Would you still sign Berahino?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you pay for Saido (if anything)?

• Total voters
I understand West Brom fan's anger towards us and Berahino. It has happened to us enough. However one thing on their forum they mention is that he has gained a lot of weight. Not sure if January is the best time to buy him. Although might be cheaper due to his fitness. Personally i think there are better options all over Europe.

Please Levy bring in Embolo

Embolo killed millions of Africans, and we don't want it over here.

Nor was Dier 6 months ago. Surely one of them at least (I would say Bentaleb is better suited) can be molded into a DM?

It's the only role he's really played in a Spurs shirt since his debut 12 months ago...
I think we dropped really lucky with Dier. He's played in 3 positions for us & hasn't looked out of place in any of them. The fact he is excelling sitting in front of the back four is testament to what a great talent he is. I'm not so sure that every player is as adaptable as Eric. The "utility" player was historically a cursed role with the player having to play second fiddle in a number of different positions- the jack of all trades role. Dier has learned (or was just a born natural) the DM role with alarming ease.

It's been made slightly easier for him because Jan & Toby have been excellent, but that shouldn't take any credit away from Eric. It's a pretty special player IMO who takes to a new position in the EPL, like a duck to water & ends up getting into the national team in that position within a couple of months.

We shouldn't be surprised if others can't adapt as quickly or take a long time to learn the role

I would only buy him at £15m. The issue I have with him is his attitude, which is pretty obvious for everyone to see.

If I had 18months left on my contract ( Which I think he has) with the euros coming up, I would be busting a nut in training and making sure I was the first name on the team sheet. I Wouldn't turn up overweight and late. I certainly wouldn't want to be pissing off the only guy that has stuck up for me through the whole process (Pulis).

I would then go to the Euros come back and sign a pre contract with the club of my choice with a hefty signing on fee. That's the only way to show two fingers to their chairman. Berinho has handled it wrong, even if he was promised a move.

On the other hand he has played with a lot of our players before with England so he could slot right in once Poch has got him up to full fitness.

No one in their right mind is going to pay more than £15m for Berahino considering he has only scored 3 goals this season (although the fault for that probably lies with West Brom). His contract runs out in 2017 and Peace will be begging teams to take him of their hands this summer. I'd love to see Berahino stick out the rest of his contract if he doesn't get his move this month.

It would be nice to see the stupid look on Peace's face when Berahino leaves for nothing.

I've said no to signing him, he comes over as a bit of a spoilt brat, and I think he would upset the balance and team spirit that Poch has built. Maybe if he became available at a very low price, I might consider it, but I think we should go shopping elsewhere.

I think we should definitely sign him. Everyone said they'd be concerned about him not wanting to sit on the bench, but he's proved us all wrong on that one. Who cares if he's only scored 3 goals? His bench sitting capabilities have been proved to any casual watcher of the game. And our bench is clearly a lot more comfortable than WBA's.

I think Poch could really turn him around and help him to shine on and off the pitch. I say sign him but include some performance based conditions in the contract as well as bonuses give him the motivation to want to do well.

I'm not sure we've done anything wrong. We put in reasonable bids for him. We wanted him, he wanted to sign for us but the owner of the club he's at has kept him against his wishes and that was never going to go down well
If I remember correctly Berahino and his agents were heavily hinting the chairman had promised if a certain bid came in he could leave. That bid did come in and chairman said no. Understand his frustration but obviously don't agree with publicly mugging off the club.

I would sign him in a heart beat. He was who Poch wanted. Young, English and very talented. Could play a wide role and up top.

His development has been stifled a little, but it is only 6months since we were offering 25mil.

I would offer 15 + townsend (or the amount we can get for townsend).

The bids we put in for him were more than reasonable, he was promised a move if that offer came in and wasn't given it cos the chairman got greedy so I don't blame him for wanting away from such a shit club and stone age manager. The twitter rant wasn't very professional but then neither was the treatment he got.
Their loss now anyway, his valuation has dropped significantly, the manager isn't playing him and it will continue to drop so a small club is losing their biggest asset for less and less the longer they hold onto him.

I would take him for sure but no more than 15m

I'm not sure we've done anything wrong. We put in reasonable bids for him. We wanted him, he wanted to sign for us but the owner of the club he's at has kept him against his wishes and that was never going to go down well

Didn't say we did anything wrong, just that that transfer saga got into his head quite a bit.

I'd sign him. He's acted up a bit which gives the impression of a bad attitude, but he's only sulking because he clearly wants to join us. He seems quite versatile and I think we still need a 'proper' number 9 as back up to Kane.

Back
Top Bottom