What gives?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alright, so as some may know, I have been out to sea for the past month. I've been sort of out of the loop as I've had pretty bad internet connectivity and I haven't been able to watch a game since we got shit on by Liverpool. I've been able to read bits and pieces, but that's about it. I've been able to put together a fairly decently idea of what has been going on and what I think needs to happen to rectify the situation (or predicament, whichever you prefer) that we're facing right now.

First off, we haven't won a game in what, three weeks? Given that we've played unbelievably easy opponents (fucking West Brom, seriously??) this has hit a point of being unacceptable for me. I'm all for backing our manager, but when he makes decisions like naming Kaboul our captain, the red flags went much higher than I can reach. I haven't had the chance to read a single thing about what people think about that decision. My wife e-mailed me and told me about it. I understand the longevity thing, but now you've got a guy out on the pitch that, in my mind, definitely doesn't deserve to get that starting position week in and week out, and he's our captain. The manager has almost forced his own hand! What does it say if he doesn't play him as much as possible? Does he have the guts to admit he made a mistake? I'm really not too sure.

Paulinho. What the absolute fuck is this guy doing on our team while at the same time we've gotten rid of Siggy and Holtby. Two known chance creators and goal scorers. I get that he had some tough decisions to make, but keeping Paulinho shouldn't have been one of them. I've been going on and on about this guy since last season!! It just makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I said I want to see us finish no lower than 8th to keep Poch on. That was a ridiculous statement. Finishing 8th would be the greatest disaster this club has seen in quite a long time. Even keeping Sherwood and we could finish higher than that. The way I see it? Unless we come out with the FA Cup we can't finish any lower than 6th.

I'm pretty drunk, and I'm in Guam. I seriously do not know if all of this made sense. I figure that there's a whole bunch of people talking about this topic right now all over the forum and if there's already a subject dealing with it feel free to move this over there.

Alright, so as some may know, I have been out to sea for the past month. I've been sort of out of the loop as I've had pretty bad internet connectivity and I haven't been able to watch a game since we got shit on by Liverpool. I've been able to read bits and pieces, but that's about it. I've been able to put together a fairly decently idea of what has been going on and what I think needs to happen to rectify the situation (or predicament, whichever you prefer) that we're facing right now.

First off, we haven't won a game in what, three weeks? Given that we've played unbelievably easy opponents (fucking West Brom, seriously??) this has hit a point of being unacceptable for me. I'm all for backing our manager, but when he makes decisions like naming Kaboul our captain, the red flags went much higher than I can reach. I haven't had the chance to read a single thing about what people think about that decision. My wife e-mailed me and told me about it. I understand the longevity thing, but now you've got a guy out on the pitch that, in my mind, definitely doesn't deserve to get that starting position week in and week out, and he's our captain. The manager has almost forced his own hand! What does it say if he doesn't play him as much as possible? Does he have the guts to admit he made a mistake? I'm really not too sure.

Paulinho. What the absolute fuck is this guy doing on our team while at the same time we've gotten rid of Siggy and Holtby. Two known chance creators and goal scorers. I get that he had some tough decisions to make, but keeping Paulinho shouldn't have been one of them. I've been going on and on about this guy since last season!! It just makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I said I want to see us finish no lower than 8th to keep Poch on. That was a ridiculous statement. Finishing 8th would be the greatest disaster this club has seen in quite a long time. Even keeping Sherwood and we could finish higher than that. The way I see it? Unless we come out with the FA Cup we can't finish any lower than 6th.

I'm pretty drunk, and I'm in Guam. I seriously do not know if all of this made sense. I figure that there's a whole bunch of people talking about this topic right now all over the forum and if there's already a subject dealing with it feel free to move this over there.
Calm down mate, and let's get behind the manager. West Brom I grant you was a 'should' win, but Partizan and Sunderland, both away, were not. We're playing one team in Europe and another in the League - and I reckon we'll see a cross section of that in the cup on Wednesday. He's got to try different things, and they won't all come off, so put some more ice in that drink of yours, and stop melting.

Oh good, another complete fucking melt thread.

Honestly, I saw less melting when they had a power cut at the local Iceland store.

This is really getting beyond embarrassing, we had a bad result and 'fans' on here are going in to a RAWK style meltdown. For those who honestly reckon we should sack anyone of the back of one result, stay out of the Lolerpool thread, the hypocrisy could actually destroy the internet!

Calm down mate, and let's get behind the manager. West Brom I grant you was a 'should' win, but Partizan and Sunderland, both away, were not. We're playing one team in Europe and another in the League - and I reckon we'll see a cross section of that in the cup on Wednesday. He's got to try different things, and they won't all come off, so put some more ice in that drink of yours, and stop melting.
Get a BBQ going too mate lots of pork sausages!:wansum:

Oh good, another complete fucking melt thread.

Honestly, I saw less melting when they had a power cut at the local Iceland store.

This is really getting beyond embarrassing, we had a bad result and 'fans' on here are going in to a RAWK style meltdown. For those who honestly reckon we should sack anyone of the back of one result, stay out of the Lolerpool thread, the hypocrisy could actually destroy the internet!

Banter

Early days, new manager has to work with the players to get his style across (the Saints players said it took 6 months to become used to Poch's methods), in the Jan transfers window Poch will have any idea about the deadwood in the squad and be able (hopefully if Levy backs him) to buy and sell to improve us.

We really need to give some serious time, otherwise we will go from manager to manager always rebuilding, we lose the next 2-3 games we need to hold our nerve. Van Gaal is one of the most successful managers ever, he always has incredibly slow starts at new clubs then transforms the club after 6-12 months, this happens time and time again (just read his record) and Man U will need to hold their nerve as well.

If Levy is determined to have a highly technical manager like Poch or Van Gaal who he originally wanted, then he and we must accept it takes time to work and while I think we need to buy some better attacking players this isn't the time to panic.

Early days, new manager has to work with the players to get his style across (the Saints players said it took 6 months to become used to Poch's methods),

Probably easier to implement the style at Southampton as no opposition managers knew what to expect, the surprise element isn't there and no one is likely to underestimate him now.

cCPh3fg.jpg

Benjamin has found out a load of stuff at once including us making Kaboul captain, and he's drunk on some local gut rot in Guam. So it seems fair to cut him some slack.

But yeah, people who want managers sacked every five minutes are mental. Just face it, we have not been a club that dominates the league in the way the chavs and man city currently do, for fucking decades. If you want a manager sacked every time we lose to a "smaller" club or get spanked by a "bigger" club then we might as well have a new manager for each month of the season.

So the NLD is now only days away but no one has the nerve to even start that match thread? If we beat Forest and say, draw the scum (or at least look competitive in defeat) is it really the end of the world? A terrible loss to be sure, but only time (and not message boards) will tell if a shock like yesterday can become a catalyst to something positive. Obviously this is not a finished product, so why judge it as one?
:gallashmm:

Back
Top Bottom