What would you phase out? (or phase in?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was discussed on the pod but am interested to see what others think.

Agree with the FC lads, I'd definitely put to rest the "stand up if..." chants but, ultimately, I'd love to see the back of the half-time pitchside interviews. Nothing wrong with a bit of quiet to digest the first-half in my opinion. I just can't stand it when they wheel out some ex-player when we're getting stuffed - I'm just in no mood and it ruins the whole thing. Alternativley, phase in some harmless, inane entertainment of yesteryear, e.g. some fat bastard taking a penalty to win a holiday or something...

Judging on this year's performances I think we should get rid of the match and just have the half time entertainment if possible

In that case, I'd like to 'phase in' the drum again! WHL hasn't quite been the same since Danny the Drum was politely asked by the club to leave his drum at home!

Oh, and phase out the production and distribution of half-and-half bar scarves.... They really do add nothing to the matchday experience!

In that case, I'd like to 'phase in' the drum again! WHL hasn't quite been the same since Danny the Drum was politely asked by the club to leave his drum at home!

Oh, and phase out the production and distribution of half-and-half bar scarves.... They really do add nothing to the matchday experience!

I want to phase out you attacking small children when Harry Winks scores.

WIIIINNKKKKKSSSS!

I suppose it's just me, but there's something deeply disturbing about 1882'ers talking about phasing out things that contribute to the atmosphere.
Agree entirely, also it is about encouraging creativity in order to enhance the atmosphere surely, something the 1882'ers would not disagree with.

:sherwoodwtf:

_63638222_tony_pulis.jpg

I want to phase out you attacking small children when Harry Winks scores.

That was pretty bad, wasn't it? Thought her mum was gonna kill me!
I felt awful... especially as we'd spent the last half hour or so ridiculing Wenger for doing pretty much the same thing (though not from such a height!)
The only positive I could glean from it, was that this must SURELY spell the end for flip-up plastic seating in 'standing' areas! (oh, and that me standing on a seat whilst well and truly 'Vladded' clearly doesn't work!)

Was discussed on the pod but am interested to see what others think.

Agree with the FC lads, I'd definitely put to rest the "stand up if..." chants but, ultimately, I'd love to see the back of the half-time pitchside interviews. Nothing wrong with a bit of quiet to digest the first-half in my opinion. I just can't stand it when they wheel out some ex-player when we're getting stuffed - I'm just in no mood and it ruins the whole thing. Alternativley, phase in some harmless, inane entertainment of yesteryear, e.g. some fat bastard taking a penalty to win a holiday or something...

I would phase out early kick off's, "Oh when the Spurs go marching in", the Europa league, women at games, and most of the players we bought last summer. Last but not least I would phase out Levy

Phase out;
- As said on the pod. Stewards. Not needed no more in this day and age and we are intelligent enough to find our own seat.
- Again said on the pod, people wearing anything red to a Spurs game. Should be strung up.
- Kids and familes in the Park Lane or Shelfside. You have your own stand!!!
- People filming any part of the match with phones/ipads.

EDIT - Also, the "Fat blokes on tour" had the misfortune of sharing a bar with them in Benfica. Mugs...

Phase in;
- Beer for European games. What the hell is the reason behind not serving us?
- Beer on the terraces, just put up nets if you don't trust us..
- Smoking areas. Or if this isn't possible because of the law, let us leave at HT then come back in.
- A cashless card system for the food/drink stalls. (Top up your membership card maybe?)
- A singing section. I don't care if its "Muggy" it improves the atmosphere. For example, Palace and United (When they did it against that Spanish side in the CL...)

Last edited:
I'd love to see the back of the half-time pitchside interviews. Nothing wrong with a bit of quiet to digest the first-half in my opinion. I just can't stand it when they wheel out some ex-player when we're getting stuffed - I'm just in no mood and it ruins the whole thing.

Even worse when they get someone to talk about cancer awareness - the primary function of the club should be to entertain the fans and win football matches.........anything else that they can do aligned to that is fine, but quite often the atmosphere needs lifting.

Phase out;
- As said on the pod. Stewards. Not needed no more in this day and age and we are intelligent enough to find our own seat.
- Again said on the pod, people wearing anything red to a Spurs game. Should be strung up.
- Kids and familes in the Park Lane or Shelfside. You have your own stand!!!
- People filming any part of the match with phones/ipads.
QUOTE]

YES! Understandable if you're a tourist / it's your first game. Otherwise, put the fucking phone away and concentrate on the game you muppet!

Back
Top Bottom