The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City are defending like piss (partly down to making 8 changes to their squad).

We are the better side, and have decent form against Southampton in recent years - even when we were in turmoil.

Not having Alli will be a shame; but we'll be strong.

Edit: God I'd love to nob Iheanacho.

475761_LSDXI248RSE7TXBYNL7UG8J7HZQAD8_300px-kennethwilliams_H020213_L.jpg

Ice-Cube-Today-Was-a-Good-Day.gif

• Almost guaranteed a top 4 finish
  • Leicester still couldn't get it over the line, so we have a chance to frustrate the cunts tomorrow (while putting right the years of hurt at Stamford Bridge)
  • Man City look that much less likely to catch us, and if anything will have a fire lit up their ass next weekend to beat Woolwich and stay in the top 4 themselves

Ice-Cube-Today-Was-a-Good-Day.gif

• Almost guaranteed a top 4 finish
  • Leicester still couldn't get it over the line, so we have a chance to frustrate the cunts tomorrow (while putting right the years of hurt at Stamford Bridge)
  • Man City look that much less likely to catch us, and if anything will have a fire lit up their ass next weekend to beat Woolwich and stay in the top 4 themselves
United can reach 69 points and our GD makes us virtually a lock for at least top 4. I want to be the top London team though 1:allitongue:

Just about finishing above Woolwich now for me. Get a draw against the chavs tomorrow and that all but ensures it.

End of season permutations after Woolwich vs City (and assuming Woolwich beat Villa and City beat Swansea):

Woolwich WIN
Woolwich - 73
City - 67

City WIN
City - 70
Woolwich - 70

DRAW
Woolwich - 71
City - 68

We're on 69 now with 9 points left to play for. 4 more needed to make sure we finish above the scum but lets hope City make our job easier.

I can't help but be doubtful we'll get the win tomorrow. Chelsea have been shite but the way this clash has been hyped up in the media and with the likes of Terry and Fabregas playing they'll be right up for it and despite their form they still have some great players. Add that to our shocking history at the Bridge and no Alli and I'd probably take a draw. That being said, we play better when teams come at us and Chelsea should do that so there's every chance we cut them to pieces on the counter.

Southampton will go like every other game goes against them, they put up a decent fight for 65 mins but we eke out the result.

Hopefully nothing rides on the Newcastle game as that is going to be a tough one given their recent turnaround but I back us to do the job there if needed.

Ridiculous that I'm still worried about Woolwich finishing above us but such is the life of a Spurs fan.

Indeed. If you think about it - United nor any team below them can catch us now. So if Man City were to implode and drop out the top 4, any team overtaking them cannot also overtake us.

So we'd be in the top 3.

As it stands now:
  • We are now guaranteed to finish 4th
  • 1 more point and we're guaranteed to finish 3rd
  • 4 more points and we're guaranteed to finish 2nd
  • Should Woolwich and Citeh draw then 2 points is enough to finish 2nd
  • Should Citeh beat Woolwich then 1 more point to finish 2nd
All the above assumes we retain superior goal difference

As it stands now:
  • We are now guaranteed to finish 4th
  • 1 more point and we're guaranteed to finish 3rd
  • 4 more points and we're guaranteed to finish 2nd
  • Should Woolwich and Citeh draw then 2 points is enough to finish 2nd
  • Should Citeh beat Woolwich then 1 more point to finish 2nd
All the above assumes we retain superior goal difference
And this conversation becomes a whole heap of fun if we beat Chelsea tomorrow...

I think we'll lose the league by 3 points.

Which just shows how BIG that win for Leicester was at our place.

We've done ever so well against the so-called top teams this season, especially compared to other seasons, but we still need to improve our results in the 'six-pointers' against our direct competetors. If we're honest we should've beaten Woolwich twice, and Leicester at least once.

Lads, we are 1 point short of our best PL-finish ever and we've done it with the league's youngest squad and a positive net spend. I refuse to allow Leicester Hoofball Club to take that from me :lameladisgust:

We've done ever so well against the so-called top teams this season, especially compared to other seasons, but we still need to improve our results in the 'six-pointers' against our direct competetors. If we're honest we should've beaten Woolwich twice, and Leicester at least once.
We should have beat Liverpool at least once too I feel. Especially at home. We have simply drawn too many games when we should have won. I'm not even going to count ones at the beginning because we were still a team finding our feet. Woolwich at home against 10 men for example, Everton away, Chelsea at home in their form. West Brom on Monday still the most painful. If we had held on, with Leicesters result this evening, we'd be 6 points behind them with 9 to play for and a win tomorrow would have seen us 3 points behind them and breathing right down their neck.

I think we'll lose the league by 3 points.

Which just shows how BIG that win for Leicester was at our place.
If that's the case, then I'm sure we'll be looking below us at the final league table and rubbing our hands together.

We can't beat ourselves up too much this year. We're a developing team that only really became excellent in the middle of the season and lacked the proper squad depth to juggle competitions outside of the league.
Plus Leicester have commendably rode the wave of improbability - it's not our fault that the stars have alligned so astonishingly well for them.

It hurts more being the team to finish immediately below them (if we hold onto 2nd, that is), but we can't buy into the absolute bollocks that other (more bitter) fanbases throw in our direction to try and make them feel better about themselves. It is Woolwich, Man City, Man United, and Chelsea who have all shown themselves up this season, not Spurs - and the fact that we're the only team still fighting to catch Leicester in the last 3 games of the season demonstrates that perfectly.

If that's the case, then I'm sure we'll be looking below us at the final league table and rubbing our hands together.

We can't beat ourselves up too much this year. We're a developing team that only really became excellent in the middle of the season and lacked the proper squad depth to juggle competitions outside of the league.
Plus Leicester have commendably rode the wave of improbability - it's not our fault that the stars have alligned so astonishingly well for them.

It hurts more being the team to finish immediately below them (if we hold onto 2nd, that is), but we can't buy into the absolute bollocks that other (more bitter) fanbases throw in our direction to try and make them feel better about themselves. It is Woolwich, Man City, Man United, and Chelsea who have all shown themselves up this season, not Spurs - and the fact that we're the only team still fighting to catch Leicester in the last 3 games of the season demonstrates that perfectly.
It's been an exceptional season. We will potentially be finishing SECOND. When was the last time we EVER finished in the top 2? We have the best defence in the league and arguably the best attack. We have the youngest team and we've seen memorable moments like smashing Man City at home, dominating West Ham at home, that glorious 6 minutes at home to Man Utd. Kane becoming one of the best strikers in world football, Dier, Alli and Rose all becoming England internationals and having 4 players in TOTY.

We will grow.

It's been an exceptional season. We will potentially be finishing SECOND. When was the last time we EVER finished in the top 2? We have the best defence in the league and arguably the best attack. We have the youngest team and we've seen memorable moments like smashing Man City at home, dominating West Ham at home, that glorious 6 minutes at home to Man Utd. Kane becoming one of the best strikers in world football, Dier, Alli and Rose all becoming England internationals and having 4 players in TOTY.

We will grow.
Exactly. And right now, it looks like we'll be going into the summer with the following things on offer:

• London based club
  • State of the art training centre
  • Champions league football
  • Moving into a new stadium in two years
  • A settled manager who is just about to sign a contract extension and has the 'if they're good enough, they're old enough' philosophy
  • Attractive football
  • A united fanbase who doesn't feel the need to print out A4 signs
  • Bonus: if a Belgium or French player is interested in joining - they'll have half the bloody Belgium national team/the French captain here to play alongside.
Edit: AND for what feels like the first time, we're coming off the back of a successful season without the fear of losing any of our key players.

Drinkwater will be out of the next game, but Vardy will be back.
Huth and Fellaini should be charged the both of them if rules are the same. Alli's supension was correct, but the two of them should get three games too. One for pulling someone hair(!) and one for hitting an opponent in the face with an elbow (again..).

Back
Top Bottom