Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just think that if Pochettino is the manager we hope and think then he will see where the necessary improvements need to be made.

A very good first 11/13 when fit fit and firing but not so good when we are off that.

We have led in all our last few matches and conceded that lead in all but one of them.

That reveals a lack of experience, a lack of options but also something to aim for next time round.

Today Kane was a tad greedy and looked tired but we couldn't take him off. That is simply a fcuking nonsense.

Not to worry for now.

Signs that Poch's demands have left the side short of fitness this season. Bad last 4-5 games of the season have happened for him in nearly every season so far with us, S'ton and Espanyol. The Chelsea game must of been exceptionally demanding.

Fingers crossed we can get a few more quality players in over the summer to ease the physical toll on our first XI.

Well. I guess it's up to City then. But we already know the Scum will win. Oh well. It's still in our hands but I doubt we beat a desperate Newcastle side following this. The lads went all in for the title and couldn't recharge I guess.

Players should be ashamed of themselves for finishing this season at home like this. Absolutely gutted.

Gotta restore some pride and send Newcastle down.

We might very well lose against Newcastle too so this was "it" for 2nd I think. Very disappointing ending to what has been a remarkable season at home. The pride over the lads season will come back once the dust settles but it can't stand to be repairs this collapse if we are to kick on.

Get a grip

Newcastle fighting relegation and couldn't even beat a shambolic relegated Villa

Problem is Woolwich home to Villa last game......

That is fucking horrible. Compounded by the fact it's our last home game this season.

Southampton, however, are a much better side than Newcastle (and we can now pray that they are relegated by the time we play them).

Onto hoping for Man City to pull a result out of the bag.
If Woolwich get anything out of that match, then we have top 3.

Jesus this team needs to learn to just move on to the next game. Ever since the West Ham loos I feel like Spurs just lost all hope and confidence. This end of the season could've gone so much better if the team just, like I said, move on to the next game and forget anything negative.

Signs that Poch's demands have left the side short of fitness this season. Bad last 4-5 games of the season have happened for him in nearly every season so far with us, S'ton and Espanyol. The Chelsea game must of been exceptionally demanding.

Fingers crossed we can get a few more quality players in over the summer to ease the physical toll on our first XI.
Perhaps, but he subbed Son off first, while, goal aside, he was crap - he hasn't really played much recently before Chelsea.

Get a grip

Newcastle fighting relegation and couldn't even beat a shambolic relegated Villa

Problem is Woolwich home to Villa last game......

Newcastle did beat us at home though and will have everything to play for and we don't. The players don't care about finishing above the scum the way we too. They went for the title and gave their all doing it (and hats off to them for being in it longer than any other side) but they don't have the same motivation the Newcastle players will have. Pressure is one aspect that may benefit us though. We will be able to play way more relaxed than them.

Back
Top Bottom