Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at leicester and how reactive theyve been after winning the league. Their first season in the CL league and theyve already signed musa, mendy and kapustka for 40m and are about to spend more than 40m on silmani and silva. Yes they sold kante but theyre not willing to be 1 hit wonders and want to push on.

Us on the other seem like we are only interested in balancing the books.
They are making us look even more like we have a small club mentality.

I can honestly see something happening, kind of like how Son just came out of nothing. There is no way Poch would sanction this many sales without having players lined up, especially with CL football this year.
We've only sold chadli, and loaned out fazio&bentaleb(neither were anywhere near the squad). We bought v&v.
If anything we've got a better bench than last season.
Nothing has come of the Son rumours and Carroll has been replaced by winks.
Njie is still here and so is mason.
If those 2 go I'm sure replacements will arrive.

This Zaha shit is aggravating. If he was truly a target, why would we wait so late to make a bid. Of course they are going to refuse all offers this late, as they won't be able to find a replacement. Also starting at £12 million, when Bolasie went for over double that is not how you get business done in the last week of the window.

Levy and Poch better have something else cooking. I can't believe we weren't in on Boufal at £20M, or even Burke at £15M. If we lose out on N'Koudou and don't have further replacements, this board is going to go crazy. I don't see why you move Chadli, unless something else is all but done. He is a serviceable player and has produced, despite his questionable ethic. These next couple of days are going to be nervy for sure.
It feels like levy is stuck in the 1998 transfer fee valuations*.
*for buys only, not sales.

I always look at that window when we 'Sold Elvis and signed the Beatles' as a warning, I love transfers, get easily exited by youtube highlights but it doesn't correlate to a good season. Last year for example we had glaring holes (1 striker, one miraculously filled by Eric Dier) and we had the best season we've had in 5 or so years, playing great football with a team full of players we love. I've got possible faith in Pochettino regardless and have been impressed by Wanyama and Jansen so far.
Don't think anyone wants us to spend 110m or whatever it was. Or bring in 7 players.
Or make sure they have never played in the premiership before.

& don't forget poch still felt we needed a DM even after dier.

I'm really scratching my head as to what's going on here. Getting rid (or at least trying to) of a lot of our established players with no clear indication of replacements. In dire needs of attacking threat winger(s) now. Might even need another CM if we offload both Carroll and Mason?

Cost more than 5m = will be crap.
The more someone costs, the worse they will be.
Teams who spend the least win the big prizes.

rose4.png
NiWrCty.png

I'm really scratching my head as to what's going on here. Getting rid (or at least trying to) of a lot of our established players with no clear indication of replacements. In dire needs of attacking threat winger(s) now. Might even need another CM if we offload both Carroll and Mason?

Just a club that seems to constantly go against established norms.

Chelsea are adding to their squad and have no Champion's League football. United have their 23 set and even le Wenger has added numbers.

Yet we seem to want to show we can live on rations.

I just find it baffling.

N'Koudou plus 2 outfield players of quality or Levy and Pochettino need to be lined-up and shot.

I assume with some confidence that all those who are exiting are also going with the slightly podgy Pochettino's good grace?

Back
Top Bottom