Walker's twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's everyone's thoughts on him deleting his twitter?

I don't agree with people @ing him and abusing him but I think he needs to grow a pair and get on with it instead of running away.

Grow a pair?

Not at all. We all went nuts at the half time boo boys, but Walker should have to put up with personal abuse by our own?

Couldnt disagree more. The cunts on Twitter are the same cunts who whinge and whine on forums, and boo in the ground. The club is better off without them.

He must have had it for weeks on end, the abuse, he wouldn't have just deleted his Twitter as a knee jerk reaction.
But look at the people who abused him, they don't look like WHL regulars.

Walker is a great player who has done tottenham proud scored the winner against the scum and played his heart for us

I was next to him when the 4th went in he was visibly upset

I sang his name while some others abused him and I wasn't alone he is wearing our shirt those abuserers are proper tools

Kyle we're proud of you

Grow a pair?

Not at all. We all went nuts at the half time boo boys, but Walker should have to put up with personal abuse by our own?

Couldnt disagree more. The cunts on Twitter are the same cunts who whinge and whine on forums, and boo in the ground. The club is better off without them.
Of course the abuse is wrong but he's a professional footballer on thousands a week, he will always attract cunts wanting to abuse him when he has a bad game or 8. He must have known after the game he would be getting stick for another poor performance so why would he go on his twitter and look through his mentions? It just seems pretty stupid to me.

If I make a balls-up at work I accept that my boss may well give me a bollocking for it - though probably not if I was acting with good intentions.

What I don't accept - however much I get paid - is that our customers can then go on my facebook and call me a cunt for it. Especially as I am professional enough (and contractually obliged) not to call them cunts back.

Whether he deletes his twitter or not, doesn't make any difference to the fact the people doing it are absolute cunts. That's the only impression I take from any of this.

He should have never had a twatter. Shit is garbage and meant for self absorbed teenage fat girls in the Midwest.

Twatter and taking pictures of food with a sepia filter are two of the greatest threats to modern society.

That being said. He should have just posted something like this:

Arthur-Haters-Gonna-Hate.gif

Nothing wrong with twitter but if you're in the spotlight you're bound to get a load of shit and if he can't handle it better he gets rid now rather than later.

Walker is a young chap, and probably not the brightest in the book. He's let his emotions and the relatively new experience of major celebrity get to him. But that's only because he's young and inexperienced with being a public personality. Doesn't matter who you are in the public eye, you're gonna get shit from totoal fuckwits at some point, whether you're a footballer or otherwise, posting on Twitter or just picking up newspapers. That's just the way it is. Walker will get used to it and one day it'll be water off a duck's back. He'll probably be back on Twitter again soon anyhow.

But, come on people, he's only 22, give the guy a break with all this "man up", "can't handle it" bullshit.

I also can't help but think that the training and tactical emphasis of last year would have played to his strengths. Maybe a few more questions are being asked of him this season.

He should have never had a twatter. Shit is garbage and meant for self absorbed teenage fat girls in the Midwest.

Twatter and taking pictures of food with a sepia filter are two of the greatest threats to modern society.

That being said. He should have just posted something like this:

Arthur-Haters-Gonna-Hate.gif
No need to bring my weight in to this. I try :(

Theres a difference in getting your arse handed to you by your manager/team mates (which is only for the benefit of your development in the long term) and getting abused by cunts on a social networking site.

Granted he (and every other player) should be prepared for abuse, but theres still no excuse for it.

But then again football fans have always been knobheads - Beckham after World Cup 98 springs to mind.

Still incensed by this. Kyle Walker's a grown up so he'll get over it. But this makes our fans look like fucking pricks and is something I would expect of them lot down the road, not us.
I've felt driven to start a twitter profile dedicated to retweeting proper fans' support of Kyle Walker. He may never see it, but I think we need to prove that not all our fans are fickle cunts.
It's @OneKyleWalker if anyone wants to get involved.

:walkerwtf:

Back
Top Bottom