What one thing do you want from the new stadium?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Corners

No seriously hear me out. Modern stadium designs become souless bowls because we're are too much in thrall to the cult of the architect. Who strives for a seamless uniformty of design. Stadiums need corners, edges, demarcation lines where fans can lend their ownership.

The historic emotional stadiums evolve and their atmosphere is almost by accident as one stand is added to where once stood a grassy bank. The shelf sings to the paxton. In a souless bowl there is no edge, no ends, no right angles, no beginning, no end, no ownership of turf won and therefore no soul

This is fecking genius.....have a stadium, designed around the shape of a 50p piece, so there are more options, of naming all the sides after legends( Greaves, Mackey, Blanchflower, Jennings, Nicholson, Mabbutt, Hoddle, Miller .....for the 84 goal !! Ok Ossie for that song , and then we can creat singing areas, rather than the soulless "arenas" like the Library and Wembley

I would put away fans in the highest, furthest part away from the pitch, like Milan and Madrid did to us. Reasonable entrance prices. Better choice of food. Four stands named after Nicholson, Blanchflower, Mackay and Perryman. Keep White Hart Lane as the name. Safe standing for those who want it.

I would put away fans in the highest, furthest part away from the pitch, like Milan and Madrid did to us.
I have to disagree.

wh_359645c.jpg

I'm looking forward to the increased revenue to build a title winning squad.

All I want from my lifetime is to see Spurs win a league title and Scotland to qualify for a major tournament. Its making me ill the older I get.

This is fecking genius.....have a stadium, designed around the shape of a 50p piece, so there are more options, of naming all the sides after legends( Greaves, Mackey, Blanchflower, Jennings, Nicholson, Mabbutt, Hoddle, Miller .....for the 84 goal !! Ok Ossie for that song , and then we can creat singing areas, rather than the soulless "arenas" like the Library and Wembley
"We're the North North East Stand, North North East Stand, North North East Stand of White Hart Lane!"

7) Chance to "buy" a seat and have your name on it via a little plaque. Can be your season ticket for example. Exeter did this when they needed the fans to bail them out. Lovely idea. Can have your name or that of loved one permanently attached to the stadium.
That's bloody lovely. Even better if people used them as memorial plaques for people who didn't actually get to see us move into the new ground.

To absent yids, and showing that the history of the club from the old WHL is not forgotten.

rearwindow.gif

A perfect view of a Tottenham football team (at every home game) with a minimum of one player who embodies the spirit of (either)
  1. Alf Ramsey
  2. Bill Nicholson
  3. Danny Blanchflower
  4. Bobby Smith
  5. Jimmy Greaves
  6. Dave McKay
  7. Glenn Hoddle
  8. Steve Perryman
  9. Graham Roberts
  10. Gazza
  11. Gary Lineker
  12. Gareth Bale
  13. Harry Kane
Someone who walks onto the pitch and plays with a spirit that everyone of us believes is the soul we would give to be there.

Too many names missed out, I know
But Ossie Ardiles as well

That's bloody lovely. Even better if people used them as memorial plaques for people who didn't actually get to see us move into the new ground.

To absent yids, and showing that the history of the club from the old WHL is not forgotten.

rearwindow.gif

What like in memory of John Smith, who passed away whilst watching his beloved Spurs,,whilst hanging onto a 2-1 lead for the too manyth time,mane his heart could take no more and unfortunately Dr Andrew Lerner couldn't get there in time.......I reckon every seat would have a name !!

Back
Top Bottom