Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something i just don't get on these forums the last weeks...Have we done a secret signing of Schneiderlin? because every single one of you are writing about him like he's an ordinary now..

:sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf:

Something i just don't get on these forums the last weeks...Have we done a secret signing of Schneiderlin? because every single one of you are writing about him like he's an ordinary now..

:sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf:

Because the title of the thread suggests it's entirely and essentially speculation? If I was curious as to the lineups people believed we'd see from our current players, I'd have labeled the thread as such. Otherwise, it seems the majority managed to understand what was being asked.

We are THREE weeks away from the first game - so my bet would be Poch will use the players he has been working with ATM (exception Lloris, Vertonghen) unless say Schneiderlin comes in as Poch will use the players he is coaching the way he sees appropriate - his system, not views they have brought back from WC.
I see the likes of Sandro (if he stays), Paulie, Dembele, Bents etc .... either bench or not playing.
Based on the USA group, Lloris Vertonghen excepted.
.....................Lloris
Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies
..............Capoue, Holtby
......Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend
................Soldado

Both Holtby and Townie are looking fit will press according to the Poch system, will link well and Townie can finish better than Lennon.

4-1-4-1:
Lloris. Walker. Chriches. Vert. Davies (4) Capoue (1) Townsend. Holtby/Bentalab. Eriksen. Lamala (4) Ade (1) Or!
4-1-3-2:
Change: Holtby/Bentalab out for Soldado along side Ade.

4-1-4-1:
Lloris. Walker. Chriches. Vert. Davies (4) Capoue (1) Townsend. Holtby/Bentalab. Eriksen. Lamala (4) Ade (1) Or!
4-1-3-2:
Change: Holtby/Bentalab out for Soldado along side Ade.

There really isn't a hole lot of difference in these lineups and I feel childish pointing this out, but Poch has almost entirely rolled with a 4-2-3-1 in his managerial career. Just worth noting while considering these here lineups.

In the spirit of having finally made an official signing, I'm curious to see some of your first choice lineups you expect to see come the end of the transfer window. Note this is what you expect, not necessarily what you want to see. As a certain poster has also been seen-binned for I think the fifth time, his ban should almost reach September so folks can post in safety of not being assaulted as they were in the "Poch's lineup" thread.

For me:

-------------Lloris--------------
Walk--Astori--Verts--Davies
-------Paul--Schneider-------
-Lamela--Eriksen--Kono-
--------------Ade--------------

Until I see us linked with another first choice CB, I've just utterly no clue. Until then, I'm just going to guess Baldini finds a cheap deal for Astori at Cagliari. As for LW, that one's also a bit of a guess considering we've seen quite a few reports suggesting Kono's contract is some bullshit, and I think there's genuine interest in Griezmann. That having been said, I think a fucked contract Kono is still more realistic than Griezmann. Cheers to hope though, and I know I'd personally be delighted with either.

What're yours TFC?
How can you possibly name players we haven't signed. Your basing these signings based on something you read in the Sun. Our transfer activity will be minimal, and based on what players we can off load, and don't think that will be easy. I am expecting a centre half, and that's about it.

------------------- Lloris

Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Davies

---------- Sandro ------ Dembele
------------------ Eriksen

Lamela ------ Soldado ------- Adebayor

Swap Ade out for a proper left winger who can cut inside on his right and i think thats what id hope to see

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Vlaar, Vertonghen, Davies, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela, Eriksen, Konoplyanka, Soldado][/formation]

Could imagine us bringing in Schneiderlin if Sandro leaves, Vlaar seems like a great signing to me, would rather see Richards tho. Konoplyanka would be a great signing, but I'm still dreaming of Griezzman, but I have a feeling that we won't sign any LW this window

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
Capoue Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor

Annoying left wing situation but tbf I'd play an actual left winger there over putting strikers there or whatever. Townsend maybe but Id bring him on as a sub for running against tired defenders.

As well as Capoue and Dembele I'd be happy with Sandro and Bentaleb personally.

Lloris
Walker-Daws-Verts-Davies
Dembele-Paulinho
Lamela-Eriksen-Lennon
Ade
...Kaboul and Sandro are done - we don't need a red card every other game...Daws can (somewhat) cover Vert's offensive runs...Townsend, Rose, Capoue, Bentaleb, Chadli, Vorm, Naughton, Holtby, etc. can play the cup games...
COYS

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Dembele/Paulinho, Lennon/Holtby, Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]

Front 3 all interchanging like they have been in the 3 games so far. Lennon or Holtby for the work rates.

I am not a massive fan of either Dembele or Paulinho, I would rather we signed some one with a better passing range and vision than them. Dembele would be useful in keeping the ball but gives away so many free kicks for pointless fouls. Paulinho has a good engine and useful for arriving in the box to support forward players on the counter. I guess Pochettino will choose who he prefers out of the two of them unless another player comes in.

I am very excited to see how the other players will fit into the system we have been playing in America.

How can you possibly name players we haven't signed. Your basing these signings based on something you read in the Sun. Our transfer activity will be minimal, and based on what players we can off load, and don't think that will be easy. I am expecting a centre half, and that's about it.

How are so many failing to comprehend the question? I specifically asked what one expects to see, or their best guess, not what they want to see. It was meant to be based on speculation. Simple, simple reading comprehension.

I don't even read your rags, so fuck right off with that naive ass accusation. Not sure you even read to the part where Astori (haven't even been linked with him) was even just a filler for a new CB, and Kono simply the most likely acquisition at LW, and if you haven't seen the links with Schneiderlin by now then that's just simply pathetic you'd use such ignorance to cunt another person off.

Last edited:
How are so many failing to comprehend the question? I specifically asked what one expects to see, or their best guess, not what they want to see. It was meant to be based on speculation. Simple, simple reading comprehension.

I don't even read your rags, so fuck right off with that naive ass accusation. Not sure you even read to the part where Astori (haven't even been linked with him) was even just a filler for a new CB, and Kono simply the most likely acquisition at LW, and if you haven't seen the links with Schneiderlin by now then that's just simply pathetic you'd use such ignorance to cunt another person off.

I think the main point is that how can someone expect us to start the season with a Southampton player in our midfield..?

I think the main point is that how can someone expect us to start the season with a Southampton player in our midfield..?

Because the name of the thread is "YOUR expected....." If its my lineup I could have Zidane starting in midfield, just to see you cunts get your panties in a twist.

Back
Top Bottom