Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andy Booth for me.... that was a dark moment in my history of supporting spurs. I thought it couldn't get any worse when the club announced that signing.

Damn, you beat me to it.

I think the worst thing about it was he was on loan from Sheff Wed as a replacement for long term injured Teddy Sheringham.

Yes that's right he was seen as a fucking replacement for Teddy Sheringham.

Jesus wept.

ghaly, soldado and paulinho (for price and expectations), gary doherty, Postiga, routledge, boateng, tarabat.
dempsey and danny murphy were pretty shit here too.

Bobby 'Booby' Mimms the worst GK I saw in a Spurs shirt.

I am also going to throw Kevin Scott into the mix here, but nothing can take away the nightmare of Stuart Nethercott - I knew he was never going to make it at the top level when I saw him get done for pace by a veteran Ian Marshall ffs

Remember Jose Dominquez being on fire for the first 5 minutes of his Spurs career. Then his step over move got figured out and he was dog shit from then on. Used to cringe so hard when he coming on as a sub.

Vlad Chiriches. Surprised to see him mentioned only once, but he is the stand out worst buy since I have been a supporter.

His agent saying that he wanted to use as a stepping stone (worked out well, didn't it) for a bigger club, his drinking problem and just his whole appereance. Weak, not the fastest, not the tallest and most of the time holding onto the ball for too long. Romanian John Stones.

Drilled my remote through the TV when he conceded the red card in our thrashing at Stoke some years ago. Got completely done on two occasions with Diouf. Was sold after that, and rightly so. Fuck him.

Argued with some Romanian fans back then, they told me that we are ruining his career, the captain of their country. They didn't want to hear any criticism on him. Just couldn't and can't stand Chiriches. On a sidenote, I never even heard him speaking any English.

Vlad Chiriches. Surprised to see him mentioned only once, but he is the stand out worst buy since I have been a supporter.

His agent saying that he wanted to use as a stepping stone (worked out well, didn't it) for a bigger club, his drinking problem and just his whole appereance. Weak, not the fastest, not the tallest and most of the time holding onto the ball for too long. Romanian John Stones.

Drilled my remote through the TV when he conceded the red card in our thrashing at Stoke some years ago. Got completely done on two occasions with Diouf. Was sold after that, and rightly so. Fuck him.

Argued with some Romanian fans back then, they told me that we are ruining his career, the captain of their country. They didn't want to hear any criticism on him. Just couldn't and can't stand Chiriches. On a sidenote, I never even heard him speaking any English.

He's just over 6' tall, which isn't short, but yes he's a couple of CM shorter than the average modern CB.

He suffers from the same issue that Vertonghen does - Midfielder in denial syndrome. Chiriches seemed to think that he was amazeballs because he could plough forwards and leave a hole in the defence with toe-pokery nonsense.

Possibly the worst of the AVB buys for sure.

Sorry mate it was the worst game of football I've ever seen - it was terrible.
Agree, Justin Edinburgh had the right idea by sticking one on Robbie Savage. Unfortunately a few of our fans also stuck ones on Leicester fans, turned out Leicester players were selling tickets on the black market to make a few quid and the tickets for Leicester fans ended up in spurs fans hands.......

Can't believe no one mentioned Ramon Vega yet...
My overriding memory of Vega will always be the one and only time I crashed my car. 1997 (or maybe 1998?), driving home listening to England v Switzerland on the radio and Vega scores against us. 10 seconds later, with a little thanks to someone else nearly running into me at the same time, I'm up the back of some woman (and not in a good way).

Always wondered if the guy who nearly ran into me from the side was listening to the match at too.

I have an awful feeling that the 'Worst' Spurs players are about to outnumber the 'Best'...

once that happens, this threads needs to close and die. Stay closed and stay dead!!

I never liked Anthony Gardner...a distinct lack of concentration and ability, and couldn't jump for toffee. I remember seeing him outjumped by Kevin Phillips once at WHL.

:avbshock:

Has Paolo Tramezzani made an appearance yet?
Jeez, and some people moan about Ben Davies... he was Cafu compared to Tramezzani!

Pauliniho maybe not the worst to play for us but in the ratio of expectation to performance he was fucking atrocious.

Kind of like paying for a Rolex be getting some cheap Chinese knock off. Some of his passes where the worst I can remember of any Spurs player, the ball often just got booted out of play. Still he was sometimes dangerous around the box.

Kind of like paying for a Rolex be getting some cheap Chinese knock off. Some of his passes where the worst I can remember of any Spurs player, the ball often just got booted out of play. Still he was sometimes dangerous around the box.

Paulinho, Gomes, Gilberto...
of all the sublimely gifted Brazilians to play football down the years, we got those three!

Paulinho, Gomes, Gilberto...
of all the sublimely gifted Brazilians to play football down the years, we got those three!

Bit unfair on Gomes.

As Watford are seeing, he's a fantastic keeper, he's just a bit clumsy.

My memory may be tricking me, but I'm sure Gomes saved a lot of penalties for us - I'm not so sure I can say I've seen many from Lloris?

Back
Top Bottom