Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree on Perez, don't know the other guy.

Kovacic was a highly promising midfielder who played great during his time at Inter and then secured his "dream move" to Real Madrid.

He's more of an attack minded midfielder but real wanted him to be more like modric I think. Either way, still a good player, just a bad decision.

Who ever we bring in is going to have to fit in to the wage structure, (we have a stadium to pay for) a lot of players are being mentioned that won't fit it. The Champions League money we get for next season I would guess is going to be used for either the stadium or bringing in a player Poch wants that will fit within the wage structure. I can't see us selling anyone other than Fazio this summer unless the player pushes as finding a replacement to fit this criteria is not easy.

I think Bentaleb will also be on his way. Unless he's willing to work very hard in pre season and become a new player under Pochettino.

Does anybody know why he hasn't played this season?
He started the season. Then got injured. He then was close to a comeback and before even playing for us again he went to play an international for Algeria and got injured again. He's played here and there without looking up to standard.

Don't know if he's currently injured or just out of favour but I trust Pochettino and his judgement.

What's happened to Alen 'baby Modric' Halilovic at Barcelona? Has he broken through yet? Remember his dad was making all sorts of first team demands when joining us.

He started the season. Then got injured. He then was close to a comeback and before even playing for us again he went to play an international for Algeria and got injured again. He's played here and there without looking up to standard.

Don't know if he's currently injured or just out of favour but I trust Pochettino and his judgement.

He picked a knee injury a few weeks back that needed surgery and effectively ended his season.

I think Bentaleb will also be on his way. Unless he's willing to work very hard in pre season and become a new player under Pochettino.

That's going to be tough for him, given that he's eligible to play at the Olympics without being an overage pick. I completely agree that he needs the preseason, just like Son does, as I wrote about in another thread.

I really hope Son doesn't go, and I cannot help but feel that Bentaleb's future comes down to whether he passes up the Olympics to stay at the club for a crucial preseason. If misses that and the start of the season, then he's gone imo.

I am quite sure Bentaleb will go going in the summer, so we'll definitely need a new midfielder.

On the subject of Bentaleb - he fucked me off (and probably a few of you lot, too) a bit at the end of last season when he went public about his contract situation and how a lot of "big champions league clubs were interested". After eventually signing that contract, he started the season awfully. If you think back to the first few games he played for us this season, his performances were so half-assed and as if he thought he was the finished article. Sloppy passing, poor first touches, trying to be too clever in possession.

I could be proven to be completely wrong however, and he'll show character and fight his way back into the team. I don't see that happening though, to be honest...

I am quite sure Bentaleb will go going in the summer, so we'll definitely need a new midfielder.

On the subject of Bentaleb - he fucked me off (and probably a few of you lot, too) a bit at the end of last season when he went public about his contract situation and how a lot of "big champions league clubs were interested". After eventually signing that contract, he started the season awfully. If you think back to the first few games he played for us this season, his performances were so half-assed and as if he thought he was the finished article. Sloppy passing, poor first touches, trying to be too clever in possession.

I could be proven to be completely wrong however, and he'll show character and fight his way back into the team. I don't see that happening though, to be honest...
I think I said in the very first OMT of the season away at Utd that he looked like a player too big for his boots as if he had already made it following his contract signing. Gave the ball away needlessly, pretty sure he gave the ball away in the centre of the park and that lead to their winner too.

A week before he done the same in a friendly against Madrid and Bale went on to score.

I think I said in the very first OMT of the season away at Utd that he looked like a player too big for his boots as if he had already made it following his contract signing. Gave the ball away needlessly, pretty sure he gave the ball away in the centre of the park and that lead to their winner too.

A week before he done the same in a friendly against Madrid and Bale went on to score.

Perhaps he'll reflect back on this season and realise he's been overtaken and needs to get his head down and up his game. He could be a good substitute for Dembele. Although I think he's gone the way of Lennon and Townsend.

Perhaps he'll reflect back on this season and realise he's been overtaken and needs to get his head down and up his game. He could be a good substitute for Dembele. Although I think he's gone the way of Lennon and Townsend.

I had high hopes for this lad, he did seem the best fit if Dier or Moose were out, as you say hopefully he'll get his head down and work hard to get back in favour, there could be plenty of game time next season with the CL etc.

That's going to be tough for him, given that he's eligible to play at the Olympics without being an overage pick. I completely agree that he needs the preseason, just like Son does, as I wrote about in another thread.

I really hope Son doesn't go, and I cannot help but feel that Bentaleb's future comes down to whether he passes up the Olympics to stay at the club for a crucial preseason. If misses that and the start of the season, then he's gone imo.
I was thinking if Dembele gets a long ban does that mean he misses the Euros? Or does it only apply to us? If he misses the Euros I could live with that.

It's only domestic.
tumblr_midbol6EKv1rx2lzgo1_500.gif

Trial by media George.
The comments were from his agent not him. As I understand it his agent is a loan wolfe and not one of the 3 agencies that represent most of our kids (these agencies are very close to Spurs). As a 19yr old there wasn't a better one in the League last year, and a MASSIVE rising star in Algeria too (the next big thing). All that, a new contract and no doubt new pussy too, these are the most difficult times for young footballers, dealing with the attention, money and understanding the difference between confidence and arrogance.

One thing I am certain about is that he is in the most perfect environment for a young player to flourish in every aspect in his game both on and off the pitch. He might be out of selection because of his injury, or he might be out of selection because he is on a corse correction by Poch. Neither bother me, as Bentaleb has already shown he has the footballing ability, has he got the right mental ability I guess is the question that needs to be answered.

But we just don't know what is going on, we have nothing to go on other than he has picked up two key ankle injuries this season and made 5 bad passes.

Back
Top Bottom