Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vlad Chiriches received a call from the manager of Romania for the incoming first match in the preliminaries Euro 2016 (away match in Athens,vs. Greece,on 7th september)… good for his morale that.

I think that this also means they are not going to start against Liverpool and he wants to keep them happy with that so he mentions them as a consolation prize :pochbye:
Yes, Vertonghen and Dier will play vs. Liverpool most probable as titulars,or who knows maybe he changed his mind about Chiriches (or Kaboul) ,Rose is definitely LB in this next important match,interesting that now Poch have more solutions in all places in the pitch ,everyone could start as titular…I’m not sure about Vlad that he will start as titular ,maybe on the bench ,then we see further what will be with him…in this moment he's OK (STILL 3 DAYS available for the transfers in Europe,I hope he will stay for this season on W.H.L. despite he apparently is not the first option to start as titular ,he must wait for his chances to play in Premier League as titular and to stay far away from injuries,because for Europa League, Vlad is already a solution

Yes, Vertonghen and Dier will play vs. Liverpool most probable as titulars,or who knows maybe he changed his mind about Chiriches (or Kaboul) ,Rose is definitely LB in this next important match,interesting that now Poch have more solutions in all places in the pitch ,everyone could start as titular…I’m not sure about Vlad that he will start as titular ,maybe on the bench ,then we see further what will be with him…in this moment he's OK (STILL 3 DAYS available for the transfers in Europe,I hope he will stay for this season on W.H.L. despite he apparently is not the first option to start as titular ,he must wait for his chances to play in Premier League as titular and to stay far away from injuries,because for Europa League, Vlad is already a solution

Wow, you used the word titular a lot.... titular.....mmmmm

:ledleylick:

632555-vlad-chiriches_zpsc5a11bca.jpg

Vlad Chiriches could play in this first match of the preliminaries Euro 2016 vs. Greece (Athens,Sunday 7th september ,19.45 London Time) as…defensive midfielder ! (in front of central backs) said the press here…

That is not something new,he played several times with success when he played for Steaua 2 years ago in the romanian first league.

Mihai Stoichita (his ex-manager at the time for Steaua) said that :

“I never played with him as right back,he’s natural as centre back (left or right) but sometimes due to circumstances I played with him as defensive midfielder,and he played OK in that position ,I was pleased with him playing there in the front of central defenders)

Victor Piturca thinking now to play with him this match vs Greece,in the place of Bourceanu (titular DM in the national team ,but is now injured) so Chiriches is a solution as DM for this match ,4-2-3-1 Romania play this system ,exactly as Tottenham ,same thing…will see ,i give you all last infos about Vlad this week being at the national team…

Big chances for the National Stadium of Romania (Bucharest) ,56.000 places on seats,builded in 2011,to be one of the 13 host stadiums from Europe at the Euro 2020 Final Tournament announced the press from here. This would be a premiere for our country at this kind of level in football,19 stadiums will compete for 13 places.

On 19th september 2014 ,UEFA will announce who will be the stadiums that will held Euro 2020 matches,13 stadiums from 13 different countries (a premiere also,because a final tournament was held by a single country until now).
If will be choose,the press from here said that National Arena will held 4 matches (3 matches from group stage and one match in the eliminatory rounds ,probably Last 8 round.

The final Euro 2020 will be held in the big stadium from England – “New Wembley” for his big capacity on seats,while the stadium of Bayern Munchen,Allianz Arena – a semifinal.

National Arena was host at the Europa League Final 2012 ,when 2 spanish teams played the final here,Atletico de Madrid – Athletic Bilbao (3-0),video here:

But just for 2020 ,then return to previous system,a final tournament to be organized by the same country ,Germany announced already that wants to organize Euro 2024 and England to be host again,in 2028 (Euro 1996 previous)

Last edited:
I've been banging on about putting him in the midfield for almost a year. He has everything you need for that position.
Last update:
Anyway ,despite the press said he could play as DM ,looks like the manager don’t want to make experiments in an official match ,he will play more likely as central defender like he did until now,and as defensive midfielder who knows…maybe in other time (a friendly match or against weak opponent) not against Greece,a hard team to crack it.

632856-p1_zps68b113ce.jpg

Fresh photo of Vlad Chiriches,landing in Athens already, where on this sunday,Romania will play against Greece on their pitch,but with closed doors for fans,UEFA punish the hosts to play this match without audience (tip for those who like to bet football matches,it's a little advantage for Romania,not decisive, to play away this important match against the favourites of the group stage in the preliminaries Euro 2016.

Last news is that Vlad will play this match in the first eleven of Romania,for sure,,most probable as central defender,despite are voices that said he could play as defensive midfielder (low chances to play here).

Last edited:
Vlad Chiriches (in the left,stretching) on training session today held on “Giorgios Karaiskakis” ,the stadium of Olympiakos Pireu,where tomorrow will be the meeting between Greece and Romania (closed doors for fans,Greece banned by UEFA to play without audience).

bif9870_zps819c84d4.jpg

The press is sure that Vlad (24 years old) will play tomorrow as centre back,but unfortunately,not as captain, he lost the badge in the favour of the striker – Ciprian Marica (29 years old),that he have more influence at the national team.
bif9903_zps4231539b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom