the new stadium. Who knows and why worry about something out of our control?

I think you have absolutely no understanding of the situation at Southampton and the circumstances that led to him leaving. Google Nicola Cortese, Marcus & Katharina Liebherr and the read events of the timeline following Marcus Liebherr's death. Or search those names in the Pochettinho thread on this site and you may be surprised to see just how loyal Poch was to Cortese. Or you can choose to ignore the events and follow the herd and suck in the Red Top narrative.

Last edited:
All depends on his 'human dimensions', as AVB used to say...

Big clubs will come in for him, that's inevitable at this point, but if he wants to become a Ferguson - I can't think of a better place to do that than at Spurs.

The only niggle is that next year may be tough going.

He was never going to stay at Southampton though. Koeman too.
I think he would have if Cortese hadn't left. The club seemed to change direction slightly at that point, and Pochettino was clear that he wasn't in favour of the new direction.

He's very, very ambitious, and I think that unless he thinks the club has that same ambition, he's going to be searching for a club that does.

Fortunately, we do share that ambition.

To all those going mental about MoPo and kicking up a fuss, ask yourselves this:

How many of the top PL managers would we have been happy with before they joined their respective teams?

Wenger from Grampus Eight?
Ferguson from Aberdeen?
Pellegrini from Malaga?
Martinez from Wigan?
Rodgers from Swansea?

Sometimes the best choices don't seem to make sense to fans. No reason not to believe?
Just read the first 30 odd pages, all of which preceding my existence on here. Fair to say he's now over nearly all of the many many sceptics pre-appointment. Myself included.

Anyway this post from before he joined seems very accurate now. Poch has become a very good fit for us, our ethos and our willingness to promote youth also is aligned to him.

Back
Top Bottom