Wilfried Bony

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tricky

Supporter
Man up and LOL
Can't find a thread on this guy in my 18 second boolean search of the forum, sooooooooo.

Bony?

anyone?

anyone?

strong, and a real handful?

Reminds me of Demba Ba when he was good.

I would.

Just sayin'.

Not the fastest, makes up for it with his strength and finishing. His headers are amazing. Was the best player in the Eredivisie by far scoring 31 goals his last season. Slow start but doing very good now at Swansea. Would have him here.

I wanted us to sign him last summer. Couldn't believe it when he joined Swansea for something like £12m. Instead we were busy looking at Benturkey and Soldado for at least twice the price.

Was quite apprehensive when he was linked with West Ham from Vitesse and remember being a bit annoyed that he went to Swansea for such a small fee.. Think he'd do well for us to be honest, similar to Ade but more of an out-and-out striker and better at finishing.

Can't find a thread on this guy in my 18 second boolean search of the forum, sooooooooo.

Bony?

anyone?

anyone?

strong, and a real handful?

Reminds me of Demba Ba when he was good.

I would.

Just sayin'.

yes, yes , yes

72 goals in his last 111 games over the last three seasons (one of which was in a completely new league). That's more than just a run.
In weaker leagues. He would have to be top four quality for him to meet the club's expectations. From that point of view he is unproven. Like I say, mixed feelings....

In weaker leagues. He would have to be top four quality for him to meet the club's expectations. From that point of view he is unproven. Like I say, mixed feelings....

Still not a bad record. Almost one in two, three years ago. Averaged better than a goal a game two years ago, and almost one in two again last season (including goals against the top four).

Still only 25 as well.

Still not a bad record. Almost one in two, three years ago. Averaged better than a goal a game two years ago, and almost one in two again last season (including goals against the top four).
Soldado's record is similar - in a stronger league.

I rest my case.

Let's be honest here, there's always a risk factor with anyone who is unproven at the highest level. Again, mixed feelings.

I rest my case.

Let's be honest here, there's always a risk factor with anyone who is unproven at the highest level. Again, mixed feelings.

Eh? Bony did well in the Premier League in his first season. He's already shown that he can perform well in England, and scored against City, Woolwich, United, Liverpool, and us. I don't think he'd be that much of a risk.

He's got qualities similar to Adebayor.

But what I like about him is he actually seems to put a massive shift in EVERY game, not just when he feels like it.

I rest my case.

But that is the same of anyone, no?

We've taken a risk with players in the (recent) past, and Bony has been, so far, a success - and improving in a side that has looked poorer by the week.

I think Benteke still has all the attributes too - either of them would be a good signing.

I rest my case.

There is a risk factor in any signing!

Personally, I would definitely take him for a reasonable price. But I think we would have to shift one of our strikers...

Back
Top Bottom