White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Save money on magazines and newspapers by ordering custom ransom cards from moonpig.com.

I'm not speaking from experience, but I expect the whole 'blackmail' thing gets a bit ineffective when they have your debit card details and email address....
:sonpoint:

Today 1901 was the first time we played an FA Cup match at White Hart Lane. We drew 1-1 against Preston. Going on to win the replay 2-4
C4HdW80WYAAXkpk.jpg:large

A few more rumours circulating today that we're staying put next season.
Ahh the Spurs supporters and their Chinese whispers. No one knows, not even the club. We are still waiting on Wembley to confirm if they can hold extra games at full capacity. In addition there is our build and where that is at scheduling wise. 20th March is when we have to confirm I think, so we will not know until then.

Is that possible when the new stadium will take over a large part of the old?

They would havd to get move on in the summer.
That's what puzzles me too. But laying new flooring in the toilets, nothing from the club to build up to our last games, no celebratory merchandise, no plans for a big send off....it all adds fuel to the fire...very strange.
Not that I'm a paranoic conspiracy theorist like

Is that possible when the new stadium will take over a large part of the old?

They would havd to get move on in the summer.
This.

From a practical point of view it doesn't seem realistic and they presumably get so far and then have to down tools until the season finishes. Seems very late in the day to put all those contractors in a position of uncertainty.

BTW, this rumour of staying comes from the latest THST minutes if anyone's wondering.

My last game was the Stoke 4-0 win just last week. It's a beautiful stadium and seeing the construction work already being put into it makes me a little emotional.

Please promise me if you go you'll actually sing your heart out for the 90 minutes

The rumors this time is for next year at old WHL, 18-19 at Wembley and 19-20 opening NWHL. Current popular opinion on SSC is that these rumors are largely unfounded. The perception is that the build is close to the schedule and that most 5-13-17 the building will fly up and that there should not be a reason to think that it will not be ready for August 2019. It is certainly unknowable how much work is limited on matchdays and the surrounding days. I have to imagine that work will accelerate greatly after the MANU game.

There is no possibility of staying at WHL next season, I wish there were as I think we would win the title in our little fortress.
The new build is underway and cannot be altered. Delaying the build would cost millions, the contractors are all in place and they run like clockwork.
The only undecided is whether we move to Wembley or MK, and whether we will be away from home for one season or two.

There is no possibility of staying at WHL next season, I wish there were as I think we would win the title in our little fortress.
The new build is underway and cannot be altered. Delaying the build would cost millions, the contractors are all in place and they run like clockwork.
The only undecided is whether we move to Wembley or MK, and whether we will be away from home for one season or two.
If you read the minutes of the meeting Levy clearly states moving away for 2 seasons is NOT an option, whereas staying at WHL next season IS an option. And MK has NEVER been an option.
So, we either play at wembley next season and move into the new ground for 18/19, or., we stay at WHL next season and everything is put back for another year. It's in the minutes of the meeting. Section 2, "timeline for wembley decision and fan communication " Black and white.

Last edited:
If you read the minutes of the meeting Levy clearly states moving away for 2 seasons is NOT an option, whereas staying at WHL next season IS an option. And MK has NEVER been an option.
So, we either play at wembley next season and move into the new ground for 18/19, or., we stay at WHL next season and everything is put back for another year. It's in the minutes of the meeting. Section 2, "timeline for wembley decision and fan communication " Black and white.
If we do go back to WHL next season does the original plan come back into play. crowd moves into the new stadium with only 3 stands built then the last stand comes the following season.

Back
Top Bottom