Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure Carroll, Chadli and bentaleb will go. Not sure about yedlin though

I'm not convinced Yedlin is going anywhere, based on the coverage he's had in the club media. Not too bothered by that, but I have a feeling Poch has seen something in him and may try him in a few different roles.

Schweinsteiger would be a signing for the experience. His attitude is second to none. I would sign him for no other reason than having a player with great winner instinct in the squad. While we wouldn't sign him for his playing ability alone, he has all the qualities you look for a player when when we need someone to calm things down when we're 0-1 up away at Dortmund or Woolwich. His legs may be gone, but not his mentality which is where such a signing would make sense.

That fella you have spent 1043 posts hyping up plays at the second Scottish level, which is on par somewhere between the Championship and League One. He has one cap for Scotland and might be really good. Still, players from that level have seriously lot to prove to be anything near good enough to be bought be Spurs at the age of 21,5 years old.
Who else is on your transfer wish list? David Beckham? How about Lothar Matthäus? Or why not Ruud Gullit? Fuck it, we could put bids in for all three. Who do we contact? Not sure anyone has tried your transfer strategy before. We're breaking new ground.

Bazali Bazali , you've got loads of experience, fancy a game? We need some old, wise cunt to calm the boys down at half time away to Dortmund.

Schweinsteiger has aged terribly, some players at 32 and above if they are special like Ibrahimovic you might think yeh why not. Problem is that Schweinsteiger has had serious injury issues over several years and his body seems like that of a 40 year old, he even looks about 40 now.

He was an amazing world class player and at times maybe the best DM around but that was when he had his athleticism, a player whose game was so reliant of speed and power and has pretty much lost it is certainly for us not the purchase we need.

Signing a player for "his winning mentality and experience in the changing room" is just another way of saying he is shite on the pitch...

The values of the transfers this summer are just unbelievable.

It is leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

At some point football at the higher end will conpletely lose touch with reality.

I mean at what level does a player who costs 10 million become a good investment let alone one who may cost multiples of that cost?

Sickening.

Zidane has hinted at an Isco exit. Do you think we have a chance with him? He'd be a great acquisition imo

Would be an unbelievable signing. Apparently we were quite close to getting him when he was at Malaga.

I'd suspect he's be reluctant to come, wages would be an issue? But who knows

The values of the transfers this summer are just unbelievable.

It is leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

At some point football at the higher end will conpletely lose touch with reality.

I mean at what level does a player who costs 10 million become a good investment let alone one who may cost multiples of that cost?

Sickening.

So you're going to stop watching football, then? Because you are, and we all are, the reason the money involved in football is so enormous. Stop bitching and continue enjoying it, or stop watching. So very, very tired of people complaining about the money in the game as if football is raiding the schools budget to stuff their coffers with ill-gotten gains.

Who else is on your transfer wish list? David Beckham? How about Lothar Matthäus? Or why not Ruud Gullit? Fuck it, we could put bids in for all three. Who do we contact? Not sure anyone has tried your transfer strategy before. We're breaking new ground.

Bazali Bazali , you've got loads of experience, fancy a game? We need some old, wise cunt to calm the boys down at half time away to Dortmund.

You're right about one thing

The 'wise' bit!

Maybe your reach around technique you're about to learn on your boat will be better for calming them down

:vdvdive:

Wouldn't surprise me if Winks breakthrough in pre-season has sort of made up Pochs mind on Carroll to be honest. He now knows he has a younger player who is better on the ball, stronger on the ball, looks better positionally and looks like arguably a better passer.

He's younger

Full stop

:avbhumph:

So you're going to stop watching football, then? Because you are, and we all are, the reason the money involved in football is so enormous. Stop bitching and continue enjoying it, or stop watching. So very, very tired of people complaining about the money in the game as if football is raiding the schools budget to stuff their coffers with ill-gotten gains.
I'm sure there's a little Johnny out there who can't go to Eton because his dad would rather get Sky Sports instead...

Mason is in Bournemouth, there was talk of him joining them earlier in the window. I think it would be a bit rash to sell both Mason and Carroll and I'd prefer Carroll staying

35830678.jpg

Schweinsteiger has aged terribly, some players at 32 and above if they are special like Ibrahimovic you might think yeh why not. Problem is that Schweinsteiger has had serious injury issues over several years and his body seems like that of a 40 year old, he even looks about 40 now.

He was an amazing world class player and at times maybe the best DM around but that was when he had his athleticism, a player whose game was so reliant of speed and power and has pretty much lost it is certainly for us not the purchase we need.

His game has not been reliant on speed the last seven years. He has played a maestrorole in the heart of Bayern München and Germany. His movement is what has made him the player that his is, not his pace mate....

Anyway, point was, that I'm not advocating that we should go after players with massive wages and are over the top, but Schweinsteiger is a different case, as he knows the game, he has seen all, won all, and is a 100% pro. Having spent 10 of the last 14 years in Germany, I know a thing or two about him.

Back
Top Bottom