Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

11hHPtIiVUgRZ6.gif

Might just be the way you've put it, but...

You must have misconstrued the sentiment. I had reservations about his desire to join us. I was euphemistically implying that he caught wind of the laughable 'Didn't want him anyway,' tone of the Everton owner's statement.
Thus realising, we were the better option.
As I said, he's one of ours now.

As stated I'm not hugely positive over the signing of Sissoko but I'm gobsmacked by how much negative press the deal is receiving and how much focus is on the price tag especially considering some of the dross other teams have signed

Zaza 24 million
Alonso 25 million
Luis 32 million
Bolasie 30 million
Ayew 20 million
John Stones 50 million

where was the shit storm when those donkeys were signed?

"Gobsmacked by negative press"??

You're one of the most negative cunts on here bleating like the "little girl" you were known as on Footymad!

Kind regards

Devon

As stated I'm not hugely positive over the signing of Sissoko but I'm gobsmacked by how much negative press the deal is receiving and how much focus is on the price tag especially considering some of the dross other teams have signed

Zaza 24 million
Alonso 25 million
Luis 32 million
Bolasie 30 million
Ayew 20 million
John Stones 50 million

where was the shit storm when those donkeys were signed?
Talking about inflated market, I think the effect has been surprisingly good fair play. It is a seller's market and teams are able to hold on to their players better. Leicester lost only Kante, Lukaku still with Everton and our hugely potential bunch are still intact. Remember those dark days of losing our best player to rival, like Berbetov. It still happen but the stealing teams burn their pocket real deep.

Wtf is it about. I feel like I just read a blog article written by that pissed local bloke who rambles on about anything anyone will listen to, with no real structure to what they are talking about (think "very, very drunk" from the Fast Show).
Checked out his Twitter feed, he's your typical wannabe hipster Woolwich fan from LA who mostly writes about SJW issues.

God damn phone apps.

This morning my phone buzzed. Hot tip from this football app on my phone. This one was a transfer rumor. Claimed we wanted to keep Kane.

Shocking!

You probably all thought our business was done and this thread could be closed?

:adesalute: :adelol: :adewtf: :adethumbup: :adegrin2:

Tottenham linked with bizarre move to bring Emmanuel Adebayor back to the club

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a move for their former striker.

emmanuel_adebayor_real_madrid_252845.jpg

The transfer window may have closed for another few months but get ready for the craziest rumour of the summer, with Italian website Tutto Mercato Webclaiming that Tottenham Hotspur are interested in bringing Emmanuel Adebayorback to the club for free.

Yes, this is the same Adebayor who was only released from his contract at White Hart Lane last summer having not played for the club since the previous May; the same player who Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino opted not to include in his 25-man Premier League squad last season or even hand a shirt number to.

crystal_palaces_emmanuel_adebayor_in_action_with_tottenhams_kevi_183805.jpg

And yet here we are, almost exactly a year on, with TMW claiming Tottenham want to further strengthen their forward line with a performance-related deal for Adebayor.

Contact is said to have been made between the two parties but this one is surely not going to happen.

After all, Tottenham recently added Vincent Janssen to their striking options and despite Harry Kane’s struggles he will return to form sooner rather than later.

tottenham_manager_mauricio_pochettino_287219.jpg

SEE ALSO:

Spurs star admits to mistakes last season; claims manager has addressed problems
Pundit claims Tottenham star looks a shadow of his former self
Jamie Redknapp and Alan Shearer both rave about 20-year-old Tottenham Hotspur star

Of course we could all be surprised, with Adebayor making a bizarre comeback, but it seems highly unlikely given his history at the club and the fact that he struggled to make any significant impact at his last side Crystal Palace.

Instead Pochettino should promote from within, giving Shayon Harrison the chance to impress from the bench rather than making a move that would go down as one of the most unexpected ever.

tottenhams_emmanuel_adebayor_walks_out_onto_the_pitch_before_the_300925.jpg

List page image © REUTERS

Back
Top Bottom