Watford v. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's one of those idioms I don't fully understand. You got me.

I thought for a long time that it simply meant don't be foolish enough to turn down something for free, but it's about etiquette and manners. If someone is kind enough to give you a free (horse) don't insult them by checking its teeth.

:gallashmm:

Great performance. Strange watching a whole 2nd half without being nervous.

In the end I am glad jan & walker were suspended. A nice rest before the chelsea match.
& its good wimmer & trippier got some game time too.

Love it when we get cunts like Carragher in a bind...
I don't want him to say we were brilliant, we weren't , but to say let's get Spurs , well crafted, goals out the way to concentrate on how poor Watford have been is not really called for.
They have been poor at home to Woolwich and away at Anfield.
He said Liverpool were excellent v stoke yet they were poor defensively and gifted goals to them.
He hailed coutihno as the best player in the pl after they beat Watford 6-1. It was an attacking masterclass when they did that.
Apparently according to the mirror the stats proved it was the most dominant performance in the history of the PL.
30 shots 17 on target, against Watford at home, we had 28 and 15 v Swansea and scored 5. So that's not far off a masterclass of attacking football and one of the most dominant attacking displays in the history of the PL
Is it?

Last edited:
I thought for a long time that it simply meant don't be foolish enough to turn down something for free, but it's about etiquette and manners. If someone is kind enough to give you a free (horse) don't insult them by checking its teeth.

I think you love Joe Clash Joe Clash neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh
45058f8618f99226c5547a5dd560a02b.jpg

original

This is what Carrager is worth to me. If you cant see him, he's the twonk lying face down in the mud at WHL after gifting us 3pts in the 90th minute. Cheers for that Jamie....one of three you scored for us, and a total of 7.....
SEVEN own goals in your career.

I think that for a while the highest PL goalscorers against Liverpool went:

1. Dimitar Berbatov
2. Jamie Carragher

Mature performance. Felt a bit sorry for Son today, maybe tried to hard to score one today. Good to see Wimmer and Trippier getting another game. Winks continues to rack up PL minutes.

Watford were shit, but its great to see us being effective infront of the goal again. Will need that against Chavski. Let's end their run. COYS

I think it's safe to say we've played our fair share of dross lately and this lot were up there with the worst of them. Saying that we were clinical when we needed to be.
We definitely took our foot off the gas 2nd half and had the luxury of giving important players a well earnt rest.
Fair play to Kieran Trippier, all you can do is take your chance when handed it, and he did that plus some. Great performance from him.
I think Son is more useful as a Sub, he rarely produces when he starts, but he's brilliant when he comes on.

Proper test on Wednesday and I can;t wait. We'll do them no problem. It's going to be 90 minutes of them screaming and bitching and rolling around like the bunch of little girls they are.. and the players will pretty much be the same.

4 wins on the trot... great christmas period as it usually is..

I loved the bit where he flipped Wanyama up into the air and somehow got the play on signal, stood there, got tackled, threw himself onto the floor, got treatment then got subbed.

Clearly that early warm shower was very tempting at that point.

I noticed there was only 3 minutes of added time. That little episode must have been 4 on its own. Twat.

If Spam try to give us Andrew Carroll for free we should kick them in the teeth. Even if they don't we should still kick them in the teeth.

Great win, I want to build a statue of Ser Harry Kane out of gold, myrrh and frankincense.

The last minute goal against, Woolwich beating pitiful Palace and Son missing a couple can't change the fact we are fucking good. Everyone played well, Son missed a couple but I love the fact he didn't hide. Lamela was the same when he was struggling, good players still want the ball when it's not going their way to try and play their way back into form. Another reason Ozil is a pussy. Trippier's crossing was Mitchell Thomas in his prime, fantastic pass for Kane's 1st aswell.

Bring on Commie Oil Fulham! Lets have those dirty fuckers!

Back
Top Bottom