Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon he'll be sent on loan to Malaga. Which shows a total lack of ambition from him.

Also shows Champions League football isn't the be all and end all.
That claim about Champions League has been proven to be bollocks now. Like the Governments Austertity drive it was the reason not to give the populas what it wanted. Our transfer business is based on one thing how much can I get from spending as little as possible. It's cheap and ultimately results in very little satisfaction on the pitch or in the stands. But gives one man ( and his mates ) a hefty bonus every year we can only dream of. Levy has got rich from Spurs. Not sure Spurs were enriched by ENIC

Unless his ambition is to play for Real Madrid, he thinks that's still possible, and he wants to get as much playing time in La Liga as possible.

Real spend their entire time trying to tap up our players.......literally the career path of players joining us is a) play well sign for Real b) play averagely sign for Hull

Levy has got rich from Spurs. Not sure Spurs were enriched by ENIC

Other than those pesky top 4 finishes and two Champion's League seasons...

anigif_enhanced-13521-1398715782-8.gif

Really? I had no idea, guess that's what happens when all your spanish sports talk is baseball-related.

It's not a direct translation of 'transfer', but not much of spanish translates directly. That's why google translate comes out as bollocks most of the time.

That claim about Champions League has been proven to be bollocks now. Like the Governments Austertity drive it was the reason not to give the populas what it wanted. Our transfer business is based on one thing how much can I get from spending as little as possible. It's cheap and ultimately results in very little satisfaction on the pitch or in the stands. But gives one man ( and his mates ) a hefty bonus every year we can only dream of. Levy has got rich from Spurs. Not sure Spurs were enriched by ENIC

Spurs in the 5 seasons before ENIC (1996-2001): 10th, 14th, 11th, 10th, 12th
Spurs in the last 5 seasons (2011-2016): 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th, 3rd

They haven't been Abramovich/Mansour/Qatar-level miracle workers, but they've definitely improved the club dramatically.

Lowe has said Max Meyer will play for Germany tomo. might make it hard for him for him to sing for us during the day.........:pochrolleyes::pocheyes::avbshit:

Spurs in the 5 seasons before ENIC (1996-2001): 10th, 14th, 11th, 10th, 12th
Spurs in the last 5 seasons (2011-2016): 3rd, 5th, 6th, 5th, 4th

They haven't been Abramovich/Mansour/Qatar-level miracle workers, but they've definitely improved the club dramatically.

Whilst charging some of the top level prices in the country.

Income vs league position we are bang on par.

Whilst charging some of the top level prices in the country.

Income vs league position we are bang on par.
Are we? The 6th-richest club, with the 6th-highest wage bill, yet the average league position over the past 5 years is 4.6.

EDIT: And a source for the "richest" claim, since I know that's a bit vague. Going by revenue, all in millions of euros:

1. Man United-519
2. Man City-463
3. Woolwich-435
4. Chelsea-420
5. Liverpool-391
6. Spurs-257

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

True. It is making this forum become a bit of a joke.
Say something positive & you get lots of agrees & you are accepted. You tell each other what great & better fans you are.

Point out any worries & you get lots of disagrees & the "spurs can do no wrong" gang have there wicked way with you.
The in thing is still to call someone a melt for the smallest of things.
Most over used word going on here.

I reckon he'll be sent on loan to Malaga. Which shows a total lack of ambition from him.

Also shows Champions League football isn't the be all and end all.
Seen it on Twitter and as much as it hurts to say it, we really don't need him if he is going back to Malaga. It's nice to see players going back to their old clubs, but not for a 24 year old with so much talent.

Back
Top Bottom