Which administration do you think has been the best?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another thing to note is that Scholar and Sugar combined are 6 years short of Levys 23 years in charge. Its crazy to be in control that long. Its impossible to stay fresh with ideas and not get detached from reality, particulaly if you surround yourself with nodding dogs in the boardroom.

David Dein was at woolwich for a similar time. Impressive guy.

Although I think he 100% backed Wenger and let him handle the football side of things.

David Dein was at woolwich for a similar time. Impressive guy.

Although I think he 100% backed Wenger and let him handle the football side of things.
That's because Wenger and Fergie were the real deal.
Very few out there since that can claim to have that level of talent.
Sure, Wenger became a bit irrelevant towards the end, but he changed football, not many people can say that.
And we got Christian fucking Gross.

Sidney Whale and Arthur Richardson.
Ran the club as a football club .
Not like todays cunts .
Jesus, are you 200 years old?
That was a completely different time. When star footballers lived in the terraced house at the end of the block and the chairman was the local millionaire who owned a string of butchers shops, the club was run on his largesse and it cost two bob to get into the schoolboy’s enclosure.

Jesus, are you 200 years old?
That was a completely different time. When star footballers lived in the terraced house at the end of the block and the chairman was the local millionaire who owned a string of butchers shops, the club was run on his largesse and it cost two bob to get into the schoolboy’s enclosure.
Today the successful owners are billionaires with a desire to win things and launder their money.
It's always the wealthiest ones that succeed. ENIC may have a high net worth, but I bet they don't have tonnes of liquid cash to plough in like the oil barrons

No, the the West Stand was what caught out Arthur Richardson. Scholar anticipated their under-estimation of the West Stand development and used that as an opportunity to worm his way into the board. 10 years later, he made the same mistake on the opposite side of the stadium.

My information is from Julie Welch's history.
You are correct, it was the East stand.

What do you know about these guys, anything in particular?
They were old school local businessmen who basically kept their traps shut and let the football men run the club. This was the ownership model preferred by Keith Burkinshaw. When Scholar became chairman, he involved himself a lot more in team affairs which led to Burkinshaw's resignation in 1984.

They were old school local businessmen who basically kept their traps shut and let the football men run the club. This was the ownership model preferred by Keith Burkinshaw. When Scholar became chairman, he involved himself a lot more in team affairs which led to Burkinshaw's resignation in 1984.

I wanted him to answer ffs lol

Back
Top Bottom