West Bromich Albion versus Tottenham Hotspur - 31st January.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst the thread seems to have descended into American bashing/defending, thought I may as well chime in and hijack:

Am going to be in Washington DC for the Fiorentina 2nd leg and NYC for the Chelsea final - anyone got any recmmendations of where to watch either match?

your hotel room with hookers and coke :townhmm:

Absolute cunt of the highest order
I once commented innocently on a USA supporter about his observations? and got FO, FU Blah blah, blah...It goes both ways? you need not to feel persecuted?

USA, Spurs supporters overseas need to ignore any comment that you find patronising. I get the frustrations bit and anger towards ignorance but you must ignore. You do understand, our the knowledge is the same? At the end of the day (old football cliche) we all want the same objective, to be the best team in the land.

Isn't it simply inferring that their fanbase is 'rent-a-crowd' plastics? I didnt even think it was poofter related :)
No it goes back years calling them <removed>s

Edit :the “Chelsea <removed>s” song is rumored to have originated in the 1980s after newspapers reported that, in a dawn raid by police, a Chelsea hooligan was found in bed with a male prostitute (or “<removed>”).

you'd think so but no doubt some mongs will get it going at whl completely ignoring the meaning of it

Those 'mongs' you refer to at WHL have never set foot outside WHL for a match, so no doubt would never have actually heard it 'live'... they're just copying the internet!

This LGBT thing has pissed me off. First up I can totally get why they may be offended. If there's too many people doing it for it to be a stewarding issue then surely the next step is to open a dialogue with the club and have them raise awareness and ask for it to stop first. If it doesn't then great, do what you feel you need to do.

One thing you don't do is CC kickitout straight off the bat. Not only is it putting the club in an awkward position but it is then potentially going to separate their supporters group from everyone else rather than bring us all together as fans of the same club. I don't recall upset Jewish fans going straight to kickitout or the police first over the use of the "Y word." Good luck trying to be part of a larger collective if your first port of call is to shop fellow fans rather than trying to make it stop with discussion.

This LGBT thing has pissed me off. First up I can totally get why they may be offended. If there's too many people doing it for it to be a stewarding issue then surely the next step is to open a dialogue with the club and have them raise awareness and ask for it to stop first. If it doesn't then great, do what you feel you need to do.

One thing you don't do is CC kickitout straight off the bat. Not only is it putting the club in an awkward position but it is then potentially going to separate their supporters group from everyone else rather than bring us all together as fans of the same club. I don't recall upset Jewish fans going straight to kickitout or the police first over the use of the "Y word." Good luck trying to be part of a larger collective if your first port of call is to shop fellow fans rather than trying to make it stop with discussion.

The thing with <removed> is they can be either straight, bi or gay so the insult itself is referring to men who sell themselves for sex not directly homosexuality, they seem somewhat confused with this argument.

That being said if the chelsea fans want to sell themselves for sex that is perfectly fine, chavs should be free to be chavs.

There are decent Spurs pubs in both cities, both conveniently located tho NYC gets far bigger numbers.

NYC is generally at o'Casey's but check nyspurs.com cos there had been some problems with that pub. Can anyone tell me v what happened there? DC spurs meet at lucky bar. You can follow both supporter groups on Twitter.

Whilst the thread seems to have descended into American bashing/defending, thought I may as well chime in and hijack:

Am going to be in Washington DC for the Fiorentina 2nd leg and NYC for the Chelsea final - anyone got any recmmendations of where to watch either match?

The thing with <removed> is they can be either straight, bi or gay so the insult itself is referring to men who sell themselves for sex not directly homosexuality, they seem somewhat confused with this argument.

That being said if the chelsea fans want to sell themselves for sex that is perfectly fine, chavs should be free to be chavs.

Agreed but I can still see why they may get offended by it. My issue is with their approach in tackling it rather than their issue with the term.

Back
Top Bottom