White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've only ever been to the lane once and it wasn't for a match but I'm getting quite emotional reading these past few pages. I don't have the connection to the place that you guys do but it is both saddening and exciting that we will be leaving it after this season. Hopefully, the new place lives up to her legacy

11 wins in 13 home games this season in all competitions. Fortress!

Wycombe
Middlesbrough
Gent
Stoke
Everton
Southampton
Watford
Bournemouth
Woolwich
Man Utd

Remain (although further FA Cup and Europa League games will come into it I am sure). I personally think the hardest home games have gone and we've got through them. We could really go the whole season unbeaten at home. When was the last time that happened!?

The atmosphere in that North London Derby is going to be UNREAL

Wycombe
Middlesbrough
Gent
Stoke
Everton
Southampton
Watford
Bournemouth
Woolwich
Man Utd

Remain (although further FA Cup and Europa League games will come into it I am sure). I personally think the hardest home games have gone and we've got through them. We could really go the whole season unbeaten at home. When was the last time that happened!?

Gent is at Wembley.

Getting to the entrance for the Paxton now means you look up and round and see the skeleton of the new ground - it's like the Coliseum!!! And if that doesn't move you, the hoardings around the ground on the High Street will surely bring on the tears. TBH, I don't really want to move, as have so many memories (good and bad), but assume too difficult to develop each stand separately. But I know the new stadium will knock our socks off, and we will make new memories.

Today it has probably been my last game at the old Lane.

The game was so good that I didn't feel more emotional than as usual....until (while being 3-0 up, if I remember) we were singing "Oh when the Spurs....". All of a sudden , while singing "I wanna be in that number" I looked at the far right corner of the Lane, at the beast that is being built.... and I went very emotional about the FUTURE. I think we are in for some unbelievable moments in the future seasons... but now let's see what we can do in this one.

The sky is the limit

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. Stadium construction well ahead of schedule.
Tottenham Stadium News That Will Shock Spurs Fans | VitalFootball.co.uk
No apologies necessary but this article is largely a repost of something discussed vociferously in the Stadium thread and widely considered to be bollocks. The considered opinion of the construction experts on SkyScraperCiry is that the build is going smoothly and two weeks or so on either side of on schedule but there is no way our design or the authorities would allow us to move in early.

Wycombe
Middlesbrough
Gent
Stoke
Everton
Southampton
Watford
Bournemouth
Woolwich
Man Utd

Only 8 PL games left at home? I have only been a fan for around 5 years now, but I'm certainly going to miss WHL.

I know we feel the media likes to ignore us but it's coming down to the wire for WHL and literally no one is talking about it. At this point last season they couldn't stop talking about Upton Park.

WHL is one of the most historic grounds in England, when are they ever going to start mentioning us leaving it?

I know we feel the media likes to ignore us but it's coming down to the wire for WHL and literally no one is talking about it. At this point last season they couldn't stop talking about Upton Park.

WHL is one of the most historic grounds in England, when are they ever going to start mentioning us leaving it?

We've had loads of mentions by commentators during our games. I don't recall many people caring about Upton Park except commentators whenever they were on television and the latter part of the season where it was coming to an end.

I imagine the same will continue to happen and we'll get more mentions when it's finally coming to that end. North London Derby and Man Utd to come.

They were talking about the Boleyn Ground, which was weird.

We've had loads of mentions by commentators during our games. I don't recall many people caring about Upton Park except commentators whenever they were on television and the latter part of the season where it was coming to an end.

I imagine the same will continue to happen and we'll get more mentions when it's finally coming to that end. North London Derby and Man Utd to come.
Meh, I feel they haven't made an issue out of it like they did with West Ham. Sure they mention it, especially when an entire corner is missing, but that's it.

Why do you want it? Thought the hype arround WHU leaving their ground was cringeworthy. They were mocked by every club. It had come to pass it was, as we all knew anyway, a marketing campaign designed to drum up business for a new stadium that's too big for them. They were moving home, franchised thier club? We are not.

We have a championship to focus on winning. Let's not fucking turn it into a side show, don't need gimmicks.

Back
Top Bottom