White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do you want it? Thought the hype arround WHU leaving their ground was cringeworthy. They were mocked by every club. It had come to pass it was, as we all knew anyway, a marketing campaign designed to drum up business for a new stadium that's too big for them. They were moving home, franchised thier club? We are not.

We have a championship to focus on winning. Let's not fucking turn it into a side show, don't need gimmicks.
I agree about the circus that was WHU leaving. We don't have to focus on leaving, but for such a historic ground being gone it would be nice to get a bit more conversation about it from the media. Just my opinion.

I agree about the circus that was WHU leaving. We don't have to focus on leaving, but for such a historic ground being gone it would be nice to get a bit more conversation about it from the media. Just my opinion.
What do you want them to say? All that was done last year was "it's going to be the last time xxx plays at Upton Park". Then went on to say they are going to be champions because they are moving.

When I have watched back a game on the TV they have mentioned it. BBC have mentioned it every time, done a couple of mini-features, one of them also talking about new training ground and new stadium.

WHL is one of the most historic grounds in England, when are they ever going to start mentioning us leaving it?
Probably when the heirarchy at Spurs actually confirms it. All we've had so far is talk of options, rumours and conjecture. Nothing concrete. And the club themselves don't seem to be making much song and dance about it. The Chelsea game for instance. The last ever meeting between two great old rivals at WHL. Surely a historic occasion. But nothing on the website to celebrate it. The villa game could have been the last ever FA Cup game. Again, nothing. So it's not surprising the media are struggling to get an erection over it when the club can't even get a semi'

Does anyone else think they'll move the 'Final Game at WHL' against man Utd to the Monday...?

They moved the final West Ham/Upton Park game to midweek, just to keep it separate from the Weekend 'Super Sunday madness' and to have it under lights...

I've got a weird feeling this will also be re-scheduled for MNF !!!

...any thoughts?

Last edited:
Does anyone else think they'll move the 'Final Game at WHL' against man Utd to the Monday...?

They moved the final West Ham/Upton Park game to midweek, just to keep it separate from the Weekend 'Super Sunday madness' and to have it under lights...

...any thought?
I think it's a very real possibility.

...any thought?
Wasn't the West Ham - Man Utd game only midweek because one of them was in the FA Cup Quarter Final, which was the same weekend as the original fixture?

Wasn't the West Ham - Man Utd game only midweek because one of them was in the FA Cup Quarter Final, which was the same weekend as the original fixture?
I think you're right...

But having had it happen that way, the added 'spice' that the Night-time k.o gave the fixture (added to the fact Man Utd couldn't cope with Rush-hour traffic... again) I'm pretty sure SKY will want to repeat the trick, in order to maximise interest, to generate the potential for 'a lively atmosphere'...
...and let's not kid ourselves, despite Sky/BBC/Media in general 'condoning' football violence and trouble, when there is the merest hint of some, they're all fucking over it with their camera footage, and 'holier than though' attitude... but they know full well what the armchair fan wants and what generates 'viewing figures'!

...and, let's face it, a night-time game against Man Utd will be good old send off to WHL.

Don't understand why people care so much about playing on a Friday, Saturday evening or Monday. Personally I think it is great and provides more for the neutral. Playing on a Sunday can be annoying but teams have to if they play on Thursday. Everyone is always talking about how great Saturday at 3pm is. Don't get it myself.
From a purely selfish reason, i like Sunday kOs as i don't have to worry about whether i am working or not.I work every other Saturday,so messes things up a lot throughout the season.

Don't understand why people care so much about playing on a Friday, Saturday evening or Monday. Personally I think it is great and provides more for the neutral. Playing on a Sunday can be annoying but teams have to if they play on Thursday. Everyone is always talking about how great Saturday at 3pm is. Don't get it myself.
with respect... FUCK THE NEUTRAL

...they don't support my team... I only want what's best for Tottenham. The 'neutral' wasn't punching the TV yesterday when ArseAnal scored a cunt'o'clock penalty to render our point on Saturday virtually redundant.

The 'Neutral' was probably calmly opening another can of beer, whilst Face-Twatting his friends to tell them all he was watching the telly!

BTW... the fuck has happened to my font?

Back
Top Bottom