Euro 2016 - France

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They weren'tdo, post: 1027804, member: 1044"]Italy were excellent against Belgium, my favourite game of the tournament so far but were utter dog shit against Sweden, like really bad smelly, runny diahriah bad.[/QUOTE].
They weren't that bad, did what we have to do. . ENGLAND must have trod in some and rubbed Vardys face in it. Hes looking all dapper recently.?

Can..Raheem Sterling, really be passionate to play for England when he is Jamaica born. I do not believe you can be. It must be difficult to stand there and sing the national anthem of another country?

Lallana is another, Spanish decent-you must play for your blood father/fathers.

Vardy is another, a Gipsy I believe.

Can..Raheem Sterling, really be passionate to play for England when he is Jamaica born. I do not believe you can be. It must be difficult to stand there and sing the national anthem of another country?

Is this a serious post?

If so - you should hang your head in shame

For your sake - hope you were drunk at the time

Last edited:

Britain Furst!! no wogs in de nashional team!

This is undoubtedly the dumbest post here ever, that include greaves and gibbs in his bad days

So far only Croatia, Spain and Portugal have really impressed. I quite like the new style Spain with the cutting edge and power of Morata up front. They have a new dimension in their game now and look like they'll walk over everyone. Portugal is the most exciting team going forward for me, the technical ability is there in abundance but no true striker is hurting them again.

If i look at the Belgium team and the pride they show, the lenghts they are willing to go through to play for a country where all of them are born in but most of their parents arent - i think you can. Kompany is probably the most vocal defender of our country and people like Chadli had to go against their own family to chose to play for Belgium. Yes, some of these players chose with their brain and chose in favour of what's best for their career but there are others who really feel connected to their land of birth.

Why would your country of birth not motivate you as much as the country of origin from your parents ? You lived, worked and played for your country a long time and then still people think your allegiance goes to a country you've probably never or rarely visited.

English = white and minimum 4th generation in your eyes then ?

By that logic why would any player not born in Tottenham have any passion for our club other than it being a job?

Mr S Pippo what about Rooney - Irish descent. Should he not be playing for Ireland then.

And what about all the other players as well. Maybe nobody should play for England since we don't have any celtic tribesmen to hand.

Come to think of it, the Welsh. They're the original celts of England. We should get them to play for us.

Mr S Pippo what about Rooney - Irish descent. Should he not be playing for Ireland then.

And what about all the other players as well. Maybe nobody should play for England since we don't have any celtic tribesmen to hand.

Come to think of it, the Welsh. They're the original celts of England. We should get them to play for us.
Sturridge is of Nigerian decent too

So far only Croatia, Spain and Portugal have really impressed. I quite like the new style Spain with the cutting edge and power of Morata up front. They have a new dimension in their game now and look like they'll walk over everyone. Portugal is the most exciting team going forward for me, the technical ability is there in abundance but no true striker is hurting them again.
What about Belgium? Have they found their feet?

Dier moved to Portugal as a young kid, so he's probably only agreed to come along as Alli got called up

I wonder how many good Indian* footballers there are around?

The US would have a pretty shite national team for a nation of several hundred million, if this was applied :pritchardeyes:

*The US/North American, not the asian, Indians, obviously

I was hoping to provoke some discussion, but reading some replies, this is not possible. Any question away from the 'what everyone wants to hear' there is a melt down.
But England is their country, I don't think there's a discussion to be had?

I suppose I've got Irish blood but I'd hate to be a plastic paddy and although I appreciate my Irish family history etc I'm English.

Britain Furst!! no wogs in de nashional team!

This is undoubtedly the dumbest post here ever, that include greaves and gibbs in his bad days

By that logic why would any player not born in Tottenham have any passion for our club other than it being a job?

Dier moved to Portugal as a young kid, so he's probably only agreed to come along as Alli got called up

I was hoping to provoke some discussion, but reading some replies, this is not possible. Any question away from the 'what everyone wants to hear' there is a melt down.

Back
Top Bottom