Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, that result scked, but that was so much fun. American sports are shit even when you guys moan you blow any atmosphere in America out of the water, the flags the singing everythin was incredible.

My only match comment should qualify as the most fucking obvious of the season and here it is.

'Ouch, that fucking hurt like a bastard cunt.'

I thank you.

I'm gonna concentrate on the good bits of today.

I legit had a little cry when that lad came on for the kick about at half time today. And big up's to the crowd for getting behind the lil' yido. It was lovely.

The weather was nice.

I had a few Tyskie's.

There was a girl with the nicest bum I've ever seen when walking back to the train station.

Looking on the bright side and that.

That little lad put a few tears in my eyes as well and was one of the most heart-warming moments I've seen all season:

It was a great gesture by he club, to let him have a kickabout with his heroes during the half-time break. I think, it was his very first visit to WHL as well.

I'm gonna concentrate on the good bits of today.

I legit had a little cry when that lad came on for the kick about at half time today. And big up's to the crowd for getting behind the lil' yido. It was lovely.

The weather was nice.

I had a few Tyskie's.

There was a girl with the nicest bum I've ever seen when walking back to the train station.

Looking on the bright side and that.
Any pics?

Im sure it's been said, but Dembele and Alli left a big hole today.

Most of the team, except perhaps Son and Lamela looked very jaded and out of ideas and/or making uncharacteristic poor decisions. The let down of the missed title, combined with that fuck up of a game vs the Chavs seemed to have sucked so much of the life out of our players that have been on a high for months- Kane, Walker, Rose, Dier and Alderweireld especially.

Really disappointing that the chance to take second place over the Gooners wasn't enough for one final demolition job today .

So here we are again. Last game and scum are gonna be gifted 3 pts while we have to play a relegation-threatened team scrapping for their lives. If Marriner doesnt referee our game he will sure as eggs ref the Sunderland mid-week fixture to give Toon a lifeline.

Difference from previous seasons is it truly is still in our hands. Cunts at the FA cant ban any more of our players before the weekend and if we run out at St James' with a bit of fire in our belly and desire for second then we can seize the day.. .
they deserved to be ban.
It was their own ill discipline that many on here applauded.
Hope you are all enjoying the consequences.

I think we need an outfield skipper. Loris is great, although a bit flaky recently, but isn't going to really affect the game from his position.
I love Lloris, and was thrilled when they made him club captain... but I can't help feeling the same.
If we had an outfield captain, then I think the complexion of the Chelsea game may have been a little more composed (which may also have meant Dembele wouldn't have earned himself a six game ban).

Likewise, I think the team would have been steadied today if someone in midfield was able to rally the troops and drive us on in the second half, despite the heat.

The problem is, there's not really an acceptable way to replace Lloris as club captain that isn't a giant snub... unless he leaves us, which we don't want either. Alas, while it's alright to have a goalkeeper captain international sides, I don't think it translates well to club football.

I bet he's a fantastic guy to have authority in the dressing room, and off the pitch, but it's undeniable that he can't talk to the referee or calm teammates down all the time simply by virtue of being a goalkeeper.

Most of the team, except perhaps Son and Lamela looked very jaded and out of ideas and/or making uncharacteristic poor decisions. The let down of the missed title, combined with that fuck up of a game vs the Chavs seemed to have sucked so much of the life out of our players that have been on a high for months- Kane, Walker, Rose, Dier and Alderweireld especially.
Rose and Walker were especially bad today - which isn't what you want when so much of our attack goes through them.
Bloody hell, Rose gave the ball away atrociously in the centre circle - gave me flashbacks to that nightmare he had against Woolwich in the FA Cup under Sherwood.

If we don't get a point at Newcastle, what a joke.

Well done boys, you've played beautiful football.

You've scored lots of goals and conceded hardly any.

But if Woolwich finish above us. What a let down.

Complete and utter meltdown. No excuses.

West Ham, West Brom, Chelsea...what a stain on an otherwise brilliant season.

Fuck knows who's to blame. But how depressing.

Do the players even realise what's going on?

West ham game we deserved nothing and rightly lost. It is games like scum, wba at home we should have finished (wba moreso given anything less then a win was pretty much title challenge over) then also against Chelsea. Today did not deserve it but again lack of finishing teams off. Sometimes it isn't possible to do it but seems to me we are feeling sorry for ourselves. A shame given we have worked so hard. Should not have lost our discipline in wba and Chelsea game. Two key players banned which did not help today's game.

Mother of fucks. If the unthinkable happens next week if will rip the gloss off of this season for me.

Definitely I know Poch has come out and said we shouldn't worry about Woolwich but this voodoo 20 or so years hangs round our neck, if we can never finish above Woolwich how are we supposed to win the league.

Far I am concerned if we fall now it will be almost the same as Redknapp and the mind the gap shit. We will be embrassed - AGAIN.

People who say well we didn't expect top 4 that's not the point if we where 7th then yeh fine but we are 2nd and 2nd place is in our hands, to me 2nd and above the gooners is a good prize.

For me it will put a massive black mark on a great season and that's a shame.

Back
Top Bottom