Worst match you've ever been to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was about 9, maybe 10 so excuse my iffy memory. The fact that I can still remember his shit excuse for a performance shows how bad it was. In fact, I think I can remember every other game I have ever been to from 1991 onwards yet all I can remember about the game in question is Jason Dozzell might say something.

I don't know if this helps but dozzell runs football coaching sessions in the summer holidays. My boy went to one last summer and proudly told dozzell ' my dad says you are the worst player he has ever seen in a spurs shirt!' Dozzell just laughed

This actually tops the previous summer when he was away with his mum and her family and went up to a scouse family, one of whom was wearing a Liverpool shirt and said ' you're a bin dipper'

Did I get earache for that

I don't know if this helps but dozzell runs football coaching sessions in the summer holidays. My boy went to one last summer and proudly told dozzell ' my dad says you are the worst player he has ever seen in a spurs shirt!' Dozzell just laughed

This actually tops the previous summer when he was away with his mum and her family and went up to a scouse family, one of whom was wearing a Liverpool shirt and said ' you're a bin dipper'

My mates boys play for Ipswich and I'm sure he's one of their coaches.

A lot of these are bringing up bad memories, mostly from shit Spurs performances and defeats, but one I haven't seen mentioned yet was definitely the worst football match I can remember going to; Fulham at home in 2006.

We were right down the front in East and I still remember Rosenior (Liam, or Leroy, I forget which is younger) was the stand-out at right-back directly in front of where we were. Davids played about 20 minutes and was the only one who seemed to realise drawing at home to Fulham wasn't a great result.

Fairly certain this was the period where Jol kept playing 4 centre-midfiders because we had no wingers.

are you a hibby?

Na. A mate of mine is. I don't really support any scottish teams as I'm not overly awed with the quality of the football played. If I had to pick a team it's probably got to be East Fife since my company used to do a fair bit of work with them and they were always so generous with their hospitality to us.

0-0 away to oxford in the late 80s, it was the coldest and most bored i think I've ever been. Even my pie was still frozen in the middle.

I was there and it was dire, but not as bad as the 0-3 v Sheff Weds earlier which was the end of Gross. If you'd told me that we'd win a cup beating MU and Liverpool (a), I'd have had you sectioned.

I was there and it was dire, but not as bad as the 0-3 v Sheff Weds earlier which was the end of Gross. If you'd told me that we'd win a cup beating MU and Liverpool (a), I'd have had you sectioned.
I'd completely forgotten our road to the final included those two wins. I can't find any footage of them.

Father of the year, clearly!

:ap:

I bet Boro had that bloke up front who always scored against us ... Hamilton Ricard?? 2 games a season he was Lionel Messi, the other 36 he was Lionel Blair.
Yeah, he got 2. We do have a habit of making shit players look good at times. I remember obefemi Martins scoring a couple when Newcastle spanked us a few seasons ago. That was before he disappeared to the MLS and started scoring for fun

Back
Top Bottom